Would You Take a Vaccine?

Old Dec 9th 2020, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would You Take a Vaccine?

When the vaccines eventually turn up here. Would you take one?

Having traveled the World for 40+ years, I have been injected with goodness what multiple times in several different countries without a care. But here I am not too sure. About 10 years ago I was in a private hospital here just for a medical but saw something that worried me. A nurse took out of the fridge an all glass vial ( I had no idea what was in it ), she snapped the top off, inserted a needle and sucked up about half the contents and injected a patient, the glass vial with the remaining contents was covered with a plaster and placed in a draw, I could only assume for a second patient some time in the future.

Old Dec 9th 2020, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would You Take a Vaccine?

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
When the vaccines eventually turn up here. Would you take one?

Having traveled the World for 40+ years, I have been injected with goodness what multiple times in several different countries without a care. But here I am not too sure. About 10 years ago I was in a private hospital here just for a medical but saw something that worried me. A nurse took out of the fridge an all glass vial ( I had no idea what was in it ), she snapped the top off, inserted a needle and sucked up about half the contents and injected a patient, the glass vial with the remaining contents was covered with a plaster and placed in a draw, I could only assume for a second patient some time in the future.
If necessary I would but try to avoid if possible. I will be taking my covid jabs when I return to the UK at the end of May.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 4:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
If necessary I would but try to avoid if possible. I will be taking my covid jabs when I return to the UK at the end of May.
You might not be able to fly without the vaccination Gazza. A lot of airlines are already saying they'll only accept passengers for international flights if they can prove they've had the vaccine.

We're being issued with a 'vaccine passport' in Australia, but each country will probably have their own way of documenting it.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 4:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

And to add to the above, it’s not currently possible to pay for the jab. So if you’re not eligible for the NHS, you may not be able to get one in the UK anyway? Unless things change between now and then of course, and it’s then available privately to non-residents.
Old Dec 9th 2020, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And to add to the above, it’s not currently possible to pay for the jab. So if you’re not eligible for the NHS, you may not be able to get one in the UK anyway? Unless things change between now and then of course, and it’s then available privately to non-residents.
I'm still a UK resident, I'll be back in the Phils on the 2nd January so eligibility is no problem. I suspect the visa passport will only likely effect tourists, not returning citizens. Obviously a covid negative certificate may be required.
Old Dec 10th 2020, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice

Even though I'm here in Malaysia, I'd like to think this question is also applicable to various parts of the world.

I'd say YES, give me a shot. But...I'd prefer to wait a few weeks, just to see how the roll out goes, and if any additional adverse reactions show up.

Also, as a foreigner, will I even be offered a shot, or... is an extra VIP or Foreigner Tax required. Is this the Chinese, Russian, Western version ??? Is one better that another ???

I think there are still a few weeks/months to go before the roll out shows up in this part of the world.
Old Dec 10th 2020, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WiredTight
Even though I'm here in Malaysia, I'd like to think this question is also applicable to various parts of the world.

I'd say YES, give me a shot. But...I'd prefer to wait a few weeks, just to see how the roll out goes, and if any additional adverse reactions show up.

Also, as a foreigner, will I even be offered a shot, or... is an extra VIP or Foreigner Tax required. Is this the Chinese, Russian, Western version ??? Is one better that another ???

I think there are still a few weeks/months to go before the roll out shows up in this part of the world.
Just like you am I also located in Penang, Malaysia. I don't think that Malaysia will offer you a shot of the vaccine. The government has only secured vaccine doses sufficient to treat 20%~30% of the population, of which most will only become available in the second half of 2021. And the political leaders were quick to shout out loud "Malaysians first!". You know how they feel about the many foreigners who do the 3D jobs in Malaysia (dirty, dangerous, difficult)....
I think that your only hope will be if private hospitals will be able to buy the vaccine on the open market and then make it available to you at an inflated price. My guess is that this won't be possible even before the middle of 2021 as the vaccine producers will have their hands full in supplying all the governments around the globe. Only when those obligations have been handled sufficiently will they be willing to sell vaccine doses on the open market.
Old Dec 10th 2020, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Just like you am I also located in Penang, Malaysia. I don't think that Malaysia will offer you a shot of the vaccine. The government has only secured vaccine doses sufficient to treat 20%~30% of the population, of which most will only become available in the second half of 2021. And the political leaders were quick to shout out loud "Malaysians first!". You know how they feel about the many foreigners who do the 3D jobs in Malaysia (dirty, dangerous, difficult)....
I think that your only hope will be if private hospitals will be able to buy the vaccine on the open market and then make it available to you at an inflated price. My guess is that this won't be possible even before the middle of 2021 as the vaccine producers will have their hands full in supplying all the governments around the globe. Only when those obligations have been handled sufficiently will they be willing to sell vaccine doses on the open market.
Here in the UK we had a couple of allergic reactions on the first day of vaccinations. They are now saying that if you have any server allergies not to take the pfizer vacine.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the UK we had a couple of allergic reactions on the first day of vaccinations. They are now saying that if you have any server allergies not to take the pfizer vacine.
Yes, I read about the reaction to severe allergies.
I also read that this vaccine is only available in boxes of 975 doses, so you need to line up 975 people otherwise you will have spillage as you need to keep the stuff at such low temperatures. This affects how the vaccine can be administered logistically.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Yes, I read about the reaction to severe allergies.
I also read that this vaccine is only available in boxes of 975 doses, so you need to line up 975 people otherwise you will have spillage as you need to keep the stuff at such low temperatures. This affects how the vaccine can be administered logistically.
We have initially set up 70 centre in hospitals with the cold storage facilities.
Old Dec 11th 2020, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how long it will be before the Oxford University/Zeneca vaccine is approved. It poses significantly less logistical problems as I understand it can be stored between 2 to 8 Celsius .
Old Dec 11th 2020, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I wonder how long it will be before the Oxford University/Zeneca vaccine is approved. It poses significantly less logistical problems as I understand it can be stored between 2 to 8 Celsius .
I suspect it could be in the next week or two but I don't think we will see any vaccine until early in the new year. We have only ordered a comparatively small amount of the pfizer vaccine so I assume we are expecting the Oxford to do the heavy lifting. I believe we have something like 375 million doses of various vaccines on order but only need 120 million for home use. We do have various dependent territories to cover but I wonder if we are also donating a quantity to WHO to use in less wealthier countries
Old Dec 11th 2020, 11:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect it could be in the next week or two but I don't think we will see any vaccine until early in the new year. We have only ordered a comparatively small amount of the pfizer vaccine so I assume we are expecting the Oxford to do the heavy lifting. I believe we have something like 375 million doses of various vaccines on order but only need 120 million for home use. We do have various dependent territories to cover but I wonder if we are also donating a quantity to WHO to use in less wealthier countries
Is that the Royal 'we' Gazza?
Old Dec 11th 2020, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Is that the Royal 'we' Gazza?
"used in formal contexts for or by a royal person, or by a writer or editor, to refer to himself or herself."
Yes I guess it was.😊
Old Dec 11th 2020, 5:05 pm
Concierge

"used in formal contexts for or by a royal person, or by a writer or editor, to refer to himself or herself."
Yes I guess it was.😊
Oh bugger. I was hoping we had a real live King or Prince on BE. Although come to think of it I'd rather have a Gazza, royalty would expect special treatment and there's no chance of that around here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.