Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Any current or recent RCIPS officers on here?

Any current or recent RCIPS officers on here?

Old Mar 4th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Stark1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any current or recent RCIPS officers on here?

I am applying to join RCIPS. Having read threads on here over the past few years about the RCIPS, I am not interested about the organisations bad points or anyone that wants to moan about them (every Police Service has management issues etc). I would be grateful if anyone actually knows anything about the current recruitment campaign please; What is the length of service an experienced Officer will be initially hired for ? Is Cayman criminal law similar to ours ? Please only reply if you actually know, I really don't want speculative answers or personal opinions. Sorry to be blunt, but I am ready to send my application and I am serious about joining them. Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 9:37 am
Mass Hysteria

metalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond reputemetalredstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stark1979
What is the length of service an experienced Officer will be initially hired for?
If you're that serious, you'd have read the recruitment pages on the CI government website properly, which would have given you the answer you want. Or better yet, why don't you contact them and ask them directly? If you're not interested in "speculative answers" or "personal opinions", one might politely suggest posting your rudely worded enquiry on a forum thread filled with potential applicants perhaps isn't the place for you.

Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:15 am
Just Joined

@ metalredstar - the advert states must be able to make an initial commitment of 3 years. Doesn't state what they INTEND to hire you for which is something i would like to know. I interpret this as two different things. I have read the government website, because that's where the application link is, so thanks for your help with that. Oh, yes i did email them a week ago with my questions, got no reply,hence posting my questions on here so again thanks for pointing out the obvious. Also, don't take the content of posts on here personally, as you rightly point out it is an open forum, which means people are entitled to ask things and seek answers. I apologised for my bluntness, if you are a person to interpret my post in that way. I mean no offence, i would just like factual answers is all.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stark,

I emailed them last week and have yet to get a reply.

I believe it's for a maximum of 7 years but need this confirmed.

I think I will hold out for Canada or Australia, as if accepted to RCIPS there are too many factors and I don't want to be unemployed after 7 years service.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Jim2001 many thanks for the info. If you do get a reply from them,would you mind keeping me updated? Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

jim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond reputejim2001 has a reputation beyond repute

No probs mate
Old Mar 5th 2014, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

ESTM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

If selected the contracts are for three years.

They used to be for two but this has changed.

At the moment government workers are exempt from rollover which is the seven year status people are mentioning. This has since changed to nine years but you can claim PR after seven.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:11 am
Just Joined

ESTM thanks for the info. 3 years? This is something to think about, I'm guessing that the likelihood of having a further 3 year contract after this us down to government budgets, the need to retain you and your performance. This is a big gamble, i may reconsider applying.....such a shame if RCIPS were to offer permanent jobs they wouldn't have to keep on hiring every few years.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Stark

I guess it boils down to what you've got going on in the UK?

A lot of government roles are contracted but some people end up staying for years and then even claim PR.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Hi ESTM,

I've been thinking about this and i will apply in any case. I have no attachments here in the UK the only thing is that I have a job in the police until i'm 60 (all being well). It is a gamble, because 3 years isn't a lot and I won't have a job to come back to if RCIPS don't renew a contract after 3 years (assuming i do get a job offer of course). So lot's of thinking to do, and the info from here is giving me things to consider as well.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi mate

Yeh its alot to consider and only you can really make the decision, all i would say is it was the best thing i ever did, i love it and its the best job in the world.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 10:26 am
Just Joined

I don't doubt you, it would probably be the best thing I will have done too. I'm going to apply....It's a gamble....but i think worth it
Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ESTM
Hi mate

Yeh its alot to consider and only you can really make the decision, all i would say is it was the best thing i ever did, i love it and its the best job in the world.
What do you love about it? Are you still out there and if so how long have you been serving with them?
Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

taketheplunge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
New to this forum, so hello! I've been thinking about going for this every couple of years when the vacancy pops up and decided that now is better than never!

I'm a young single guy with 9 years experience with a force near to London and basically fed up! I'm on the ARV's and full advanced driving etc etc.

I was wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on the firearms positions available.

I complied a list of questions, hopefully someone might be able to answer to give me a better idea of the job role.
Is the firearms position full time? (or as in some UK forces where they have their traffic arm up in times of need).
Are the tactics similar to the UK?
What does the day to day job entail? (i.e training / F/a warrants or "assisting division" as we call it)

I'm also very keen to hear about other aspects of the job / life in general including cost of living, broadband, social aspects with colleagues.

Any PM's would be greatly received (as from reading there maybe some reluctance to post here).

Would also happily accept phone calls / skype from anyone so I can be better informed when making this jump.....

(also my force still allow career breaks up to 5 years, does anybody see this as a problem or is it unlikely they would allow it)?

Thanking you greatly!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

keekthegeek is an unknown quantity at this point

My force allows career breaks of up to 5 years, however looking at the regulations it states you cant undertake full time education or activities for which you are paid, so think I would have to resign from my force !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.