VISA's

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA's

It depends on what visa you end up going for. The requirements vary. for example, we have the SRRV (Senior Retiree Residents visa) and needed both the NBI clearance here PLUS an ACRO UK clearance. The NBI DO NOT check with the UK.
If you marry a Filippina then you can change to a residents visa by marriage. In this case if you have been here for LESS than 6 months, then you need the UK Cert but if you have been here MORE than 6 months only the NBI is needed.

I suggest you just come here , extend your tourist visa and after the year decide if you want to stay. If you do then that is the time to investigate the various visas as doubtless the requirements will have changed!

as i said in an earlier posting - Come, have fun ,then make up your mind.
someone here will always be around to help.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha i wish i could just move there right now but i cant until after xmas. iv still got a small mortgage also my home need's a bloody good make over to get it fit enough for renting out, and id really need to save up more money first. iv got a trip booked for this september and i'll be having some serious chats etc with friends (locals) about my abode etc. thanks again for the visa advice. its cleared me thick head no end lol
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

"The NBI DO NOT check with the UK."

They do it through Interpol. They had the result in front of them when I returned. As a result of a clean record, they needed further information from myself. To prove I was, who I said I was.
Next return: no problem. The retired police officer was very sympathetic, with regard to Interpol's error.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I apologise!
i'd not heard about the interpol check but they still insisted we needed a UK Police clearance for our SRRV visa.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

we all learn something new everyday. it can only be a good thing. thanks to you gents im much wiser about things that were just confusing me.ta again
Old Jun 26th 2014, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

I think the rule is that they do this after six months. My residency was granted before they had ACR ID's.
I paid P300+ for my NBI clearance in 2003. It is I believe P415 or thereabouts now. There were so many small payments for various requirements, I forget how much each cost.
For any paperwork involving Manila, there is a fast track fee of P500 on top of everything else.

All I can say is: Don't have the same Christian name, and be the same age, as someone of interest to the UK police. It saves problems.
Luckily I had my original Birth Certificate, plus lots of other back-up. On top of which the NBI staff, couldn't have been more helpful. It only cost me a three day delay, in getting my clearance.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

thats good to know thanks.