Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Advice from Edmonton applicants

Advice from Edmonton applicants

Old Mar 14th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice from Edmonton applicants

Hi,I'm after some advice/ tips from anybody who's gone through the application for the EPS.
I'm at the very early stages (just printed off the forms from the internet)
I have been in contact with a lad from the recruiting Dept, who's been very helpful, but I still have a few queries re the application forms that need to be sent.
First of all, I don't seem to be able to find the disclosure form.It wasn't part of the PDF file that I printed off and I can't seem to find it on their web site.
Secondly, what's the most straight forward way to pay the $107 admin fee. I know this is probably a stupid question, but I've never paid for anything that had to be transfered into a foreign currency.
Also,I don't have any of my certificates from school (only had GCSEs ).Is this
likely to cause problems, or will they accept my police probation as meeting the required standard.

Cheers in advance

Steve
Old Mar 14th 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

respecttradition is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice from Edmonton applicants

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Hi,I'm after some advice/ tips from anybody who's gone through the application for the EPS.
I'm at the very early stages (just printed off the forms from the internet)
I have been in contact with a lad from the recruiting Dept, who's been very helpful, but I still have a few queries re the application forms that need to be sent.
First of all, I don't seem to be able to find the disclosure form.It wasn't part of the PDF file that I printed off and I can't seem to find it on their web site.
Secondly, what's the most straight forward way to pay the $107 admin fee. I know this is probably a stupid question, but I've never paid for anything that had to be transfered into a foreign currency.
Also,I don't have any of my certificates from school (only had GCSEs ).Is this
likely to cause problems, or will they accept my police probation as meeting the required standard.

Cheers in advance

Steve

Hi Steve,

I am currently sat in a hotel room in Edmonton going through the process. I did the fitness test yesterday and passed it - my advice re this test is to train hard, it is difficult but not at all impossible. There are 8 of us here at the moment, 6 UK bobbies a Canadian lad and a UK lady. Only two failed the fitness test and nobody puked!
I've just done the disclosure interview and I have been asked for my qualification certificates to be taken to a Canadian Agency to be verified so I'm pretty sure you'll need to obtain your certificates. They need to know if you have reached the equivalent of grade 12 over here which is basically your O'level result.
The disclosure form is on the site www.joineps.ca, under application - experienced officer.
The easiest thing to do re the fee is to obtain a bankers draft in canadian currency from your own bank - there is a fee (well there would be - bloody banks) then post it with your application on special delivery.
The process is nervewracking and very intense whilst your out here, but from the brits I've spoken to who are out here, they all say without doubt that its worth it.
According to the recruitment lady there are currently 60 UK applicants going through the procee already, so don't wait around.
Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me at any time if you want any advice.

Jed
Old Mar 15th 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from Edmonton applicants

Jed, many thanks for the info it's exactly what I was after. I will PM you with a few more questions, if that's Ok.

Best of luck with the rest of the process.

Steve