Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Anyone passed VETASSESS and got their visa?

Anyone passed VETASSESS and got their visa?

Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Pipkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone passed VETASSESS and got their visa?

Hi There

We are new to this website and are wondering if anyone has passed the VETASSESS for plumbing and got a visa or are in Australia yet??

OH passed in July 08 and we are just waiting for state nomination from QLD. We are really worried about what will happen with work if we ever get to Oz as we have read loads of posts from people who seem to be earning a very low wage and have to go to college forever at a huge cost!

We know OH will need to do gap training (as it has been described to us) but are not sure what this will mean yet! We have had an email from QLD Plumbers and Drainers Board who say he will be eligible for a provisional licence based on VETASSESS.

Also, is it easier from one state to the next to get a full licence??

Look forward to hearing from any plumbers!!

Pipkins
Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone passed VETASSESS and got their visa?

hi this is the guy to talk to, "chris notts forest" he has just got back from qld, he went out on hols and secured a job, he has not done vettasses so is going out on a 457 visa i think, i passed in july the same as you, i submitted visa application in early sept, going skilled independant.
john
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Pipkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John - thanks for the information. Got a feeling you did your VETASSESS with me - 17th July, London? Where are you from? As I remember, one guy did the roofing option, the rest of us did general plumbing. I was in the last bay on the right at the beginning - were you next to me??

Where are you heading (Melbourne??)? Have you had any confirmation of receipt of your visa application yet? We are going for the 176 as we are 5 points short (I turned the big 40!!) so need state nomination. Hoping QLD will give it to us, if not need to rethink the options.

Would be interested to hear any more thoughts you have on the whole thing.

Mark
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi mate
yep thats me, the lad from south africa done the roofing option, 17 in london, glad you passed, a fair few failed from what ive seen, we are of to melbourne on a 175 visa, visa submitted in early sept,
john
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hi mate
yep thats me, the lad from south africa done the roofing option, 17 in london, glad you passed, a fair few failed from what ive seen, we are of to melbourne on a 175 visa, visa submitted in early sept,
john
Hi John, how's things? What changed your mind from Brisbane?

Simon.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hi mate
all goodwith me, just waiting for a c/o now, we changed our mind after a lot of thought and research, also the chance of free accomodation and use of a car when we gat there, also had some good possibilitys of work, anyway we will have a look and see what happens. hows things with you, did you do the test yet?
john
Old Nov 9th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hi mate
all goodwith me, just waiting for a c/o now, we changed our mind after a lot of thought and research, also the chance of free accomodation and use of a car when we gat there, also had some good possibilitys of work, anyway we will have a look and see what happens. hows things with you, did you do the test yet?
john
No test yet, everything up in the air at the minute. Good possibility of staying put. Received a good opportunity over here that I'm going to take. So i'll settle myself, for now anyway.......
Good luck.

Simon.