British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Plumbers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/)
-   -   vettasses prac test (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/vettasses-prac-test-511464/)

johnknight001 Feb 3rd 2008 8:02 pm

vettasses prac test

hello all, has anyone actually done it yet. any info would be good.
john

SimonG Feb 3rd 2008 10:10 pm

Re: vettasses prac test

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 5879308)
hello all, has anyone actually done it yet. any info would be good.
john

I'll second that.

It would be very interesting to hear from people who have been through it and to share their experience.

Simon

Jackandy Feb 6th 2008 8:15 pm

Hi,
I am a fully qualified plumber aged 44, looking to hear from anyone who has or is going through the practical test.
Thinking of moving to Brisbane with my family, anyone give me some idea on lifestyle there would be great. :)

Racht70 Feb 11th 2008 9:10 pm

Does every plumber have to take this flippin' test?

johnknight001 Feb 12th 2008 9:37 am

YES all plumbers have to complete the prac test, it is a pain but if thats what is required then thats what we do.
Not sure if anyone has actually done the plumbing one yet but i no most other trades have, do a search on the test and look at the threads for info.
john

nick carter Feb 12th 2008 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Jackandy (Post 5895843)
Hi,
I am a fully qualified plumber aged 44, looking to hear from anyone who has or is going through the practical test.
Thinking of moving to Brisbane with my family, anyone give me some idea on lifestyle there would be great. :)

hi mate i am also 44 and wanting to move to perth, time is short for us though as the practical test has to be done before visa can be lodged have just received all the paper work for it and it looks pretty difficult and finding evidence of everything i have done will be fun. seems as though 25 years of experience is not enough ! good luck to you

Jackandy Feb 12th 2008 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by nick carter (Post 5920965)
hi mate i am also 44 and wanting to move to perth, time is short for us though as the practical test has to be done before visa can be lodged have just received all the paper work for it and it looks pretty difficult and finding evidence of everything i have done will be fun. seems as though 25 years of experience is not enough ! good luck to you

Hi Nick,

I have just got all the onfo needed to apply for a visa, now i just need to action and start the process. My wife looked at pom in Oz web and she has seen an advertisement there wanting plumbers up to the age of 50, if successful they will get permanent residency. Seems like another option maybe? We are looking at Brisbane. Seems the whole process does take about a year, so good luck mate.:)

nick carter Feb 12th 2008 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jackandy (Post 5922239)
Hi Nick,

I have just got all the onfo needed to apply for a visa, now i just need to action and start the process. My wife looked at pom in Oz web and she has seen an advertisement there wanting plumbers up to the age of 50, if successful they will get permanent residency. Seems like another option maybe? We are looking at Brisbane. Seems the whole process does take about a year, so good luck mate.:)

hi yes i have now got all paperwork and filling out forms, never seen so many also a bit worried cause they talk about irrigation and sprinkler systems which i have never fitted so i will have to wait and see if i get in , my brother in law went 2 years ago with no qualifications just experience so i should have done it a while ago. If you could let me have the web site your wife saw that would be great, many thanks nick

Jackandy Feb 12th 2008 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by nick carter (Post 5922328)
hi yes i have now got all paperwork and filling out forms, never seen so many also a bit worried cause they talk about irrigation and sprinkler systems which i have never fitted so i will have to wait and see if i get in , my brother in law went 2 years ago with no qualifications just experience so i should have done it a while ago. If you could let me have the web site your wife saw that would be great, many thanks nick

Hi Nick, The adress is [email protected] hope you, find what you are looking for. Let me know how you get on. Likewise will let you know of any info i find.
Cheers Andy:)

johnknight001 Feb 12th 2008 7:16 pm

sorry to but in to your thread, i have looked at the plumbers position on ********, it looks like an investment job, ie buy a franchise! at least thats the way it looked, hope im wrong.
john

Jackandy Feb 12th 2008 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 5923182)
sorry to but in to your thread, i have looked at the plumbers position on ********, it looks like an investment job, ie buy a franchise! at least thats the way it looked, hope im wrong.
john

Hi Johnknight,

Dont mind at all, looking in, thats what this is site is all about, helping and giving info and advice that will help. I will be careful when looking into this.

Cheers Andy:thumbup:

susan m Feb 24th 2008 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by nick carter (Post 5920965)

hi, have just read your comments, I have been a plumber/gas fitter in the uk for 14 years and have always been working on new build home. I have all my qualifications but by the looks of things I may still have to sit a test, can you tell me if this part is part of the visa app, ie do they send it to you or do you have to research this yourself,

I take it that I would not be able to work straight away as a plumber without this test or would a provisional lic be ok to start with.

any help appreciated. cheers, ian

johnknight001 Feb 24th 2008 7:43 pm

hi
as a plumber going to aus you would be required to sit a skills test before applying for your visa, this is based on 3 parts. a self assesment (this is free), you then submit a app form with evidence( this can take a while to get together and there is a charge). finaly if they think you are ok to procede you sit a two day skills assesment(again there is a charge). then you apply for visa. I think this is all correct. the web site with all info is www.vetassess.com.au.
hope this helps!!

ronnie98 Mar 10th 2008 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 5978175)
hi
as a plumber going to aus you would be required to sit a skills test before applying for your visa, this is based on 3 parts. a self assesment (this is free), you then submit a app form with evidence( this can take a while to get together and there is a charge). finaly if they think you are ok to procede you sit a two day skills assesment(again there is a charge). then you apply for visa. I think this is all correct. the web site with all info is www.vetassess.com.au.
hope this helps!!

Im in the middle of my paper work but have spoken to some one regarding the practicle test which was in december, the only one held so far and it was all basic stuff accept you had to do a bit of brazing, they also asked a few questions on the way but wernt trying to catch you out, they just were making sure you were a UK plumber and that was it.

SimonG Mar 10th 2008 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by ronnie98 (Post 6044311)
Im in the middle of my paper work but have spoken to some one regarding the practicle test which was in december, the only one held so far and it was all basic stuff accept you had to do a bit of brazing, they also asked a few questions on the way but wernt trying to catch you out, they just were making sure you were a UK plumber and that was it.

How long after the test did they receive their results?

Simon.