Soon to take the plunge

Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by ellisiana
I have a correction to make regarding teacher qualification requirements at TutorABC.

The OP is quite correct when he states that teachers require a BA (or higher). My wife advised me that the Chinese government mandated in 2018 that all NEW teachers who will be teaching Chinese students should have that qualification. That only applies to teaching Chinese students so if your prospective company teaches nationals other than Chinese, then that restriction may not apply.

Sorry if my earlier post caused some confusion.

excellent response thank you
Old Sep 12th 2019, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ellisiana

Hi Crystal Dale. I have just joined this forum, but have been living here in Phils with my wife for about 5 years now.

Firstly, as others have pointed out, I would be wary about sending such a large amount of money in one go, especially at this time. For at least two reasons, large amounts can attract the attention of the Bureau of Internal Revenue. I recently transferred £10,000 for a house build we are doing. It was held up in Manila at the banks head office (BDO) while we had to jump through several hoops before it was released. We regularly send £5000 without trouble.
Second, the exchange rate is pretty poor at the moment, around 61 / £1. After the Brexit vote in 2016 it dropped to 58/£1. A little over a year ago we were getting 75. I would certainly wait until after Brexit before sending a large amount.

My wife teaches English online and is very lucrative. She did a two week online teacher training course which was quite straight forward and that is the only teaching qualification she has. Her English is excellent though and has a very confident personality so for her the the online interview was very straighforward. She now teaches Chinese and Japanese students through a Taiwan based company and earns arount 65k php/month net, for around 4 to 5 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week. She has been doing that for around 4 years now. Usually 2 hours in the morning and 2 or 3 hours in the evening. As a comparison, that is the equivalent of a full time middle managers income here in the Phils without the stress and travelling! The good thing is it is completely flexible hours. She can work as much or as little as she wants.
You do need a reliable internet connection though, which is a potential minefield and worthy of a topic on its own!

Good luck with your move.

Thanks for the advice/info on transferring cash to PH and for wishing me luck. Your wife certainly earns an impressive salary but for my wife I don't think teaching English is an option as she doesn't have the right personality etc that you mention and also she didn't want to take the IELTS test for fear of failure when we were discussing applying a spouse visa a few years ago.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

She doesn't want me to go there anymore because I delayed on transferring money when she asked me to but that was because I hadn't decided how much to put in her account initially. She criticised me for not helping her much financially over the period of our marriage and said that she wished she had got to know me first (we married on my third visit there) and got engaged on her insistence on my just my second time there. She managed to lose the wedding ring and said a relative was probably the person who went into her room and stole her engagement ring from a drawer. She didn't like wearing rings because apparently they make her finger itch but my exact same wedding ring doesn't?
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 3:20 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
She doesn't want me to go there anymore because I delayed on transferring money when she asked me to but that was because I hadn't decided how much to put in her account initially. She criticised me for not helping her much financially over the period of our marriage and said that she wished she had got to know me first (we married on my third visit there) and got engaged on her insistence on my just my second time there. She managed to lose the wedding ring and said a relative was probably the person who went into her room and stole her engagement ring from a drawer. She didn't like wearing rings because apparently they make her finger itch but my exact same wedding ring doesn't?
Oh dear - that doesn't sound too good CD.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Oh dear Do I detect another p11 comming up.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Crystal Dale has had a lucky escape.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thistlehollyberry
Sounds like Crystal Dale has had a lucky escape.
A very lucky escape indeed.
@Crystal Dale; methinks you jumped far too quickly for your own good into troublesome very deep, murky water. You've now been thrown a life-line. Now swim to safety as quickly as possible and never look back. The God's were smiling on you. Rejoyce!

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Sep 23rd 2019 at 6:32 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bestvue
Oh dear Do I detect another p11 comming up.
no I'm not another P11 because I'm not in PH and nobody there has anything on me
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
A very lucky escape indeed.
@Crystal Dale; methinks you jumped far too quickly for your own good into troublesome very deep, murky water. You've now been thrown a life-line. Now swim to safety as quickly as possible and never look back. The God's were smiling on you. Rejoyce!
she's the only person I've ever had feelings for but the girl I met disappeared somewhere so perhaps you're right
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

no I'm not another P11 because I'm not in PH and nobody there has anything on me
You were SO close to being another P11.

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thistlehollyberry
You were SO close to being another P11.
she has no family members who would come round regularly expecting hangouts if I was living there and I know it's easy to say but she wouldn't be able to keep anything secret from me . She probably did just want to find a British husband so she could leave PH but I know that if we'd been successful in getting her a visa , she would have been a good wife to me here and stayed loyal. I won't look for someone else (she's irreplaceable) as I've told her so lucky escape or not, I'm left with nobody at my side. No need for violins
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

she has no family members who would come round regularly expecting hangouts if I was living there and I know it's easy to say but she wouldn't be able to keep anything secret from me . She probably did just want to find a British husband so she could leave PH but I know that if we'd been successful in getting her a visa , she would have been a good wife to me here and stayed loyal. I won't look for someone else (she's irreplaceable) as I've told her so lucky escape or not, I'm left with nobody at my side. No need for violins
So many filipinas find an old boy to get them abroad then move on to better pastures. Don't ever count your chicken.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Another lonely heart seeks love from another country and realizes it’s not going to work out. CD does not state whether his initial contact with his wife was internet based, I would bet it was.
There seems to be a common denominator in all these hard luck stories, why seek romance from abroad when there are so many options in ones home country. Could inadequacy or lack of trying be the answer.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikek1
Another lonely heart seeks love from another country and realizes it’s not going to work out. CD does not state whether his initial contact with his wife was internet based, I would bet it was.
There seems to be a common denominator in all these hard luck stories, why seek romance from abroad when there are so many options in ones home country. Could inadequacy or lack of trying be the answer.
yrs me met online but I wasnt searching specifically for an Asian it's just that the free chat site with webcam that I was using had mostly Filipinos so perhaps it was inevitable that I would meet one but because she had a mother over here I didn't see it as a risk to get involved with someone from a poor country. I'm shy and lack condance so meeting via the internet was easier but also going to PH was an adventure and i didnt have anything to lose. We simply got screwed by the visa system .
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

yrs me met online but I wasnt searching specifically for an Asian it's just that the free chat site with webcam that I was using had mostly Filipinos so perhaps it was inevitable that I would meet one but because she had a mother over here I didn't see it as a risk to get involved with someone from a poor country. I'm shy and lack condance so meeting via the internet was easier but also going to PH was an adventure and i didnt have anything to lose. We simply got screwed by the visa system .
I'd say the visa system probably saved you. They all want to go to the UK until they arrive and realize that it's cold, lonely and they are stuck with the old geezer who got them the visa for the next 5-7 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.