Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Plumbing course, Gold Coast

Plumbing course, Gold Coast

Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Plumbing course, Gold Coast

I have today enrolled on the plumbing licence coarse that starts in Feb at the Gold Coast Tafe and would like to find other plumbers that are going to do the same coarse, be good to get in touch before it starts.
Gary
Old Nov 21st 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of
Default Re: Plumbing course, Gold Coast

g`day gary,

i`m not on the course but thinking of getting on , as im just over the border in nsw ive been trying to go for the nsw licence but none of the north nsw tafes seem to do it yet although lismore tafe are planing too but not sure when.so planing to get the queensland one and swap interstate to the nsw licence through mutural recognition
i did call skilltech in brisbane regarding the licence course a guy called kerry appelt who to be honest wasnt very helpfull said i would need to do all 12 course components at a cost of around $2800 or have my uk quals assessed (advanced city and guilds and corgi) at a cost of $2500 to see if i could sit part of the 12 components,he kind of put us off to be honest.
do you have a name and number of person incharge of the goldcoast licence course and are you having to do all 12 components and do the costs above seem right
ive got my queensland provisional plumbing/draining licence and full gas licence through mines and energy queensland
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Pipkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There

We would also be interested to hear what you will have to cover in your course. I did my Vetassess here in July and passed. We emailed Kerry Apelt a few weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing from him! Very unsure as to how much time I will need to spend at college, the cost and how easy to get on a course!!

We are still in the UK, but hoping to be out next year if visa goes ok. As an aside, do I take it that you are both still in work?? Is there enough to go around? Do you know if any companies are employing at the mo?

Mark
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

oz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud ofoz miller man has much to be proud of

pipkins

hi, not working myself yet, taken about 6 months just to get my provisionals sorted and ive just sent them off to be assesed and swaped to nsw so looking at job hunting after xmas , dont see too many jobs advertised this side of the border so ill be contacting all the big companies in north nsw to see what the crack is. hear theres more work on the goldy but i dont fancy the hour and half comute, busy traffic and time difference working up there so going to give it a go down here first.

going to give goldcoast tafe a call next week but there was a post on another thread saying the course is 9 months at a cost of $5000, starts in feb.