Soon to take the plunge

Old Feb 18th 2020, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Not really, the bureaucrats could equally see it as proof that you really have been together for a period of time. Also, visitor visas are now in favour because they don't show up on the immigration stat's.
Old Feb 19th 2020, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good point Gazza - if someone's applies for a work visa for the UK they can apply at the same time to bring their spouse and children with them as dependents. So I guess they could also add dependents after they've received their own visa too. Only spouse and children though, no extended family.
It will cost you them a great deal of money need to earn 18600 just for spouse depending on number of kids it's about an extra 2-3k each one also required £1200 IHS (immigration health surcharge) fee per person TB test and the hubby will need to take a recognised English test (£150 in UK) oh and miss an I or don't cross a t they will deny application they seem to be in the habit of accepting 1 application and denying the other. It's a hard and very stressful experience
Old Feb 19th 2020, 8:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew_AJP
It will cost you them a great deal of money need to earn 18600 just for spouse depending on number of kids it's about an extra 2-3k each one also required £1200 IHS (immigration health surcharge) fee per person TB test and the hubby will need to take a recognised English test (£150 in UK) oh and miss an I or don't cross a t they will deny application they seem to be in the habit of accepting 1 application and denying the other. It's a hard and very stressful experience
That’s for a spouse visa, not a work visa which is what SofS and Gazza were talking about.

HTH.
Old Feb 19th 2020, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That’s for a spouse visa, not a work visa which is what SofS and Gazza were talking about.

HTH.
Good point Gazza - if someone's applies for a work visa for the UK they can apply at the same time to bring their spouse and children with them as dependents. So I guess they could also add dependents after they've received their own visa too. Only spouse and children

​​​​​​Sounds like spouse visa territory to me
Old Feb 19th 2020, 9:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Good point Gazza - if someone's applies for a work visa for the UK they can apply at the same time to bring their spouse and children with them as dependents. So I guess they could also add dependents after they've received their own visa too. Only spouse and children

​​​​​​Sounds like spouse visa territory to me
A UK citizen wouldn’t need to apply for “a work visa for the UK”.
Old Feb 19th 2020, 11:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

As Christmasoompa said, my quote that you replied to was talking about visas for foreign nationals to work in the UK.

I know the rules for obtaining a 'family of a settled person' (spouse) visa, as I've applied for and received one myself.