British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Plumbers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/)
-   -   plumbing redseal exam canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/plumbing-redseal-exam-canada-537233/)

Julie_p May 17th 2008 2:49 pm

plumbing redseal exam canada

Hi can someone please advice if they have any info on the plumbing journeyman/redseal exam that you have to sit within 6 months of arriving in canada, OH as a job offer in calgary for a plumber, we are currently in the process of getting all the paperwork together to send to the 'alberta industry board' for assessment, once we have a certificate saying basically yes you can sit exam we will be going over on a twp, hubby is worried about this exam he hates them and wonders if anyone on here as ever done it? is it multiple choice etc??the firm as offered to do the training etc for it, thanks in advance, julie :D

tinyteds Feb 12th 2009 8:16 pm

Re: plumbing redseal exam canada

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6362848)
Hi can someone please advice if they have any info on the plumbing journeyman/redseal exam that you have to sit within 6 months of arriving in canada, OH as a job offer in calgary for a plumber, we are currently in the process of getting all the paperwork together to send to the 'alberta industry board' for assessment, once we have a certificate saying basically yes you can sit exam we will be going over on a twp, hubby is worried about this exam he hates them and wonders if anyone on here as ever done it? is it multiple choice etc??the firm as offered to do the training etc for it, thanks in advance, julie :D

Hi there!
I know it has been a long time since you posted this message but i am new to this forum and have been looking through some threads that might give my husband some advice regarding plumbing in canada! I was just wondering how your husband got on in the end with the red seal exam? Did he have to do some training first, or was he able to take the exam straight away? Did he find it difficult and much different compaired with UK plumbing procedures?
Sorry for asking so many questions but at the moment we are starting to panic about the whole thing!!!

bluefishman Feb 16th 2009 9:30 am

i allso would like to know how he got on as am thinking of doing same this year,cheers andy

paulcarew Aug 22nd 2009 4:35 pm

Hi it is different from the uk you have to sit the exam the questions are multiple choice , try sait in calgary to see if they do any courses or see if you employer will help with training , they do some distance courses,

you need on the job training and go to a collage I did my gas ticket by my self found it hard work , basically its just plumbing you just have to get to know how they do it here thats the bit you will pick up very quick, its not retraining just doing it there way thats all.

hope this helps