SRRV Retirement Visa

Old Nov 30th 2019, 11:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV Retirement Visa

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
The wife picks up on pretty well all my witticisms, she lived in the UK for 30 years and is the only Filipina I know of with an Aberdonian accent.
Cruising for a bruising with the beer remark!

I don't know why I'm always a bit surprised when I hear someone speak in a seemingly random accent, such as your wife's Aberdonian accent. People are so mobile now, so it shouldn't surprise me at all. I couldn't help smiling when we were shopping in St Johns market in Liverpool though. A Sikh man (Indian, turban) was standing at the front of his stall. As we walked past he said to my husband in the purest scouse accent " 'ave a nose in 'ere kid, got some boss stuff"
Old Jan 14th 2020, 11:10 am
Just Joined

kevbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithg6nvc
hello
can any Expat Brit who is paid a state pension from UK
are you getting it paid tax free into your account ?
I ask because it looks to me it should be tax free as it is not classed as a government pension on www.gov.uk web pages .... I have searched and it is classed as
National Insurance Retirement Pension non government
can anyone who is collecting pension please advise
what is the case taxed or non taxed
cheers
keithg6nvc
Your UK state pension is tax free because it is well below the personal allowance. However - any private or occupational pension that takes you over the allowance WILL be taxed.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevbee
Your UK state pension is tax free because it is well below the personal allowance. However - any private or occupational pension that takes you over the allowance WILL be taxed.
I think he is asking if it will be taxed in the Philippines. the answer is No as at this time all pensions in the Philippines are tax exempt.

As for tax at source for your pensions that will be a local issue.at place of issuance
Old Feb 14th 2020, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
I think he is asking if it will be taxed in the Philippines. the answer is No as at this time all pensions in the Philippines are tax exempt.
By "all pensions" do you mean state pensions, from countries which have a tax treaty with the Philippines, or something broader than that?

I'm not retired yet, and likely won't be for many years. But having moved around a lot in my working life, I qualify for two modest state pensions, and have accumulated tax-sheltered savings in a 3rd country where the typical retirement strategy is to purchase a private pension. Are all of these tax-exempt in the Philippines?

I realise that my situation is atypical and might require expert advice. OTOH, I am not yet fully committed to retire in the Philippines. So I am asking here more for "links" than definitive advice, as to how the Philippines might tax me in future.

Old Feb 14th 2020, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
By "all pensions" do you mean state pensions, from countries which have a tax treaty with the Philippines, or something broader than that?

I'm not retired yet, and likely won't be for many years. But having moved around a lot in my working life, I qualify for two modest state pensions, and have accumulated tax-sheltered savings in a 3rd country where the typical retirement strategy is to purchase a private pension. Are all of these tax-exempt in the Philippines?

I realise that my situation is atypical and might require expert advice. OTOH, I am not yet fully committed to retire in the Philippines. So I am asking here more for "links" than definitive advice, as to how the Philippines might tax me in future.
I have 4 state pensions from Norway, Saudi, Australia and Sweden, all are tax free in both UK and here in the Philippines. My UK state pension is taxable in the UK but it does not breach the tax free allowance so that is zero tax. My investments like you are in a 3rd country and are not taxable in either the UK or here. I have registered as tax payer here ( BIR 1904 form for local TIN ) which all my pensions and investment company use as my tax responsible country. All overseas income is zero rated here.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

"Personal taxation: Basis – Resident citizens are taxed on worldwide income; resident aliens and nonresidents pay tax only on Philippine-source income. Foreign individuals may benefit from preferential tax treatment or may be exempt from income tax under an applicable tax treaty, subject to a confirmatory ruling from the BIR."

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/da...ights-2019.pdf

Old Jun 27th 2020, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what is happening to SRRV renewals?
Mine is coming due and I've emailed and phoned the PRA but no answer - well except for one email saying my query had been passed onto the Cebu office!
I've sent 4 chasers to the Cebu office manager but again no response. Tried phoning and no one picks up.
The Cebu office is closed of course and due to my age I'm confined to barracks.

Have the BOI agreed an extension? If not how the heck can I renew?
I've hung off contacting the BOI direct to avoid stirring anything up.

I cannot be the only one in this position.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Well as far as BI have posted so far, they have said that all visas and in my case BB will be attended to at the end of the GCQ. There is a 30 day grace period from when normal service is resumed so I guess that will apply to SRRV holders.
One can make an online appointment at BI Intramuros but no point as I am an old bugger and impossible to book a Grab.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV Retirement Visa during Corvid-19

Originally Posted by quiltman
Does anyone know what is happening to SRRV renewals? Mine is coming due and I've emailed and phoned the PRA but no answer - well except for one email saying my query had been passed onto the Cebu office! I've sent 4 chasers to the Cebu office manager but again no response. Tried phoning and no one picks up. The Cebu office is closed of course and due to my age I'm confined to barracks. Have the BOI agreed an extension? If not how the heck can I renew? I've hung off contacting the BOI direct to avoid stirring anything up. I cannot be the only one in this position.
I received the following e-mail from PRA on 31 March 2020 (shown in italics below). The e-mail clearly states that ID card renewal and payment of annual fees (highlighted in red) are suspended until further notice. My renewal was due on 01 May but based on their e-mail, I haven't taken any action. I haven't heard back from the PRA so I'd say no futher action required unitl I receive information to the contrary.

30 March 2020 To all SRRV holders and Accredited Marketers; Please be informed that pursuant to the 16 March 2020 issuance of the Office of the President re Memorandum Circular on Community Quarantine Over the Entire Luzon and Further Guidelines of the Management of the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation, the Philippine Retirement Authority Head and Satellite Offices are closed since 16 March 2020 until further notice, and until such time that the Enhanced Community Quarantine shall be lifted. While a “work from home” scheme has been adopted and implemented for support functions in Philippine Retirement Authority, we regret to inform you that the following services remain suspended until further notice;

· Acceptance of SRRV Applications
· Conversion of deposits
· Filing of all Accreditations;
· Marketer;

· Retirement Facility;
· Merchant Partner;
· Transfer of deposits
· Withdrawal of interest
· Withdrawal of Excess Deposit
· Discontinuance of SRRV Application
· SRRV ID card renewal
· Request for Re-deposit
· SRRV ID Replacement
· Payment of Annual Fees
· Re-Stamping
· Payment of Visitorial Fees
· Requests for Assistance
· Cancellation
· Requests for Certifications

We also regret to inform SRRV applicants whose applications remain pending that we cannot release your passports due to the compliance of PRA to the Enhanced Community Quarantine, rest assured that your passports are safe and secured. The same also applies the SRR Visa holders who have pending servicing transactions with PRA. .............

Old Jun 27th 2020, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
We also regret to inform SRRV applicants whose applications remain pending that we cannot release your passports due to the compliance of PRA to the Enhanced Community Quarantine, rest assured that your passports are safe and secured. The same also applies the SRR Visa holders who have pending servicing transactions with PRA. .............
It is a bit worrying that they still have peoples passports, as soon as the lock down was mentioned they should have returned all passports to the owners.
Old Jun 27th 2020, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
It is a bit worrying that they still have peoples passports, as soon as the lock down was mentioned they should have returned all passports to the owners.
Indeed; they tend to use logic with great economy.
Old Jun 29th 2020, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I never got this email but I did get a reply yesterday saying the same thing - suspended, you will not be classed as overstaying and there will be 30 days from removal of CGQ in which to renew.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Default PRA Open for SRRV Renewals

Despite the PRA insisting upon SRRV applicants providing phone numbers and e-mail addresses etc., they don’t seem to know how to use this data. Generally speaking, they seem unable to perform the most simple of tasks, i.e. sending out newsletters or notification of important memos. One is generally better informed through forums such as this one or by contacting other SRRV holders.

Purely by chance, my wife logged on to the PRA website today and came across the following attached memo dated 02 August, (3rd paragraph refers):

‘Retiree servicing-related contracts are temporarily suspended, except for the renewal of PRA ID cards.’

Are we really supposed to check the PRA website on a daily/ weekly basis to find these things out? One could be forgiven for thinking the PRA want to catch members out so that they can dish out a fine for non or late compliance.

Last edited by Feidlimid; Aug 16th 2020 at 4:27 pm. Reason: To adjust subject title to read 'Open' not 'pen' and to attach memo/ advisory.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: PRA Open for SRRV Renewals

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Despite the PRA insisting upon SRRV applicants providing phone numbers and e-mail addresses etc., they don’t seem to know how to use this data. Generally speaking, they seem unable to perform the most simple of tasks, i.e. sending out newsletters or notification of important memos. One is generally better informed through forums such as this one or by contacting other SRRV holders.

Purely by chance, my wife logged on to the PRA website today and came across the following attached memo dated 02 August, (3rd paragraph refers):

‘Retiree servicing-related contracts are temporarily suspended, except for the renewal of PRA ID cards.’

Are we really supposed to check the PRA website on a daily/ weekly basis to find these things out? One could be forgiven for thinking the PRA want to catch members out so that they can dish out a fine for non or late compliance.

Good luck getting them to answer an email.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

I have read today that the Philippines has suspended the SRRV Programme. Something to do with the great number of Chinese Nationals living here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.