Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

What qualifications/courses?????

What qualifications/courses?????

Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

IamBatman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What qualifications/courses?????

Hi All,

I like many others am a plumbing/gas engineer looking to attempt the big move with my family, looking at Queensland to be more specific the reason I am posting again is some posts are quite dated and regulations and requirements change quiet a lot these days and would like some up to date info if possible.

I have plenty experience over in the U.K around 15yrs and i'm qualified in both domestic and commercial plumbing and gas and have ran my own business for around 8yrs over here, anyway all that being said I am more than aware that this doesn't really stand for much when going to another country that has different methods of work and different regulations etc.

From what I understand (however I might be wrong I'm pretty good at it) there might be some kind of change over course, TAFE keeps popping up and also I read something about working as a plumbers mate under supervision for around a year until you can then become licensed.

I would be grateful for any clarity on any of the above.

Thanks

Last edited by IamBatman; Jan 7th 2017 at 11:11 pm. Reason: General
Old Jan 7th 2017, 11:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What qualifications/courses?????

Originally Posted by IamBatman
Hi All,

I like many others am a plumbing/gas engineer looking to attempt the big move with my family, looking at Queensland to be more specific the reason I am posting again is some posts are quite dated and regulations and requirements change quiet a lot these days and would like some up to date info if possible.

I have plenty experience over in the U.K around 15yrs and i'm qualified in both domestic and commercial plumbing and gas and have ran my own business for around 8yrs over here, anyway all that being said I am more than aware that this doesn't really stand for much when going to another country that has different methods of work and different regulations etc.

From what I understand (however I might be wrong I'm pretty good at it) there might be some kind of change over course, TAFE keeps popping up and also I read something about working as a plumbers mate under supervision for around a year until you can then become licensed.

I would be grateful for any clarity on any of the above.

Thanks
There's a thread on the Oz site that may be of use to you http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...advice-875897/
Old Jan 8th 2017, 12:25 am
Just Joined

IamBatman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
There's a thread on the Oz site that may be of use to you http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...advice-875897/
Thank you so much that's exactly what I was looking for. I read that the other night but couldn't remember where i had been trying to find it on every forum since 🙈.

Thanks a million 👍🏻👌🏼
Old Jan 9th 2017, 1:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IamBatman
Thank you so much that's exactly what I was looking for. I read that the other night but couldn't remember where i had been trying to find it on every forum since 🙈.

Thanks a million 👍🏻👌🏼
You're very welcome, best of luck
Old Aug 19th 2017, 3:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loi_123
I also am interested in taking courses on plumbing construction. Done a lot of water repairs and water installation but also interested in learning more of it like for the proper terms and calls.
This is a thread about moving to Australia as a plumber. You have also posted in one about California. Work out which country you are moving to and find out what courses are relevant to that country rather than just looking at random ones.