Getting plumbing licence

Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

rickogroves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting plumbing licence

Originally Posted by Pipkins
Hi Chris Notts Forest

Very interested to hear that you have got a sponsorship from a plumbing company in Brisbane. Can you give us some more information on how you got this??

I have completed and passed the plumbing VETASSESS and have applied for state nomination for QLD, before we can submit visa application. We are very clear now that the process could be a lot more expensive and complicated than we first thought, even though the plumbing and draining board in Queensland have said I should get a provisional licence based on the VETASSESS.

I reckon I will aim to go out and look for work prior to getting the whole family on a plane. Did you go out and hunt for work? Did they give you the impression they are busy at the moment? Do you reckon company sponsorship is a possibility or were you in the right place at the right time??

Any information would be gratefully received!

Mark
sdfdsfhsdhfsdh
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

rickogroves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: year working visa

hey there, does any one know if u have to go through the vetassess process if u are getting a year work visa to be a plumber in oz , i have all relevant english plumbing tickets and had planned on going out with my partner with a view to get sponsored by a company .just wondering if anyone has arrived in the country with english qualifications and sorted things out after settling in.
any advice from someone who has used this route into the country would be great , we spoke to some immigration people who said this is a common route to living in oz for alot of people who maybe dont have families and can easily move around and stuff.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

jillandsi will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Don't know anything about working hol visas or sponsorship for that matter but our visa was granted on my job rather than my husband's (plumber), so when we go over we are going to have to get him sorted without having gone through vetassess.

From what we have gathered you apply to the plumbers licensing board who sort you out with your license to work, though it seems that you get a provisional license first (where you work under supervision) you will then need to do a migrants course at TAFE (local college) where you prove that you know enough about Oz standards after that you will then get your full license and can work without supervision.

This info is only relevant to WA as that is where we are going, if you are planning to travel you will need to look up the info for the other states and you may have to apply separately to all of them.

Hope this helps

Jillian
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gasmark
Plumbers and Drainers Board
Postal address: PO Box 15027 City East, Queensland 4002
Telephone: +61 7 3235 4149
Fax: +61 7 3012 9826
Email: [email protected]
Hi Gasmark,I am currently in Sheffield and moving to Brisbane in october. My acops (corgi) etc is due for renewal in august would you be able to advise on the best course of action i.e renew in august or not bother and just wait till I get to Oz? Does it make any difference on aquiring my gas exams over there if my exams have expired over here? Any other info would be grately appreciated as your thread has been a great help and I take it you do gas LOL. Look forward to hearing from you thanks Phil
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KateandPhil
Hi Gasmark,I am currently in Sheffield and moving to Brisbane in october. My acops (corgi) etc is due for renewal in august would you be able to advise on the best course of action i.e renew in august or not bother and just wait till I get to Oz? Does it make any difference on aquiring my gas exams over there if my exams have expired over here? Any other info would be grately appreciated as your thread has been a great help and I take it you do gas LOL. Look forward to hearing from you thanks Phil
Do not know about Brisbane but in WA i was able to sit the gas exam/course due to having CORGI Certification.
Old May 13th 2009, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

emma2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - was reading through all of the threads regarding Plumbers, my fiance and I are wanting to go to Brisbane on a 1year working holiday visa and I know he needs to get a plumbers & drainers licence to be able to work there legally, but I dont know which form to fill in - does any one have a link to the correct one???

Also one more question will he find it difficult on a working holiday visa as he will have no transport of own tools??

Thanks - any help much appreciate