Plumbing & Heating jobs

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 10:12 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
mandi moo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Newcastle - Calgary yo-yo
Posts: 489
mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Plumbing & Heating jobs

Im hoping to do some work in Australia for a year.I have all my gas tickets, corgi etc, whats the first steps i have to take? Do you find a job and go for a work permit like you do in Canada? Are there tests to take?
Thanks
Darren

Last edited by mandi moo; Nov 22nd 2007 at 10:16 am.
mandi moo is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:27 pm
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Drakes Broughton, Worcestershire
Posts: 551
Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Originally Posted by mandi moo View Post
Im hoping to do some work in Australia for a year.I have all my gas tickets, corgi etc, whats the first steps i have to take? Do you find a job and go for a work permit like you do in Canada? Are there tests to take?
Thanks
Darren
Depends where you want to go! Each state has different rules - I believe in Vic or Qld you can get your gas ticket straight away from showing Corgi card (might be wrong) but definately won't be recognised in WA. Not to the extent of allowing you to work straight away anyway! Usually some course / assessment involved especially for plumbing side of it!
Dan
Dan the Plumber is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:18 am
  #3  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5
j4ygu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Originally Posted by mandi moo View Post
Im hoping to do some work in Australia for a year.I have all my gas tickets, corgi etc, whats the first steps i have to take? Do you find a job and go for a work permit like you do in Canada? Are there tests to take?
Thanks
Darren
My husband is a corgi registered gas fitter / heating engineer from Manchester & we're living in QLD, they will basically give you your Gas licence but they will only allow you to have a temporary elec & plumbing licence. He had to do a course for his full restricted electrical & he has to do another one for his plumbing which is the most involved yet so here's hoping he passes. Hope that helps
j4ygu is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:10 am
  #4  
Enjoying the good life!
 
SarahJane2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Bayside, Brisbane
Posts: 886
SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Originally Posted by j4ygu View Post
My husband is a corgi registered gas fitter / heating engineer from Manchester & we're living in QLD, they will basically give you your Gas licence but they will only allow you to have a temporary elec & plumbing licence. He had to do a course for his full restricted electrical & he has to do another one for his plumbing which is the most involved yet so here's hoping he passes. Hope that helps
Hows your hubby getting on with his course? mine is just getting started.
SarahJane2007 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:19 pm
  #5  
Shaun'n'Jo
 
jodakin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Wombourne, South Staffordshire
Posts: 16
jodakin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Hi, sorry to butt in on your posts, but my hubbie is a Plumber/Corgi gas fitter in the UK, we are just waiting for our visa to arrive and are heading out to QLD next June/July all being well. We have heard that the plumbing courses at the TAFE that you need to get onto to obtain your full licence are all full up. Therefore lots of plumbers are having to work on a provisional licence for a long time, with no hope of getting their full licence as they can't get on a course - does anyone know whether this is this correct?? Many thanks Jo.
jodakin is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:18 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5
j4ygu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Originally Posted by Shortlets View Post
Hows your hubby getting on with his course? mine is just getting started.

He hasnt started yet but hopefully will get enrolled in the next course. Where is your hubby doing his course, is he working?
j4ygu is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:23 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5
j4ygu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Originally Posted by jodakin View Post
Hi, sorry to butt in on your posts, but my hubbie is a Plumber/Corgi gas fitter in the UK, we are just waiting for our visa to arrive and are heading out to QLD next June/July all being well. We have heard that the plumbing courses at the TAFE that you need to get onto to obtain your full licence are all full up. Therefore lots of plumbers are having to work on a provisional licence for a long time, with no hope of getting their full licence as they can't get on a course - does anyone know whether this is this correct?? Many thanks Jo.
Hey, there may be a bit of a wait but i wouldnt say it was for a long time. If you havnt done the course by the time your licence runs out you have to reapply & also provide a good excuse as to why you havnt completed the course. Ours was that we arrived in the country, moved house once, got married & had a baby within 6 months & they were satisfied with that but hubby was also on the waiting list so that is usually enough to suffice them, as long as you are doing something proactive to get the licence they will should renew it.
j4ygu is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:37 am
  #8  
Enjoying the good life!
 
SarahJane2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Bayside, Brisbane
Posts: 886
SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Plumbing & Heating jobs

Originally Posted by j4ygu View Post
He hasnt started yet but hopefully will get enrolled in the next course. Where is your hubby doing his course, is he working?
Oh hes doing a correspondance course. Whereabouts are you situated? We are Lota, near Wynnum, East Brisbane.
SarahJane2007 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.