Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Tracking your Standard visa application

Tracking your Standard visa application

Old Jun 30th 2017, 8:01 am
Just Joined

haille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tracking your Standard visa application

Hello! im new here and also wanted to ask if someone have tried to apply the Standard Visitor Visa under the new rule? i just have submitted my application a few days ago but i havent received any email or notifications about my application, is anyone have the same experience? im located at the Philippines.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tracking your Standard visa application

Sorry, but what visa for what country?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
Sorry, but what visa for what country?
Uk standard visitor visa
Old Jul 1st 2017, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haille
Uk standard visitor visa
Do you know if your documents were received? did you send them via courier?
Be aware that applications from the Philippines take some time as it is considered a high risk country by UKBP due to ease of obtaining forged documents. What passport do you hold as this can also affect the time it takes.

A few days is not long enough to question it , after a couple of weeks and knowing your documents were received then query it.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
Do you know if your documents were received? did you send them via courier?
Be aware that applications from the Philippines take some time as it is considered a high risk country by UKBP due to ease of obtaining forged documents. What passport do you hold as this can also affect the time it takes.

A few days is not long enough to question it , after a couple of weeks and knowing your documents were received then query it.
thanks for answering me i have a filipino passport. I dont know if they received it or not because i didnt received an email from them as well. I have read at some forum that they normally send a generic email but in my case i have not.. I guess i will just have to wait.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for answering me i have a filipino passport. I dont know if they received it or not because i didnt received an email from them as well. I have read at some forum that they normally send a generic email but in my case i have not.. I guess i will just have to wait.
Well, as a Filipino passport holder it may take some time.!
How did you send your application(hopefully not by regular Philpost!!) - where to and to which department? I assume it was to VFS Global as they manage all UK visas from the Philippines.https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/philippines/
you will need proof that it was received otherwise they can say they never got it and you would have to apply again!
I am not sure if they send any email to say documents received - I think they only email when they need more information.
Here is a step by step way to apply. Where are you in this sequence? How To Apply For A UK Tourist Visa For Philippine Passport Holders » Chasing Jayce I hope this helps you.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied and paid online for my Filipina wives visa. Documents submitted in person at VFS centre in Dubai. We received a sms on the day we submitted 20 June, to say the application was submitted to UKVI. We received a second sms exactly 7 days later together with an email, to advise that the visa was ready for collection at the VFS.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
We applied and paid online for my Filipina wives visa. Documents submitted in person at VFS centre in Dubai. We received a sms on the day we submitted 20 June, to say the application was submitted to UKVI. We received a second sms exactly 7 days later together with an email, to advise that the visa was ready for collection at the VFS.
That was great! I have a funny feeling that the OP has not gone through the "official" channels - VFS - to apply for a visa. As he has not responded to the where and who questions maybe he realises something is not right! I remember another Filipino who applied for a "job" in Wigan that promised a visa etc and sent all his documents etc to the so called employer and it turned out to be a scam , probably for identity fraud. Methinks this may be along similar lines.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 7:24 am
Just Joined

I submitted mine in person last june 28 morning. Unfortunately i didn't received anything email or text message from anyone regarding my application (standard tourist visa)
Old Jul 7th 2017, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

I submitted mine in person last june 28 morning. Unfortunately i didn't received anything email or text message from anyone regarding my application (standard tourist visa)
When you say you submitted in person, where did you submit it? Was it at a VFS?
Old Jul 7th 2017, 11:55 am
Just Joined

When you say you submitted in person, where did you submit it? Was it at a VFS?
I submit my application for ukvi in vfsglobal and i send all of my documents and application last june 28
Old Jul 7th 2017, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

I submit my application for ukvi in vfsglobal and i send all of my documents and application last june 28
You mean you submitted all your docs at VFS having made an online application and paid online also?? If that is the case, based on our own experience, I would have expected you to have had a text message that the application had been sent to UKVI. If I were you I would call VFS and ask for an update.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was very fast for your wife to get her visa approved.Congrats😊. Did you paid extra for priority processing?
Old Jul 15th 2017, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by diane1982
That was very fast for your wife to get her visa approved.Congrats😊. Did you paid extra for priority processing?
Hi Dianne, no not priority, standard service.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dianne, no not priority, standard service.
Maybe it really depends on which country you submitted the papers.Mine was submitted in Hong Kong July 10,and didn't got any confirmation that my papers has been received. Just paid Standard fee.Do you think your wife documents was forwarded to Sheffield right away? Coz here in Hong kong, papers will still be handed to Manila and then to Sheffied. Anyway I just have to wait😊.Congrats again😊

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.