Tv and Downloads

Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tv and Downloads

I suspect one we get fibre and it get hooked up to the samsung smart then it will be all good to go....probably in time for the next world cup!!
Old Jun 20th 2018, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raffin
Have just watched most of the Russia v Egypt game from the BBC. Using the BBC iPlayer there was regular buffering. With Firstonetv, medium quality, no buffering. A quite acceptable big screen picture.

Good find, P11!
I have found that the quality varies quite a bit. I was able to watch the the Korea match using the HD stream with very little buffering. The England match there was a lot of buffering. An alternative to the BBC or ITV, is Fox Sports 1 FSI on the US programming. Yes I know, but at least it's English commentary, well kind of.......
Old Jun 20th 2018, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Raffin,

Well I have tried it and found it good. I like how they give you a choice of quality which can be useful when the internet is a bit dodgy. Only downside is that I had to uninstall my Adblocker otherwise it would not work.

As I don't watch much UK TV, I have re-installed Adblocker and kept the site as a "favourite" just in case its needed later.

Come across another site for sports fans. CR7. Again, not tried it yet until England play next in the World Cup. Internet permitting...

Regards
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished watching Germany v Sweden. On ITV, but could get no video at all from their Hub (not unusual). Firstonetv was perfect first half, then it deteriorated, so went to the small screen of Firstrowsportes, the first two links showing German and Spanish broadcasts. Was able to finish the game on Firstrowsportes with no interruptions.

With a slow and inconsistent internet that's how it often goes.

Regarding CR7 you have to register and I would prefer not to do that. Will only try it if I am really desperate.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Could you get it on https://tvcatchup.com/

Never thought it would be on a terrestrial channel

I use the following streams.

https://www.vipbox.st/

Sky Sports Action Live Streaming - CricHD: Fifa World Cup 2018 Live Streaming

You just have to navigate past even more drop down ads
Old Jul 4th 2018, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Now England have scraped and scrapped through to the Quarters thought it might help some of you who want to start viewing but who, like me, have a dodgy internet service, to report on my viewing experience on the computer over the last week or so:

Needing VPN or DNS:
BBC iPlayer; worked sometimes
ITV Hub: worked just once
TV Catchup; never worked

Not needing VPN or DNS:
Firstone TV UK: Short ad to play at first. Streams worked well at first on "medium quality" then recently has had technical problems announced or doesn't work at all
Firstrowsportes: Minimal ads.Usually works although it packed up at halftime for England v Colombia. Small screen, but just sit nearer. It's often a Fox sports broadcast with a British main commentator and the assistant an American woman. Far better I think than the BBC and ITV ones, who to me are difficult to follow and make too many inane comments.
CricHD:Probably the best, with more than one Indian sports TV station to choose from if the one you're watching packs up, as one did last night. Downside is an annoying chatbox which you can't remove. Lots of mostly Indians and Pakistanis insulting each other. Most confusing last night as, at the same time as the football, England were getting hammered by India in a 20 over cricket game!
Old Jul 4th 2018, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Try

https://www.vipbox.st/

https://www.batmanstream.net/other-l...g-video-8.html Both have pop up ads that need takem out to get to the main pic, usually 4/5 ads to work past for each.

they have screen expander

VIp has a HD screen called ice, be patient is will come up once the ads are taken out, the picture and sound is great. does tend to go off line every now and then so reboot no doubt during a score. i get this when watching the rugby, funny how they seem to be able to anticipate! Very rare that i do not get one or the other or the one you use, there are two versions of that as well

Rugby Live Streaming | Sports4u, Football Live Streaming, NFL Live

For the rugby this is sneaky. i have to click on cricket which then shows a new drop down menu. select channel list and then the side bar showing the sport you want.

this one not so sneaky

last resort for good reason )

Mylivecricket.Tv | IPL 2018 Streaming | Live Cricket Streaming HD

i will try TVcatchup for the next england game as you say if your IP is no good then its frustration unless you have a local to go to. Not sure if the G point place in Tagatay is still open. Or if the union jack festival mall in Alabang is a good call the saphire lounge in westgate alabang just closed as well, smoking ban is biting
Old Feb 20th 2019, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

An update on the UK Telly free streaming issue. I'm now using a different broadband service from last year and while before I couldn't get it to work, I now find Hoxx works pretty well. So now I don't pay for any VPN or DNS service. The only thing it doesn't unblock is BBC Downloads. But from reading around this seems to be a problem even for many paid VPNs.

For live TV TV Catchup and TV Player are good alternatives to the BBC iPlayer. TV Player has a catchup service.

But if you don't want to bother with Hoxx or any other VPN the free offer of TV Mucho is also worth using. I think it's quite an impressive website and although it only gives you an hour of free viewing a day it has, in my opinion, a very well organized catchup service. They record a week of programmes which are in categories and it's therefore easy to find your programme. Perfect for me as BBC2's Newsnight is now my only regular BBC TV programme. None off that irritating BBC signing in.

If you want to watch mucho more it would only be 41 pounds annually to have unlimited time.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
An update on the UK Telly free streaming issue. I'm now using a different broadband service from last year and while before I couldn't get it to work, I now find Hoxx works pretty well. So now I don't pay for any VPN or DNS service. The only thing it doesn't unblock is BBC Downloads. But from reading around this seems to be a problem even for many paid VPNs.

For live TV TV Catchup and TV Player are good alternatives to the BBC iPlayer. TV Player has a catchup service.

But if you don't want to bother with Hoxx or any other VPN the free offer of TV Mucho is also worth using. I think it's quite an impressive website and although it only gives you an hour of free viewing a day it has, in my opinion, a very well organized catchup service. They record a week of programmes which are in categories and it's therefore easy to find your programme. Perfect for me as BBC2's Newsnight is now my only regular BBC TV programme. None off that irritating BBC signing in.

If you want to watch mucho more it would only be 41 pounds annually to have unlimited time.
Living out in the sticks there is no point trying to watch live TV as the broadband is so slow and is on in the middle of the night anyway. Nearly everything I want to watch is on youtube/dailymotion etc the next morning and if you are quick before the video is removed using Clipgrab ( and occasionally HOXX ) I get just about everything I want. Then I can watch it later at my leisure on my TV