mechanical plumber

Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:15 pm
  #1  
aka DORIS
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: qld
Posts: 1,584
wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default mechanical plumber

hope someone can help I am trying to get a job in qld preferably and try to get some info regarding licenses.

Here in oz mechanical services and air con plumbing is taught under cert 3 in plumbing but plumbers board do not issue licences for this job

apparently you have to get licensed by BSA (building services authority) but they do not accept overseas qualifications so have to do RPL in cert 3 in engineering, but this course does not cover mechanical plumbing in detail

does anyone know anyone who does this job and what qualifications they have and licences i have rang everybody and nobody knows.

hubby does not do electrical or fridge we are currently in australia and getting nowhere fast.

can anyone help normally my threads on this subject get ignored so I am presuming no one else works in this profession he has been doing it 25 years and is extremely qualified and experienced in this work.

skill is on modl but getting info is nearly impossible I have spoke to TAFE who have no idea either

thanks
wardy2 is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:55 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: shaw,oldham
Posts: 78
timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
hope someone can help I am trying to get a job in qld preferably and try to get some info regarding licenses.

Here in oz mechanical services and air con plumbing is taught under cert 3 in plumbing but plumbers board do not issue licences for this job

apparently you have to get licensed by BSA (building services authority) but they do not accept overseas qualifications so have to do RPL in cert 3 in engineering, but this course does not cover mechanical plumbing in detail

does anyone know anyone who does this job and what qualifications they have and licences i have rang everybody and nobody knows.

hubby does not do electrical or fridge we are currently in australia and getting nowhere fast.

can anyone help normally my threads on this subject get ignored so I am presuming no one else works in this profession he has been doing it 25 years and is extremely qualified and experienced in this work.

skill is on modl but getting info is nearly impossible I have spoke to TAFE who have no idea either

thanks
just thought i would bump this thread,so here we go
timmins family is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:55 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 127
Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
hope someone can help I am trying to get a job in qld preferably and try to get some info regarding licenses.

Here in oz mechanical services and air con plumbing is taught under cert 3 in plumbing but plumbers board do not issue licences for this job

apparently you have to get licensed by BSA (building services authority) but they do not accept overseas qualifications so have to do RPL in cert 3 in engineering, but this course does not cover mechanical plumbing in detail

does anyone know anyone who does this job and what qualifications they have and licences i have rang everybody and nobody knows.

hubby does not do electrical or fridge we are currently in australia and getting nowhere fast.

can anyone help normally my threads on this subject get ignored so I am presuming no one else works in this profession he has been doing it 25 years and is extremely qualified and experienced in this work.

skill is on modl but getting info is nearly impossible I have spoke to TAFE who have no idea either

thanks
Hi Mate,
When you say Mechanical services, what exacatley doYOU MEAN HOT AND COLD WATER SERVICES?
Brigall is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:01 am
  #4  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 495
Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
hope someone can help I am trying to get a job in qld preferably and try to get some info regarding licenses.

Here in oz mechanical services and air con plumbing is taught under cert 3 in plumbing but plumbers board do not issue licences for this job

apparently you have to get licensed by BSA (building services authority) but they do not accept overseas qualifications so have to do RPL in cert 3 in engineering, but this course does not cover mechanical plumbing in detail

does anyone know anyone who does this job and what qualifications they have and licences i have rang everybody and nobody knows.

hubby does not do electrical or fridge we are currently in australia and getting nowhere fast.

can anyone help normally my threads on this subject get ignored so I am presuming no one else works in this profession he has been doing it 25 years and is extremely qualified and experienced in this work.

skill is on modl but getting info is nearly impossible I have spoke to TAFE who have no idea either

thanks
Have thought of applying for a fitters job in a large company,or even working for a company doing fitouts in new petrol stations.Plumbing licences can be a nightmare best of luck
Catch is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:40 pm
  #5  
aka DORIS
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: qld
Posts: 1,584
wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by Brigall View Post
Hi Mate,
When you say Mechanical services, what exacatley doYOU MEAN HOT AND COLD WATER SERVICES?
this is the job description from the immi site and basically this sums up what OH does



Installs, maintains and repairs piping, ducting and equipment for heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings or vessels.


Tasks Include:
fabricates and installs piping for steam, water and other services
installs small bore heating systems
installs ducting constructed from sheet materials for heating, ventilation and airconditioning (HVAC) systems and exhaust systems
assembles and installs fabricated components and equipment for mechanical services
assembles and installs machinery, air handling equipment and unitary air- conditioning equipment
installs flexible duct systems and air terminal devices
may install non-flammable medical gas systems
may carry out basic commissioning of air and water systems
may install thermal or acoustic insulation materials to ducting, piping or air handling equipment
may carry out leak testing of duct systems
may carry out maintenance of mechanical services and airconditioning equipment


all this is taught on certificate 3 in plumbing here but plumbing board does not issue licences for it.

so we are stuck, no one can help us.

IN uK he was classed as heating engineer or pipe fitter welder.
wardy2 is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:44 pm
  #6  
aka DORIS
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: qld
Posts: 1,584
wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Have thought of applying for a fitters job in a large company,or even working for a company doing fitouts in new petrol stations.Plumbing licences can be a nightmare best of luck

do you mean pipe "fitter" job when you refer to fitters job, where would I find such work I have looked at everything.

we are looking at the possibility of moving so that is not an issue could you point me in the direction of companies that may do fitouts for new petrol stations etc.

or any pipe fitter companies

all help is appreciated thank you
wardy2 is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:45 pm
  #7  
aka DORIS
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: qld
Posts: 1,584
wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by timmins family View Post
just thought i would bump this thread,so here we go
thank you
wardy2 is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:03 am
  #8  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 495
Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
do you mean pipe "fitter" job when you refer to fitters job, where would I find such work I have looked at everything.

we are looking at the possibility of moving so that is not an issue could you point me in the direction of companies that may do fitouts for new petrol stations etc.

or any pipe fitter companies

all help is appreciated thank you
Not pipe fitting,but a maintenance fitter in a factory,anything is worth applying for. hope you get something
Catch is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:05 am
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 26
UsLot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
this is the job description from the immi site and basically this sums up what OH does



Installs, maintains and repairs piping, ducting and equipment for heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings or vessels.


Tasks Include:
fabricates and installs piping for steam, water and other services
installs small bore heating systems
installs ducting constructed from sheet materials for heating, ventilation and airconditioning (HVAC) systems and exhaust systems
assembles and installs fabricated components and equipment for mechanical services
assembles and installs machinery, air handling equipment and unitary air- conditioning equipment
installs flexible duct systems and air terminal devices
may install non-flammable medical gas systems
may carry out basic commissioning of air and water systems
may install thermal or acoustic insulation materials to ducting, piping or air handling equipment
may carry out leak testing of duct systems
may carry out maintenance of mechanical services and airconditioning equipment


all this is taught on certificate 3 in plumbing here but plumbing board does not issue licences for it.

so we are stuck, no one can help us.

IN uK he was classed as heating engineer or pipe fitter welder.
Hi,

My partner is here under this trade, but he's a Duct installer! He doe's all the installing/fitting of the big stuff. There's not as much work as there was, but he's just managed to get with a big company. He has a list of companies, but they're all based here on the Gold Coast. I can ask him if he knows of any firms your way?

Mandy
UsLot is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:28 am
  #10  
aka DORIS
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: qld
Posts: 1,584
wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Hi mandy it doesnt have to be up here we have come to the conclusion we will have to move.


Is he licensed if yes who licensed him

was your visa for mechanical services and air con

thanks
wardy2 is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:27 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 26
UsLot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
Hi mandy it doesnt have to be up here we have come to the conclusion we will have to move.


Is he licensed if yes who licensed him

was your visa for mechanical services and air con

thanks
Hi
he doesnt need a licence, because he has nothing to do with the electrical /fridge or piping side of things. He just fabricates/installs sheet metal ducting from the unit. He says message us your number and he'll chat with your husband.

Mandy
UsLot is offline  
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:35 am
  #12  
aka DORIS
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: qld
Posts: 1,584
wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Hi Mandy I really appreciate the offer, unfortunately he doesn't do any sheet metal duct work installation.

He fabricates and intalls piping for air handling units and the like.

Dont suppose he knows anythiong about that does he,please say yes lol
wardy2 is offline  
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:44 pm
  #13  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 26
UsLot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mechanical plumber

Originally Posted by wardy2 View Post
Hi Mandy I really appreciate the offer, unfortunately he doesn't do any sheet metal duct work installation.

He fabricates and intalls piping for air handling units and the like.

Dont suppose he knows anythiong about that does he,please say yes lol

These might be worth a try?

http://www.hvac.com.au/pages/careers.asp
UsLot is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.