Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Any current or recent RCIPS officers on here?

Any current or recent RCIPS officers on here?

Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Redcap5517 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any current or recent RCIPS officers on here?

Hi folks, application is away. Has anyone heard anything back? Probably wont hear until after closing date
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point

My application is going in next couple of days...

How many of us applying? We should set up a private email group. Feel free to PM me and I get a group going.

Cheers
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:09 am
Mass Hysteria

metalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keekthegeek
My force allows career breaks of up to 5 years, however looking at the regulations it states you cant undertake full time education or activities for which you are paid, so think I would have to resign from my force !!
I think with "modern" policing (bureaucratic shambles of a system that it is) it's the same anywhere, nowadays. You either take the leap of faith and resign, or keep plodding on. Personally, I know what my decision will be! Just waiting for the clearance certificate to come back, and then my application is going in! If I can't get an opportunity like this with the help of my home force, then sorry boys and girls, you're on your own from now on!
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:52 am
Mass Hysteria

metalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond repute

As a quick aside, what did everyone else do with regards to disciplinary history? I don't have one, but HR won't give me anything to confirm... They said they would only give the "official" written confirmation to a prospective employer when asking for a reference. I found that a bit peculiar, but understandable, I suppose. I just hope it isn't their own, internal way of making it difficult for people to move elsewhere... Was anyone else in the same boat?
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by metalredstar
As a quick aside, what did everyone else do with regards to disciplinary history? I don't have one, but HR won't give me anything to confirm... They said they would only give the "official" written confirmation to a prospective employer when asking for a reference. I found that a bit peculiar, but understandable, I suppose. I just hope it isn't their own, internal way of making it difficult for people to move elsewhere... Was anyone else in the same boat?
Ive just sent over an email to my HR as Im currently on a career break and ive told them why I need it. If they refuse I'll just call Fed rep and get them to sort it out.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 12:02 pm
Mass Hysteria

You must have a pretty useful Federation... Ours are the worst! Just getting someone to respond to an e-mail or actually call you back is almost impossible. Let me know how you get on
Old Mar 10th 2014, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

taketheplunge is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got any info from a current RCIPS serving officer about way of life / cost of living etc?
Old Mar 10th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

powersmurf Ive sent you a message (or rather I will when I exceed 3 posts!)
Old Mar 10th 2014, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point

taketheplunge:- im not a serving officer but was also looking at moving, I have looked at the cost of houses and cheapest I have seen is $1500ci plus bills to rent for a 3 bed, I have also looked into schooling which looks like I would have to pay for that due to having two kids...so looking quite expensive atm
Old Mar 10th 2014, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

What sort of area is that in? I'm guessing that's probably not a too good area if its the cheapest youve found?

Being single I'd only need an apartment and due to amount of burglaries was thinking somewhere in a block which is gated / guarded, no idea of cost yet though!
Old Mar 10th 2014, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point

for a gated apartment I think was between 1200-1400, however I don't know the areas, I think this would be something you could get advice on from officers out there
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Taketheplunge I was chatting with a cop over there through Linkedin, and he is out there with his wife and loves it. Cost of living can be a bit more expensive but im sure if you lived and worked in London you woukd say the same. He has 2 bed condo near ocean, whete a number of other officers live and he pays 2k per month with elec, water and internet about 350 pm. He gets by no probs on his monthly wage.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Redcap would you mind asking the guy you were speaking with if he would be happy for me to contact him.

I've got loads of questions, which no doubt you have already asked.

Questions such as
1, Shift times / lengths / rest days
2, Working conditions. I read some negative reviews on here previously but I'm thinking things may have changed since then
3, Social life (being single I'm keen to make sure that I wouldn't just be spending my life in my apartment every day)

4, Finally particularly keen to find out about the firearms role, as that is what I would be applying for. Is it full time unit, or as and when required and what do you do in between etc.

All info welcomed with open arms!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Taketheplunge - For your info the firearms is a full time unit. The shift pattern for uniform.is 2 earlies, 2 lates, 2 nights and 4 off. The shift are base around a 0700-1700, 1500-2200, 2200-0700 variation
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! Basically what I work now! Think I might need to get a place with Aircon to help sleep after those night shifts!

Any idea of how big the unit is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.