Soon to take the plunge

Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
but I'm British so have more of a right to a family life than she does. I'm being punished just for wanting to be with someone who happens to be an unskilled Asian.
Actually you don't. Sounds daft but true. Even so you as a British can sponsor any visitor. You have money to show the government they won't suffer financially. I also know several UK based Brits that have brought "fiancee" to the UK on a fiancee visa then married them and on the route (5 years) to ILR.
easy to say. But you have many many possible options. Just don't bury your head in the sand.
I like the idea of an Asian tour for you to see more of the world.
good luck anyway.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

no except I don't drink but even so I wouldnt want to go to a bar drowning my sorrows.
group cooking lessons, salsa and yoga.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

and volunteer work, keep fit classes, running/walking group - heaps of opportunities to meet people if we look around.b
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Climate change activism...
Old Sep 28th 2019, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bestvue
Actually you don't. Sounds daft but true. Even so you as a British can sponsor any visitor. You have money to show the government they won't suffer financially. I also know several UK based Brits that have brought "fiancee" to the UK on a fiancee visa then married them and on the route (5 years) to ILR.
easy to say. But you have many many possible options. Just don't bury your head in the sand.
I like the idea of an Asian tour for you to see more of the world.
good luck anyway.
we should have gone down the fiance visa route but she wanted marriage in PH and asap. I. remember we were sat in a mall on just my first visit there and she was already talking about marrying. I replied by saying that we have to get to know each other well first and it shouldn't be rushed into. Her reaction was to start crying. I should have studied the visa requirements rather than let her dictate matters but it's all water under the bridge now. However it still hurts and for as long as it hurts..... As for an Asian tour, I'd love to visit Japan, HK, mainland China and Thailand but not Bangkok. Anyone care to fund it....?
Old Sep 28th 2019, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expatrick
Climate change activism...
All Filipinos should get involved with climate change because unless something is done, PH is just going to get hotter.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 6:55 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

we should have gone down the fiance visa route but she wanted marriage in PH and asap. I. remember we were sat in a mall on just my first visit there and she was already talking about marrying. I replied by saying that we have to get to know each other well first and it shouldn't be rushed into. Her reaction was to start crying. I should have studied the visa requirements rather than let her dictate matters but it's all water under the bridge now. However it still hurts and for as long as it hurts..... As for an Asian tour, I'd love to visit Japan, HK, mainland China and Thailand but not Bangkok. Anyone care to fund it....?
Probably a good idea re Bangkok. Think you'll be eaten alive on so many levels.

BTW, none of my business really but since you're divulging, when she started crying wasn't that a massive red flag? Or even talking about marriage on the first trip.

Took me five years together, two minimes and nine years in country before I tied the knot.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 10:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

As a woman I get really angry when I see other women use tears as a form of emotional blackmail. You're obviously a nice bloke and a bit of a softy, they're qualities your partner should cherish in you instead of taking advantage.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 28th 2019 at 10:20 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

she probably will qualify for ILR as the NHS love overseas nurses because they save them money by already being trained. They've only been married since June but she'll be missing him more now that they're married.
I thought the UK government stopped that now, if you are on a work visa the time doesn't count towards citizenship.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I thought the UK government stopped that now, if you are on a work visa the time doesn't count towards citizenship.
Hmm, that's interesting if you are right?
Old Sep 29th 2019, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
As a woman I get really angry when I see other women use tears as a form of emotional blackmail. You're obviously a nice bloke and a bit of a softy, they're qualities your partner should cherish in you instead of taking advantage.
she wrote the gospel on emotional blackmail. Thanks for saying I'm a nice guy and yes she should have appreciated me more even though I couldn't get her over here. After all. I was the only person who went to PH to meet her as I'm sure she chatted to many other foreign guys online before me and maybe also since in the last couple of years or so
Old Sep 29th 2019, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Probably a good idea re Bangkok. Think you'll be eaten alive on so many levels.

BTW, none of my business really but since you're divulging, when she started crying wasn't that a massive red flag? Or even talking about marriage on the first trip.

Took me five years together, two minimes and nine years in country before I tied the knot.
Yes and friends warned me about being hasty but I didn't want to lose her and still don't. Love is blind.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:15 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and friends warned me about being hasty but I didn't want to lose her and still don't. Love is blind.
Or Cupid's stupid.......
Old Sep 30th 2019, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Bangkok is a great place to visit and to live. Great mix of modern and tradition, much cleaner than many European cities I know apart from presently air quality. Cost is more affordable than a trip to Japan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.