Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

pipefitters working in oz?

pipefitters working in oz?

Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default pipefitters working in oz?

I am not a plumber but a pipefitter much the same but bigger pipes etc.
Anyway if and when i get granted my visa,and i am getting ready to move was wondering what would be the best place to head too and live.
I have two places i am interested in and thats western australia or queensland.
I have been like this for months and months now and i cant decide which one would be suit me,i have been to both places and i like them both.
I know as i have worked most of my working life in the oil and gas industry and offshore perth will be the better option.
But will it be the better option as in a place to stay,its isolated in wa compared to qld.
Do you guys know any forums on pipefitters,plumbers in oz who i could talk with about what they think about work etc.
I have been printing jobs out from both states over a few months and find they are both much the same as in work,but maybe this is just luck and not always the same.
Also i might not be seeing the full picture when it comes to what jobs are out there and how busy these states are.
Who knows by the time i do get over there the work may have dried up a little,but i dont mind if i have to do something else to get by.
But i just wanted an idea of what the best place would be,im single and only 35yrs old so having to travel to a job is no problem to start with.
But im sure as time went on and stuff might get sick of that.

How i will decide i have no idea,is there other pipefitters on here who are already over there and can you let me know what you think or are doing etc.