Visa

Old Sep 2nd 2019, 10:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa

Hi,i am moving to the Philippines in December,to live with my partner,i understand that i have to apply for a visa to stay for good,what i am cofused about is the return air ticket or dont i need to bother with that,thanks Frank.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa

You will be arriving as a tourist. the airline will not let you board without a forwarding ticket it does not have to be a return. Not unusual to present a Manila to Kota kinabalu ticket dated within 30 days of your arrival to be be accepted. Very cheap. Then pay a small fee on arrival to extend your visa to 59 days.

You may wish to see if a return ticket is cheaper than a one way ticket before you start to try to be creative!
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikemike
You will be arriving as a tourist. the airline will not let you board without a forwarding ticket it does not have to be a return. Not unusual to present a Manila to Kota kinabalu ticket dated within 30 days of your arrival to be be accepted. Very cheap. Then pay a small fee on arrival to extend your visa to 59 days.

You may wish to see if a return ticket is cheaper than a one way ticket before you start to try to be creative!
if you book a return ticket to your country of origin, but don't make the return flight because you intend to stay in Philippines the airline will charge you as a 'no show' therefore you must inform them in good time when you land tthat you wont be on the return flight.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Hi,thanks guys for your advice.i dont need a visa to enter the country is that right thanks Frank.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank2
Hi,thanks guys for your advice.i dont need a visa to enter the country is that right thanks Frank.
No you will get a 30 day visa waiver. Before the 30 days are up, don't leave it to the last minute, you need to go to your nearest immigration to extend. Your first extension will be 29 days after which every two months up until 36 months in total. You then leave the country to somewhere nearby for a day then come back and start all over again. If in the meantime you get married you can convert to a spouse visa which means you can stay permanently without all of the faffing about.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

thanks Gazza-d,yes we are going to get married,thanks again Frank.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frank2
thanks Gazza-d,yes we are going to get married,thanks again Frank.
As you are looking to get married then suggest you get your visa extended on arrival, just ask immigration for the extension they will point you in the right direction
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

You may also consider buying an "onward ticket" from these people https://aironwardticket.com. The ticket costs $7 plus additional $3 if you want to specify the destination. It is valid for 36 hours, so plenty of time to get you through check in when boarding your flight for Manila. It is a genuine confirmed ticket which can be verified on the airline website. The process takes about 10 min, and is very simple.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by David Mashael
You may also consider buying an "onward ticket" from these people https://aironwardticket.com. The ticket costs $7 plus additional $3 if you want to specify the destination. It is valid for 36 hours, so plenty of time to get you through check in when boarding your flight for Manila. It is a genuine confirmed ticket which can be verified on the airline website. The process takes about 10 min, and is very simple.
I'm assuming the reason for getting that onward ticket is to save money by only having to book a one-way flight to Ph rather than a return? If so, its worth considering but is there a 100% guarantee that at the check in here in UK they will accept that ticket as proof that I'm not just staying in PH for longer than the 30 days without a visa, but will they not ask questions about my long term plans?
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Thanks Mike and David for your help,much appreciated,thankyou Frank.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
I'm assuming the reason for getting that onward ticket is to save money by only having to book a one-way flight to Ph rather than a return? If so, its worth considering but is there a 100% guarantee that at the check in here in UK they will accept that ticket as proof that I'm not just staying in PH for longer than the 30 days without a visa, but will they not ask questions about my long term plans?
you are NOT required to have a return flight. You ARE required to have a flight ticket out within the 30 day period of the visa starting. Nothing else is needed. This is a check in desk not an immigration desk, they could not care less where you stay, or if you leave after 24 hours instead of 30 days
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Visa

Originally Posted by mikemike
you are NOT required to have a return flight. You ARE required to have a flight ticket out within the 30 day period of the visa starting. Nothing else is needed. This is a check in desk not an immigration desk, they could not care less where you stay, or if you leave after 24 hours instead of 30 days
Makes sense, yes. Cheers.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
Makes sense, yes. Cheers.
It doesn't need to be within 30 days, any date will do.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
It doesn't need to be within 30 days, any date will do.
I'm thinking though about immigration at Manila airport who might ask me why I am flying to PH then leaving after only a few hours if I get one of those onward journey tickets that is apparently only valid for 36 hours?
Old Sep 4th 2019, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

all immigration officials anywhere in the world can ask any questions of any one they like entering the country. Being in transit is not an offence ''I stopped to say hi and the bye to some friends'', is not an illegal act

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.