Soon to take the plunge

Old Aug 29th 2019, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You got a lot to learn, bro.
Could not agree more. He needs to take some urgent advice from a certain forum member........P11
Old Aug 29th 2019, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikek1

Could not agree more. He needs to take some urgent advice from a certain forum member........P11
Life is a gamble but don't let somebody else hold the cards, and if you feel that your life is going nowhere then find somewhere for it to go wherever that might be.....?
Old Aug 29th 2019, 2:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
Life is a gamble but don't let somebody else hold the cards, and if you feel that your life is going nowhere then find somewhere for it to go wherever that might be.....?
I agree that nothing in life is a certainty (unless we're talking about the death and taxes thing!). Also agree about not letting anyone else hold the cards - please do have a good think about the advice others have given you re. maintaining control of your money. Most importantly, have a clear and workable exit plan for yourself if things don't turn out. Best of luck.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I agree that nothing in life is a certainty (unless we're talking about the death and taxes thing!). Also agree about not letting anyone else hold the cards - please do have a good think about the advice others have given you re. maintaining control of your money. Most importantly, have a clear and workable exit plan for yourself if things don't turn out. Best of luck.
Cheers. I'm not a rash person especially when it comes to money but I need to find ways for that cash to work for me otherwise what's the use in having it? I don't want to think about an exit plan because that's a negative, but at my age despite perhaps some of my posts, I know about the harsh realities and risk of failure buy we all only get one life (thank heavens). Btw if anyone reading this has a spare £190 then they should hop on over to Bitcoin trader and then thank me in a few days ....
Old Aug 29th 2019, 3:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to think about an exit plan because that's a negative
We'll have to agree to differ on that. 'Hope for the best, plan for the worst' beats 'leave it to the Universe' every time in my book.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
We'll have to agree to differ on that. 'Hope for the best, plan for the worst' beats 'leave it to the Universe' every time in my book.
A failure to plan is a plan to fail, but the only exit strategy that I can think of would be to have enough money in my bank to pay for a flight home. I'd rather try and fail than not try at all.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

A failure to plan is a plan to fail, but the only exit strategy that I can think of would be to have enough money in my bank to pay for a flight home. I'd rather try and fail than not try at all.
no one is saying don't try. What is being indicated is always have something in your pocket. You would be supprised how many hopefuls come to the Phils and finish up wanting to get back home but can't. Because like you they thought that eventuality would never happen. We also hope it will never happen to you. Nothing wrong with being a boyscout.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bestvue
no one is saying don't try. What is being indicated is always have something in your pocket. You would be supprised how many hopefuls come to the Phils and finish up wanting to get back home but can't. Because like you they thought that eventuality would never happen. We also hope it will never happen to you. Nothing wrong with being a boyscout.
thank you. Seems that I need to be a manscout.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Dale...

I have just come back from the bus terminal to see my wife off to travel to the big city to earn much needed money that we require. On the way back I always reflect on what has happened here since my arrival those 4 short years ago. I came here full of hope, dreams and a new life. That turned sour about 9 months ago and who do I blame? Myself. I was not assertive enough and failed to take complete control. But that sadly is not in my make-up and now we are paying the price.. Don't get me wrong, despite these financial problems I love my life here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. You will have a better start than me financially and you have been in a long term relationship whereas I came here with small savings which I lost in my divorce and I met my lovely lady after only knowing her for about one year on FB.
Thanks for wishing me good luck and taking the time to message me.
I've read some of your thread and it seems that your financial issues centre around the fact that your wife's family expected handouts from you because of the belief over there that every foreign guy has a bottomless pit of money. Fortunately, that won't be the case with me over there because there won't be anyone regularly knocking on our door which I know is an easy thing to say, but her mother and sister both live in UK and she very rarely sees any of her extended family. Anyway, I hope of course that things improve. Money issues are my biggest concern, which I suppose is obvious from my posts so far but I don't want to come back to UK having failed because going to PH is the only way we can be together, and to be honest I don't have much of a life here going forward.
You're right that being assertive and taking control is important and I guess that you learned the hard way but the fact that you are still in PH after 4 years, and that you got married and are still together shows that everything that you must have gone through didn't break your resolve and determination to make it over there.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 31st 2019 at 7:26 am. Reason: Splitting the thread
Old Aug 30th 2019, 5:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

because going to PH is the only way we can be together
Being curious so there is no requirement at all to answer.

Is there a reason why you would not go down the spouse visa route for her to be with you in the UK ? I know it is an arduous visa but with her family already emigrated to the UK it just seems logical.

Old Aug 30th 2019, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Being curious so there is no requirement at all to answer.

Is there a reason why you would not go down the spouse visa route for her to be with you in the UK ? I know it is an arduous visa but with her family already emigrated to the UK it just seems logical.
the spouse visa is very difficult to get and only about 60% of applications get approved
Old Aug 30th 2019, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

the spouse visa is very difficult to get and only about 60% of applications get approved
So reading between the lines you can't meet the financial requirements of the spouse visa.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
So reading between the lines you can't meet the financial requirements of the spouse visa.
yes but many applications get rejected for even the smallest mistake in the 84-page online form, or that the couple wasn't able to convince the home office here that they are a genuine couple. The British government have their immigration quota to consider also, when deciding to accept/reject a visa application into this country
Old Aug 30th 2019, 7:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

yes but many applications get rejected for even the smallest mistake in the 84-page online form, or that the couple wasn't able to convince the home office here that they are a genuine couple. The British government have their immigration quota to consider also, when deciding to accept/reject a visa application into this country
It is not quite like that to be honest . It is like all immigration applications. A tick box process at both ends. Long. Arduous. Meet the criteria. Supply the docs. It isn't just the UK that makes it rather tough. Quotas exist but not in that way to reject applications.

If you have not even considered this route but would like to explore the possibilities then ask away in the Moving Back to the UK Forum

I am not saying you should at all but don't be put off by the difficult stories. Take heart with the successful stories. Also . Her family have successfully emigrated to the UK so that all adds in.

Otherwise please ignore me and carry on. I was not meaning to guide in any direction. I was more curious.

Old Aug 30th 2019, 7:21 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
He said earlier he's got 60k gbp so why would there be any problem meeting the financial requirements? That's almost the exact same amount needed if you opt for the savings route.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.