Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Transferring money to Philippines from UK

Transferring money to Philippines from UK

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

anicicm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring money to Philippines from UK

I need to transfer a relatively large sum of money (greater than western union limits) to the Philippines.

Rather than doing multiple WU transfers and paying the fees each time. Does anyone know of a more cost effective way of transferring?

I did a bank transfer from my HSBC account to the recipients Bank of Philippine Islands account, I was charged a transfer fee of £25, plus the exchange rate costs and the BPI charged a seemingly arbitrary sum on receipt of the money.

Obviously I don't want to do that transfer again without knowing what I'll be charged at the Philippines end.

I was considering having the recipient open a HSBC account, apparently there are minimum deposits to open an account? Would they still charge on receipt?

Thanks for any answers!
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring money to Philippines from UK

why not ask BPI london see what they can do
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

zarobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transferring money to Philippines from UK

We use LBC to send money to either pick up at a branch or send to a bank card in Philippines(in my case, I use BPI bank account). You can send up to 40,000 GBP.
It's only 2.99 GBP per transaction.
Just if this would help.