We Miss Northeners

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 11:36 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We Miss Northeners

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Where did you work in St Helens Dreamy? I worked at The Fleece Hotel in the spring/summer of 1983. Used to do a 50-60 hour week for 25 quid!!!!
I worked at Rayner Opticians on Bridge Street, from 1988-1990 (transferred there from the Aberystwyth branch when we moved back to Sankey). Because I was a "trainee Dispensing Optician" and thus Rayner were paying for my college tuition, I earned the princely sum of 4000GBP annually. I was also supposed to be under the eagle eye of a qualified DO, but the manager was never there so I had to do most of the dispensing myself.

I did like St Helens, the people were lovely, if blunt
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I worked at Rayner Opticians on Bridge Street, from 1988-1990 (transferred there from the Aberystwyth branch when we moved back to Sankey). Because I was a "trainee Dispensing Optician" and thus Rayner were paying for my college tuition, I earned the princely sum of 4000GBP annually. I was also supposed to be under the eagle eye of a qualified DO, but the manager was never there so I had to do most of the dispensing myself.

I did like St Helens, the people were lovely, if blunt
OMG I remember Rayner's. I didn't go there because my friend Elaine was an optician in Warrington, so I used to go to her. She has her own shop in North lakes, north of Brisbane now!

I was actually delighted to leave St Helens in 1992 dnd move to Burton-on-Trent. I've always thought of St Helens as being a dump and preferred going shopping in Warrington or Bolton!
Old Dec 4th 2019, 7:54 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Im getting E/Mail messages that I put something on this group.. its not me.. tommy.irene
Old Dec 4th 2019, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

A northerner came down our road earlier today, we threw rocks at him but we missed him as well.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 10:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Im getting E/Mail messages that I put something on this group.. its not me.. tommy.irene
Click on ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ located at the bottom and top left hand side of this page. That should sort it.