Soon to take the plunge

Old Sep 27th 2019, 4:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Think she may struggle with that spouse visa , although if she has ILR, maybe she can. I'm not sure.

Family members, she should take a good long look at the rules there. Methinks no chance.
Yes, she needs to have British citizenship or ILR, or in some instances be in the UK on a refugee or humanitarian visa.

Practically no chance re family members, they'd need to qualify for a work visa in their own right and they're not easy to get, or a study visa and they're only valid for the time the course runs, up to 2 years maximum.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 27th 2019 at 4:36 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of the nurses in my area have their spouse with them so unless thing have changed.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Loads of the nurses in my area have their spouse with them so unless thing have changed.
Good point Gazza - if someone's applies for a work visa for the UK they can apply at the same time to bring their spouse and children with them as dependents. So I guess they could also add dependents after they've received their own visa too. Only spouse and children though, no extended family.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
To change the subject completely, my wife's sister got married in PH this June to a soldier in the PH army. She's a nurse here in Uk. Apparently, they have to wait 6 mths for a marriage certificate (according to my wife) then her plan is to apply for a spouse visa even though she's not yet a British citizen, and to also get some of his family members here.
The nurse has been here between 3-4 years and doesn't plan to move back to PH unless I suppose she can't ever get him over here.
When I got married in 2011 I was in PH just 3 weeks for the whole process and was given a certified copy of the marriage certificate before flying home but it seems things are different know?
I suppose the difference is that you are a foreigner.
Home office will be much more careful with a Brit bringing in a Filipina he hardly knows than a Filipina bringing in her Filipino husband.
Whether rules have changed you can find on home office website no doubt.

Old Sep 28th 2019, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Why are you so insecure? Asian girls will exploit this.
being single all my life and only getting someone interested in me because I could possibly give them a better life over here is the reason why I'm insecure.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

being single all my life and only getting someone interested in me because I could possibly give them a better life over here is the reason why I'm insecure.
I dare say that going for an Asian girl who doesn't have your level of education or a career, you have a great chance to end up with a "gold digger". A foreigner is the way for a better life for them.
"Over here" I guess is UK. Surely you should be able to find a partner/wife who wants a companion and not just a money supplier. Most women nowadays have a career and are independent. Or may be you mix in the wrong circles? Join a club, sports, dancing, reading or whatever, go on a group tour to somewhere you want to see. You will meet single ladies. This is what I would recommend to my son if I had one.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:21 pm
Concierge

You deserve better. Aim higher.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You deserve better. Aim higher.
Thanks and maybe I do
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
I dare say that going for an Asian girl who doesn't have your level of education or a career, you have a great chance to end up with a "gold digger". A foreigner is the way for a better life for them.
"Over here" I guess is UK. Surely you should be able to find a partner/wife who wants a companion and not just a money supplier. Most women nowadays have a career and are independent. Or may be you mix in the wrong circles? Join a club, sports, dancing, reading or whatever, go on a group tour to somewhere you want to see. You will meet single ladies. This is what I would recommend to my son if I had one.
I wouldn't call her a gold digger and I didn't think that I was foolish to get involved with an Asian and from a poor background but looking back now and with the knowledge I've acquired, it's fair to say I was naive but it was such an exciting opportunity to be with someone from a different culture. Yes, I need to move on and try meet an honest lady over here. Joining clubs can help with that, you're right.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't call her a gold digger and I didn't think that I was foolish to get involved with an Asian and from a poor background but looking back now and with the knowledge I've acquired, it's fair to say I was naive but it was such an exciting opportunity to be with someone from a different culture. Yes, I need to move on and try meet an honest lady over here. Joining clubs can help with that, you're right.
Call me old fashioned but is there anything wrong with just going out getting drunk and talking to people in a bar club etc. You might surprise yourself.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Thanks and maybe I do
Old Sep 28th 2019, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I don't have a grudge against my wife's sister , who I call Florence, but is it right that she gets her husband here (If she ever manages it) yet me as a British citizen can't get my wife....? Florence obviously worked hard to get a nursing qualifications and be accepted by the NHS but I'm British so have more of a right to a family life than she does. I'm being punished just for wanting to be with someone who happens to be an unskilled Asian.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a grudge against my wife's sister , who I call Florence, but is it right that she gets her husband here (If she ever manages it) yet me as a British citizen can't get my wife....? Florence obviously worked hard to get a nursing qualifications and be accepted by the NHS but I'm British so have more of a right to a family life than she does. I'm being punished just for wanting to be with someone who happens to be an unskilled Asian.
You, as a Biritish citizen, could sponsor your wife to join you and stay permanently, if you metthe requirements.
Florence could not sponsor her husband to stay permanently, unless she is already ILR or a citizen

If Florence is just in the UK on a work visa her husband can only join her and stay while that lasts
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You, as a Biritish citizen, could sponsor your wife to join you and stay permanently, if you metthe requirements.
Florence could not sponsor her husband to stay permanently, unless she is already ILR or a citizen

If Florence is just in the UK on a work visa her husband can only join her and stay while that lasts
she probably will qualify for ILR as the NHS love overseas nurses because they save them money by already being trained. They've only been married since June but she'll be missing him more now that they're married.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Call me old fashioned but is there anything wrong with just going out getting drunk and talking to people in a bar club etc. You might surprise yourself.
no except I don't drink but even so I wouldnt want to go to a bar drowning my sorrows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.