Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

hi..... dont know where to start

hi..... dont know where to start

Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

nickkayleigh36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi..... dont know where to start

Hi, we are looking into moving to new zealand hopefully in the next two years... currently finishing our expression of interest.

We're are a couple of 25 and 23 with two young boys 2 and 6.
My partner has been plumbing for the last 5 years and has the following :
nvq 2 and 3 plumbing
citb unvented
water regs
ACS gas domestic and appliances

(not sure what the above all means !!! )

Do you think these will be enough to qualify us enough points??

Also am i likely to be excepted as his spouse?

We are completely at the beginning of the whole process so any advice would be so appreciated!!

Thank you Kayleigh
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: hi..... dont know where to start

Kia Ora from a plumbers wife in New Zealand.

My partner has been plumbing for the last 5 years and has the following :
nvq 2 and 3 plumbing
citb unvented
water regs
ACS gas domestic and appliances
Yes. That is looking good. When the time comes , his very first port of call is to have the above assessed by the plumbing board of new zealand. PGDB. What he needs is for the PGDB assessment to come back and tell him the UK quals and work exp are good enough to allow him to sit the New Zealand PGDB registration assessment and exams. With that, he would be able to claim the 50 points for the trade skill plus the extra bonus points for it being on the long term shortage list.

Also am i likely to be excepted as his spouse?
Yes. He would be the main applicant. You would apply as his spouse under 'family'. The kids would also come in under his umbrella.
You will have to show and prove evidence of your permanent , enduring relationship with him.
No , kids aren't enough

I read that you are currently filling in your EOI. Be aware that if it is accepted and an ITA - Invitation to Apply is sent to you - then the clock starts ticking. You have xx amount of time to return the ITa and xx amount of time if you are granted Permanent Residency in which to activate the visas.

I'd suggest you pop on into the New Zealand forum for loads more info , help , pictures etc on New Zealand.

See you there.

BEVS