Plumbing Abroad

Old Mar 4th 2015, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Joe P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing Abroad

Alright Lads,

I'm a fully qualified plumber and looking to get out of the U.K and work abroad. I've been plumbing since I left school ( 8 years ago, 24 now) and was hoping to get some advice about immigrating to Australia or Canada. I've previously worked in Australia on a working holiday visa for 7 months but I'm looking for something permanent.
Cheers!
Old Mar 4th 2015, 7:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbing Abroad

Originally Posted by Joe P
Alright Lads,

I'm a fully qualified plumber and looking to get out of the U.K and work abroad. I've been plumbing since I left school ( 8 years ago, 24 now) and was hoping to get some advice about immigrating to Australia or Canada. I've previously worked in Australia on a working holiday visa for 7 months but I'm looking for something permanent.
Cheers!
A working holiday visa for Canada would get you a 2 year open work permit, and be far and away your quickest and easiest route to Canada.

The only downside is that the 2015 program is about to open any day now, and visas go within a matter of minutes, so you'll need to get cracking if you want to do that! But once you've got the visa, you have a year to use it so don't have to move straight away.

HTH, maybe see you in the Canada forums if you decide on there.

Good luck.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 8:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Alright Lads,

Cheers!
As you probably know, you could apply for a skilled visa to Australia. You would need to have your skills assessed, meet the points requirement, etc for independent visas - or you may get lucky with a sponsor. Skill Shortage Solutions were looking for plumbers recently with the possibility of sponsorship - http://www.skillshortagesolutions.com.au/

Did you get your license whilst here previously?

Edit - just noticed the start of your post - 'alright lads' Maybe I shouldn't have bothered responding seeing as you only want comments from the blokes

Last edited by old.sparkles; Mar 5th 2015 at 8:02 am.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 2:58 am
Just Joined

cayman_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright Lads,

Cheers!
I am looking for plumbers in the Cayman island full time. If you or you know any good honest hard working looking to relocate let me know
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has been a qualified plumber for a year, we have read that you need 9000 hours of experience or 72 months. Does this include college?
Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2015, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

rusa7312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cayman_
I am looking for plumbers in the Cayman island full time. If you or you know any good honest hard working looking to relocate let me know
Hi
We are looking to relocate and my husband is a plumber.
We was looking at Australia but from what I've read UK plumbers are having a difficult time there.
Please contact me regarding opportunity in Cayman Islands.
Many thanks