British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Plumbers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/)
-   -   A few plumbing pics for you! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/plumbers-119/few-plumbing-pics-you-489460/)

stu:0 Oct 25th 2007 10:31 am

A few plumbing pics for you!

3 Attachment(s)
Im a spark by trade but thought you plumbers out there might like to see the standard of plumbing your up against when you get out here.
Im up in Cairns and took these pics for me plumber mates back home.
If you can bend your pipes like this your in:p:rofl:

Brigall Oct 25th 2007 1:52 pm

Re: A few plumbing pics for you!

Same as you sparks by trade, however in the UK i had my own company carrying out electrical mechanical works, which emcompassed Electric's, Heating and Vent and Gas, I was NICEIC and CORGI registered with CORGI i had domestic and commercial tickets both natural gas and LPG.
I was required to attend a course for my gas licence over here similar to electical licence i had to jump through hoops, however because my training was not in plumbing i can not get a restriced plumbers licence.
After completing the course at TAFE and obtaining a gas licence I was asked if I would like a job teaching plumbers 2 days a week, how to install and repair gas hot water heaters. Yet I can not get a restricted plumbers licence!!!!!!
But a plumber can get a restriced electrical licence.

BEVS Nov 2nd 2007 2:56 am

Originally Posted by stu:0 (Post 5465887)
Im a spark by trade but thought you plumbers out there might like to see the standard of plumbing your up against when you get out here.

Where have we seen that before . Ah Yis ! New Zealand :lol:

E-T-V Feb 10th 2008 9:24 pm

Is this for real?
Your being made to jump through hoops of fire from what i can make out ,but some one can do carcussing that my 8yr old daughter would be ashamed of.
From what im reading is it worth giving up my job in the UK and tidy pension package and pride of workmanship?
some one help me see the light pleaseeeee

Catch Feb 16th 2008 11:48 am

the work may look a bit rough ,but all copper is brazed here,thus becomes softer so it will bend far easier ,any plumbers comming here thinking they are big shots will soon be brought down to earth,aus plumbers arnt too bothered about the appearance of pipework hidden in walls,but they are very keen on exposed multi storey stack work,ie blue glue with white pvc pipe and red cleaning agent,very hard to get a good clean joint,but they demand it,any plumbers who dont want to do it the aus way dont bother comming,not meaning to upset anyone but things are different here:thumbup:

ronnie98 Feb 19th 2008 6:43 pm

what is the plumbing license and how long to get them, im with corgi and napit, a bit like you but i did it the other way round ie plumbing first.
thanks Ronnie