University Town Catarman

Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Angel1403 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default University Town Catarman

Hello folks,

I have been chatting online and seeing on cam via Yahoo a really nice and friendly 25yo Philippino girl for 4 months now. I know there are lots of bad stories about guys being wripped off etc. However, money etc is never really mentioned etc.

Furthermore, the girl in question is just not the type. Anyway, I am sure we have falling in love. However, we would like to meet and of course spend some time together to see if our feelings are real etc.

I tried to get a Visa for her to enter the UK. However, it was declined
Because she recently start a nursing course at University and they said as she has no ties other than family they felt she would not return home. Which in fairness is likely, cause the idea was if we have real feelings then within the 6 months Visitor Visa we would have got married.

So fair to say we were both gutted by the refusal. At the moment the only way forward I can see is to get her a Fiance Visa. However, I will of course need to meet her first. Consequently, if anyone knows of a route available without me visiting first, as its difficult due to work etc I would be grateful for info?

Anyway, in relation to myself visiting University Town in Catarman, I have a few questions. First off is it safe for a lone guy to visit? Although once there my girl friend will be with me all the time. She wants me to stay in a Hostel which I believe is like a hotel there? Although I will go to the house to meet rest of family etc.

Or alternatively, do you think I would be safer or better experience to stay at a Hotel in Manila and have her join me there? Also I really hate to fly, so if I stay in Manila it means two less flights.

During the stay pictures of us will be taken of course and a ring provided

Sorry its such a long post.

Thanks for advice