We Miss Northeners

Old Nov 30th 2019, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice
Default We Miss Northeners

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Billigamous?
Lol, you know what I meant

BTW I'm from Warrington where we have a song...
Well we hate Scousers and we hate Scousers
We hate Scousers & we hate Scounsers
We hate Scousers & we hate Scousers.... We are the Scousers... Haters

Edit to add context: This is normally sung whilst we're watching a Liverpool V Man U game...

Joke (Banter) at least 50% of my good UK mates are from "The Pool"

Have a word with your hubby & I guarantee he'll laugh & say "F'king Woolyback from Warrington

Last edited by N0rbett; Nov 30th 2019 at 2:31 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 2:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by N0rbett
Lol, you know what I meant

BTW I'm from Warrington where we have a song...
Well we hate Scousers and we hate Scousers
We hate Scousers & we hate Scounsers
We hate Scousers & we hate Scousers.... We are the Scousers... Haters

Edit to add context: This is normally sung whilst we're watching a Liverpool V Man U game...

Joke (Banter) at least 50% of my good UK mates are from "The Pool"

Have a word with your hubby & I guarantee he'll laugh & say "F'king Woolyback from Warrington
I've not long returned to Oz after living on Merseyside (New Brighton) for 3 years, so am well acquainted with Wools and football banter - love it Husband's from Bootle, so a true Scouser. I didn't know that Warrington people were Mancs though!!
Old Nov 30th 2019, 3:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Sip - Ha sip (50-50 as we say in Thailand)... All friendly banter have had many a good night out with my team winning/losing against LFC, though much better nights out on the toon when out with the Magpies (Newcastle) )

Warrington is a Rugby League town but is "Geo Split" between Manchester & Liverpool & when it comes to football & I'm Man U guy hence the banter (hope no offence, Tell hubby his team is playing exceptional this year )
I never take offence at banter, it's all good! I'll tell Scouse about your nice comment about the Reds when he wakes up, it's midnight here! ps you live on the wrong side of the geo split

pps sorry to take the thread off track P11, I'll shut up now
Old Nov 30th 2019, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Sip - Ha sip (50-50 as we say in Thailand)... All friendly banter have had many a good night out with my team winning/losing against LFC, though much better nights out on the toon when out with the Magpies (Newcastle) )

Warrington is a Rugby League town but is "Geo Split" between Manchester & Liverpool & when it comes to football, I'm Man U guy hence the banter (hope no offence, Tell hubby his team is playing exceptional this year )
Hubby is a Wooleyback, Runcorn born and bred. We lived in Chester for many years. Sister and family have lived in Warrington for almost 40 yrs. She was a teacher in Woolston. If people ask they say they are from Manchester.

Sorry to hijack your thread P11.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

N0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really niceN0rbett is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hubby is a Wooleyback, Runcorn born and bred. We lived in Chester for many years. Sister and family have lived in Warrington for almost 40 yrs. She was a teacher in Woolston. If people ask they say they are from Manchester.

I wish there was a "Like" button for that post...

I grew up in Orford but my house is in Woolston (Though I tell people Martinscroft, which it is) & now you're making me homesick...

It's a small world (& now I have that Disney song in my head at 5:33 in the morning )

Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

I've never thought of people from Warrington being from Manchester. As a St Helenser I always say it's between Liverpool and Manchester. But I'm not from Liverpool and I'm not from Manchester, I'm from the posh part of St Helens and people can locate it on a map. A mention of Pilkington's Glass, Triplex and Beecham's Powders sometimes helps them to locate it.

Apologies P11 from me too!
I'm glad you're out of this "marriage" but I think I would be inclined to report her to the authorities for bigamy. Not out of any sense of justice/revenge for yourself but to save another guy being put through what you've been through. She strikes me as being rather 'thick-skinned' and I think she will try and scam another poor guy if she gets the chance. A custodial sentence might concentrate her mind and at least keep her away from other potential victims for a while.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I've never thought of people from Warrington being from Manchester. As a St Helenser I always say it's between Liverpool and Manchester. But I'm not from Liverpool and I'm not from Manchester, I'm from the posh part of St Helens and people can locate it on a map. A mention of Pilkington's Glass, Triplex and Beecham's Powders sometimes helps them to locate it.

Apologies P11 from me too!
I'm glad you're out of this "marriage" but I think I would be inclined to report her to the authorities for bigamy. Not out of any sense of justice/revenge for yourself but to save another guy being put through what you've been through. She strikes me as being rather 'thick-skinned' and I think she will try and scam another poor guy if she gets the chance. A custodial sentence might concentrate her mind and at least keep her away from other potential victims for a while.
My house is 20 miles from Old Trafford & 21 miles from Anfield so I say mid-way between Liverpool & Manchester

Few of my friends are from Saint Helens (Close enough, Parr) & we call them WoolyBacks (Fake Scoucers)... No offence, just a bit of home banter a long way from home (lovely to meet you here)...

P11... I apologise if my previous comments came across as harsh, trust me I went through something like you went through (paid for her to go to school for 2 years, she got pregnant no guessing that I wasn't the father) so I feel like I've earned my "Scars" in the PI... The moment I knew there was something wrong was when her brother didn't pick me up from the airport & I didn't see him the whole trip, there are genuinely nice people in the Philippines & it turned out he couldn't face me knowing what was going on.

Bright side was it ended amicably save for a s$2,500, C100,000 PHP bill in an SG hospital bill (I paid direct to the hospital) when she collapsed because we broke up (by this time she was already married, had a kid, what did she expect!)

So apologise if I came across as "I know it all", what I intended to say is "I've been there, have the scars to prove it"....

Hope you're settling into your new life there... wish you all the best
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

My house is 20 miles from Old Trafford & 21 miles from Anfield so I say mid-way between Liverpool & Manchester

Few of my friends are from Saint Helens (Close enough, Parr) & we call them WoolyBacks (Fake Scoucers)... No offence, just a bit of home banter a long way from home (lovely to meet you here)...
I've been called a Woollyback in my time but my accent is very definitely Lancashire, though I can pass as a Scouser if I need to. I used to go swimming at Parr baths occasionally, but preferred the baths at Prescot, which were closer, me being from Eccleston. Hello to you to even if you do support ......no, I can't bring myself to type the lesser team from Manchester. CTID
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I've been called a Woollyback in my time but my accent is very definitely Lancashire, though I can pass as a Scouser if I need to. I used to go swimming at Parr baths occasionally, but preferred the baths at Prescot, which were closer, me being from Eccleston. Hello to you to even if you do support ......no, I can't bring myself to type the lesser team from Manchester. CTID
Your post brought a huge smile to my face - It's like being 8-9,000miles away from home has paid me a little visit

Where I'm from you are either a Manchester (United, City, Bolton) fan or a Liverpool (LFC, Everton, Tranmere) fan, there's no rivalry to me between Man U & Man C, in fact I've probably been to more games at Maine Road (Never been to the Ethiad Stadium, I left UK in 2006) than I have to Old Trafford - My old boss was a Man C nut (never forget the time they beat Man U 5:1 and he stuck the full page spread from the paper behind my desk... what could I say, he was my boss + 6ft 4 & built like a brick sh!t house) and used to drag me to the mid week games (we were working in Knutsford at the time so I'd go there from work & stay at his house).

Edit to add link http://mancitygifts.com/the-maine-ro...y-5-man-utd-1/
So many northerners in here (Oh & I was born in Lancashire, until they change the boundaries and I was put into Cheshire )

Apologies P11 for going off thread, I haven't chatted with so many people from my old world in so long....

Last edited by N0rbett; Dec 1st 2019 at 5:09 am. Reason: Edit to add Maine Road Massacre
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

N0rbett,
If you feel so homesick about the Northwest why don't you start your own thread?
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
N0rbett,
If you feel so homesick about the Northwest why don't you start your own thread?
I'm not so homesick (I go back 3-4 times a year & normally bus my parents out to SG for 1 month every Xmas, this year has been hard due to family problems so they've not managed to visit, but I was home for Mum's 70th (Jan) Brother's wedding (March) & surprise visit (June) so not too bad )

Somebody please start a "We Miss Northerners" thread & I'll be on it

Edit: Forgot, I was also there in September to visit my mates dad... Top night out at Bellevue

Last edited by N0rbett; Dec 1st 2019 at 5:46 am.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not so homesick (I go back 3-4 times a year & normally bus my parents out to SG for 1 month every Xmas, this year has been hard due to family problems so they've not managed to visit, but I was home for Mum's 70th (Jan) Brother's wedding (March) & surprise visit (June) so not too bad )

Somebody please start a "We Miss Northerners" thread & I'll be on it

Edit: Forgot, I was also there in September to visit my mates dad... Top night out at Bellevue
You could start it. You're the homesick one.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: We Miss Northeners

Thanks JG...

Now can we all agree that we hate scousers [Joke for the hard of hearing/understanding]... and love the true Red Devils [Man U]....

OMB [Oh my Buddha] I'd love to have a drink with you guys one day... mine is an SML with Ice ]
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Wollyback here as well! I was born in Peterborough but home for me is Preston..
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
Wollyback here as well! I was born in Peterborough but home for me is Preston..
Preston...that’s not wooleyback land though is it?

I used to visit Preston back in the 70’s...Grimsargh/Longridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.