British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Plumbers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/)
-   -   plumbing practical in july (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/plumbing-practical-july-543070/)

johnknight001 Jun 15th 2008 8:14 am

plumbing practical in july

hi all,
any one else got a date yet for the test, mines 17 july in london.
john

SimonG Jun 15th 2008 9:08 am

Re: plumbing practical in july

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 6468197)
hi all,
john

Nice one John, good luck.

johnknight001 Jun 15th 2008 10:44 am

Originally Posted by SimonG (Post 6468315)
Nice one John, good luck.

cheers simon, i guees it begins now!!

Julie_p Jun 16th 2008 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 6468197)
hi all,
john

Hi John which test might this be and where are you emigrating to?

mcooper746 Jun 28th 2008 7:38 am

good luck on the practical, could you send me some details when you have done it dont know where we are yet as wife keeps changing her mind about going so i think im now just going to go with it then if she changes again we will be a bit furher down the road instead of starting from scratch again thanks martin c

ronnie98 Jun 29th 2008 10:36 am

yes I ill be there on the 21st, please let us know how you get on john, try and calm my nerves.:confused:

mcooper746 Aug 4th 2008 9:26 pm

hi ronnie have you had your results yet

mcooper746 Aug 4th 2008 9:27 pm

you as well john

ronnie98 Aug 5th 2008 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mcooper746 (Post 6645556)
you as well john

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, still waiting

mcooper746 Aug 5th 2008 6:22 am

hopefully not much longer

johnknight001 Aug 5th 2008 9:14 am

Originally Posted by mcooper746 (Post 6645556)
you as well john

passed practical assessment, had the letter last friday.
john

BEVS Aug 6th 2008 7:11 am

It's gotta be Oz. If it was NZ - New Zealand - you would have to fly here, part with $3500 NZD and take a 4 day assessment + exams. THat just gets you to registered for an employer.:thumbdown:

SUSANM Aug 29th 2008 8:14 pm

hi can anyone out there tell us hat the plumbing test entalls test booked for oct:confused:

mcooper746 Aug 30th 2008 6:58 am

well done john any luck yet ronnie

SimonG Sep 1st 2008 6:59 am

Originally Posted by SUSANM (Post 6729022)
hi can anyone out there tell us hat the plumbing test entalls test booked for oct:confused:

If yoy have a look on the VETASSES web site there are details on there. Somebody will probably be along as well who has done the test to put your mind at ease.

Simon.

SUSANM Sep 2nd 2008 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by SimonG (Post 6736431)
If yoy have a look on the VETASSES web site there are details on there. Somebody will probably be along as well who has done the test to put your mind at ease.

Simon.

THANKS SIMON THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL :D

johnknight001 Sep 2nd 2008 7:43 pm

sent you email.
john

ronnie98 Sep 4th 2008 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by mcooper746 (Post 6730547)
well done john any luck yet ronnie

been awayyyyyyyyyyyy, failed on one silly thing, my own fault really I wasnt thinking at the end so cant pass the blame. Ill be there in october to put things right though.

SUSANM Sep 4th 2008 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ronnie98 (Post 6748954)
been awayyyyyyyyyyyy, failed on one silly thing, my own fault really I wasnt thinking at the end so cant pass the blame. Ill be there in october to put things right though.

SORRY TO HEAR YOU FAILED IF IT`S NOT TOO MUCH OF A SORE SUBJECT WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND TONY BRUSHES UP ON FOR OCT GOT OUR DATE TODAY 27th

SUSANM Sep 4th 2008 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by johnknight001 (Post 6741526)
sent you email.
john

THANKS FOR EMAIL JOHN VERY HELPFUL

john& becky Sep 30th 2008 9:27 pm

Hi
If you folks dont mind too much could you give me a run down on what to expect when I do my plumbing practical 27th October?
What sort of things are involved in the practical tasks, soldering, brazing etc>?

Thanks
john

SUSANM Oct 1st 2008 10:02 am

Originally Posted by john& becky (Post 6834233)
Hi
If you folks dont mind too much could you give me a run down on what to expect when I do my plumbing practical 27th October?
What sort of things are involved in the practical tasks, soldering, brazing etc>?

Thanks
john

HI JOHN HAVE YOU GOT YOUR PRACTICAL BOOKED IN ACCRINGTON AS I`M DOING MINE THAT DAY AND FEELING A BIT NERVOUS MYSELF ANY HELP YOU COME ACROSS I`D BE GRATEFUL OF TOO TONY

ronnie98 Oct 2nd 2008 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by SUSANM (Post 6835282)
HI JOHN HAVE YOU GOT YOUR PRACTICAL BOOKED IN ACCRINGTON AS I`M DOING MINE THAT DAY AND FEELING A BIT NERVOUS MYSELF ANY HELP YOU COME ACROSS I`D BE GRATEFUL OF TOO TONY

only thing to brush up on was the gas questions and what the important things were for sprinklers and fir hoses pm me and i will give you some more indepth answers

ronnie98 Oct 2nd 2008 7:34 pm

my new date is the 31st oct

john& becky Oct 6th 2008 7:40 pm

I'm booked in london on 27th, had a very useful message about what to expect, basically what the practical is likely to involve.
It seems the assessor will ask us to fabricate and pressure test a pipework model (accurately to a drawing) using LCS, threads and fittings plus brazing a few copper joints. We will also have to waste pipe a basin, bath and WC with the correct falls and clip spacings and air test. In between times we will be asked a few questions on a fairly informal basis, more a check that we know what to do. Will be finished by about 6pm but they won't let you know on the day whetherits good or bad news. Tools needed should be hand tools and torch, threading tools and dies are provided by the college.