A Tale of Two Tollways

Old Mar 12th 2023, 11:01 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,368
Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Tale of Two Tollways

Road building south of the NCR is on the up. Projects to reduce journey times across Cavite and from Cavite to Batangas are either partially completed or planned. Unfortunately many of the journeys will be to second weekend homes.

For Cavite to Batangas there has been a proposal from M V Pangalinan's Metro Pacific around for a while. Then up popped a proposal a few days ago from San Mig Corp, a shorter road, which then the Cavite governor made the preferred bid.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/mone...ressway/story/

Now this morning this statement from the government:

https://manilastandard.net/business/...s-tollways.htm

Crazy thinking that you can have two roads.

19th century in Britain and the USA railroads.



Raffin is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2023, 12:07 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gazza-d's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Suffolk UK
Posts: 1,180
Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Tale of Two Tollways

Originally Posted by Raffin
Road building south of the NCR is on the up. Projects to reduce journey times across Cavite and from Cavite to Batangas are either partially completed or planned. Unfortunately many of the journeys will be to second weekend homes.

For Cavite to Batangas there has been a proposal from M V Pangalinan's Metro Pacific around for a while. Then up popped a proposal a few days ago from San Mig Corp, a shorter road, which then the Cavite governor made the preferred bid.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/mone...ressway/story/

Now this morning this statement from the government:

https://manilastandard.net/business/...s-tollways.htm

Crazy thinking that you can have two roads.

19th century in Britain and the USA railroads.
Then you have the Skyway linking NLEX to SLEX, soon to open the NLEX SLEX link road. The new railway going up to Clark passes the new Bulacan airport but Sam mig is building a big skyway link to their new airport, no rail link because they don't own it. Linking easytrip RFID to autosweep, just one tag but still two separate accounts. No sharing here.
Gazza-d is offline  
Old Mar 12th 2023, 1:32 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,368
Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Tale of Two Tollways

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Then you have the Skyway linking NLEX to SLEX, soon to open the NLEX SLEX link road. The new railway going up to Clark passes the new Bulacan airport but Sam mig is building a big skyway link to their new airport, no rail link because they don't own it. Linking easytrip RFID to autosweep, just one tag but still two separate accounts. No sharing here.
Transport projects go better in the NCR and with its links to airports. Eg Good to have a choice between a Skyway trip and using a connector road. Not so good out here in Cavite. To talk of two toll roads running across Cavite to Batangas within a few kms of each other is ridiculous, unless the official concerned has never looked at a map of the area. Or it may be a salvo in a dispute with the Cavite governor, who just wants the cheaper San Mig road. These big conglomerates maybe tied to those in government.
There's a cavalier attitude here in upper Cavite to road projects Eg They don't secure all right of way agreements before starting construction, then end up being held to ransom by one landowner. This is happening now with the Cavite - Laguna Expressway (CALAX) near Silang. There's a Tagaytay bypass road also held up for the same reason.

Note: The link in my first post to the Manila Standard does not link to the article. Just do an ordinary search for the article title.
Raffin is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2023, 11:21 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,368
Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Tale of Two Tollways

Originally Posted by Raffin
Road building south of the NCR is on the up. Projects to reduce journey times across Cavite and from Cavite to Batangas are either partially completed or planned. Unfortunately many of the journeys will be to second weekend homes.

For Cavite to Batangas there has been a proposal from M V Pangalinan's Metro Pacific around for a while. Then up popped a proposal a few days ago from San Mig Corp, a shorter road, which then the Cavite governor made the preferred bid.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/mone...ressway/story/

Now this morning this statement from the government:

https://manilastandard.net/business/...s-tollways.htm

Crazy thinking that you can have two roads.

19th century in Britain and the USA railroads.
Well, earlier this month, as the Spice Girls sang...Two Became One...

https://www.rappler.com/business/mpt...n-expressways/

Two issues hang over. The first is that the CALAX interchange at Silang, Cavite is still the subject of a right of way dispute, first divulged late last year. No news about that in the video!

Then the route of the Cavite -Batangas Expressway must get tangled up with an uncompleted Tagaytay diversion road. A 4 lane highway with two sections open since 2020 but ending abruptly well before it can be called a diversion road, There is then a gap, then another completed section of about 1km, then a final longer gap. To be all connected before vehicles from Manila can bypass the often congested Tagaytay City. Again Rights of Way issues are to blame.

Now further complicated by the near presence of the new Cavite - Batangas. Expressway..Saying it will link many of the same towns that the diversion road claimed it would. Notice that no route details,map shown at the signing.

Anyway one isolated section of the diversion road is fully open for learner drivers to practice along!
Raffin is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2023, 12:10 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gazza-d's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Suffolk UK
Posts: 1,180
Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Tale of Two Tollways

Originally Posted by Raffin
Well, earlier this month, as the Spice Girls sang...Two Became One...

https://www.rappler.com/business/mpt...n-expressways/

Two issues hang over. The first is that the CALAX interchange at Silang, Cavite is still the subject of a right of way dispute, first divulged late last year. No news about that in the video!

Then the route of the Cavite -Batangas Expressway must get tangled up with an uncompleted Tagaytay diversion road. A 4 lane highway with two sections open since 2020 but ending abruptly well before it can be called a diversion road, There is then a gap, then another completed section of about 1km, then a final longer gap. To be all connected before vehicles from Manila can bypass the often congested Tagaytay City. Again Rights of Way issues are to blame.

Now further complicated by the near presence of the new Cavite - Batangas. Expressway..Saying it will link many of the same towns that the diversion road claimed it would. Notice that no route details,map shown at the signing.

Anyway one isolated section of the diversion road is fully open for learner drivers to practice along!
Obviously the Philippines doesn't have compulsory purchase laws like the UK. The same is happening here in Bataan, There is the main road through to Subic/Olongapo, running beside it is the SCTEX. They are now trying to build another road beside these two. Just no joined up thinking here.
Gazza-d is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2023, 12:45 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,368
Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Tale of Two Tollways

This recent Senate research document says there are "varied and inconsistent expropriation policies" and 'no clear compensation policy":

https://cpbrd.congress.gov.ph/images...cquisition.pdf

Seems that landowners hang out as long as possible to get as much as possible. The then new Sta Rosa - Tagaytay road some years ago had a rough uncompleted middle section for some time after opening
Raffin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.