This is agony

Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Dinger Bell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This is agony

Ozpcwannabe - passed the fitness first attempt 6 September.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

OzPCwannaB will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dinger Bell
Ozpcwannabe - passed the fitness first attempt 6 September.
Oh no that's pants. Really thought if ud passed the fitness ul b half way there?!
COME ON DAMN EMAIL... IM WAITING!!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah passed everything 1st time. 30yrs old, 5 years frontline, no dependants, I genuinely felt like I ticked all the boxes. It is so hurtful
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fadsie1
Yeah passed everything 1st time. 30yrs old, 5 years frontline, no dependants, I genuinely felt like I ticked all the boxes. It is so hurtful
You would think all those boxes are ticked?!
I'm not far off you really. I passed fitness too. 28, 7.5 years front line, single going alone but wiv all family in oz I'm only one left in uk!
I'm hoping its positive otherwise it's plan b! But it still includes going oz!
How do you think interview went?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

I thought it went ok!! Obviously I was wrong though. I dont understand. I am going to phone tonight and plead my case. May as well try
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

I thought it went ok!! Obviously I was wrong though. I dont understand. I am going to phone tonight and plead my case. May as well try
Well I guess you have to do what you think is best. When it's your dream you will do what it takes to get it I guess. Just don't get angry!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Fadsie,

I didn't think my interview was of catastrophic proportions either. There was an issue with a PSD complaint which I managed to sort out after the interview that was an incorrect entry which is why I didn't know about it when questioned.
My force sent emails to WAPOL in order to clarify the error and explain the entry was being expunged but it doesn't appear to have made any difference. I am just hoping that my force's emails have been lost or gone missing from my file and that is why I was turned down, as they were sent while the recruitment team were still in London. Hopefully it may give me a second chance at the dream.
At this stage, neither of us have anything left to lose is the way I look at it but good advice from Ozwannab. It's only the cost of a phone call as well.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

That's it mate. I had 2 outstanding complaints sprung on me aswell. One I was sure had been resolved. The other I recieved an email for but have heard nothing since. I also spoke to psd after interview and it turns out the one I thought was resolved had been resolved but not updated and the other is a nothing complaint which will be dealt with very soon. That is the only thing I could think cost me. Hopefully they will look at it again. It seems a coincidence that we both missed out and both had psd issues
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

That's it mate. I had 2 outstanding complaints sprung on me aswell. One I was sure had been resolved. The other I recieved an email for but have heard nothing since. I also spoke to psd after interview and it turns out the one I thought was resolved had been resolved but not updated and the other is a nothing complaint which will be dealt with very soon. That is the only thing I could think cost me. Hopefully they will look at it again. It seems a coincidence that we both missed out and both had psd issues
Fadsie not sure if u remember the lad from GMP who was next to me on our fitness day but he also got a no due to psd issues. Not sure what he's going to do but he did say that he had an ongoing one.

Good luck to you both, when you make that call.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers mate. Ill let ya know the result. This complaint is a bloke who didnt like being arrested and said i was rude and obnoxious. A typical complaint I hope it doesn't cost me everything
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers mate. Ill let ya know the result. This complaint is a bloke who didnt like being arrested and said i was rude and obnoxious. A typical complaint I hope it doesn't cost me everything
I know when I read the email my husband got when it came to testing in London it said something like if you get any complaints or points on your licence then contact us immediately as you can no longer progress in the recuritment stages.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

chaz78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dinger and Fadsie, really feel for you guys, I know you've put your hearts into this, you are both 100% and you deserve to get through....I still haven't heard and am now prepping myself for the worse. I too thought that my interview was ok, passed fitness first time, only one nothing complaint sprung on me that they didn't seem overly concerned about....Hopefully tomorrow I'll know one way or the other. First day from Wapol recruitment seems to be yes, second day no, third day..........
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi did you manage to plead your case or at least get some feedback.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
Hi did you manage to plead your case or at least get some feedback.
I have just received a reply from Wapol after contacting them several times. It seems I just didn't meet the standard they require overall, not just because of an erroneous entry on my complaints history. Can't argue with that as my interviewed dipped for the worse after the erroneous entry was discussed so didn't do myself justice from there on in as I was so worried about the entry I knew nothing about.

Better luck next time for me!!!
Old Oct 17th 2013, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Oh that's a shame. But least you got some answers in the end. Try, try, again?!
I'm STILL waiting?! Starting to prepare for the worst now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.