Soon to take the plunge

Old Aug 30th 2019, 7:38 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
Thanks for wishing me good luck and taking the time to message me.
I've read some of your thread and it seems that your financial issues centre around the fact that your wife's family expected handouts from you because of the belief over there that every foreign guy has a bottomless pit of money. Fortunately, that won't be the case with me over there because there won't be anyone regularly knocking on our door which I know is an easy thing to say, but her mother and sister both live in UK and she very rarely sees any of her extended family. Anyway, I hope of course that things improve. Money issues are my biggest concern, which I suppose is obvious from my posts so far but I don't want to come back to UK having failed because going to PH is the only way we can be together, and to be honest I don't have much of a life here going forward.
You're right that being assertive and taking control is important and I guess that you learned the hard way but the fact that you are still in PH after 4 years, and that you got married and are still together shows that everything that you must have gone through didn't break your resolve and determination to make it over there.
Don't forget all the lies.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
He said earlier he's got 60k gbp so why would there be any problem meeting the financial requirements? That's almost the exact same amount needed if you opt for the savings route.
it's only more recently that the UKBA were forced by the Supreme court over here to accept an applicants savings as proof of being able to support their foreign spouse. Originally, when the spouse visa requirements were made much more challenging by the then Home Secretary, Theresa May back in 2012 only a salary of £18,600 per annum was sufficient to meet the financial demands of the visa. That £60k is a gift from parents to support us when I go there. I know it's being negative, but there are many reasons why I don't believe we would get accepted for the visa after all this time, aside from financial. One of them being she doesn't want to take the IELTS even though it's necessary.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

Thought I would clarify and answer a few points...

CD. ******** it seems that your financial issues centre around the fact that your wife's family expected handouts from you******* With respect that is not true. I think most of us here know that it is the norm to help our partners family, indeed I have heard it said that marry a Filipina and you also marry the family. I have no problem with that and I have been paying 5k a month for their rent for some time. My financial problems come with my wifes business debts and I am struggling to pay 19k interest pm and cannot even start to touch the capital owed. Previous to that I have cleared her 200k putting myself into debt in the process. This is why she has taken a job to help resolve the situation.

< .Admin snip as off topic posts moved to new thread in TIO. One can fund the original comments there. Thanks . >

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 31st 2019 at 7:32 am. Reason: Snip to subject matter.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Greetings!

Thought I would clarify and answer a few points...

CD. ******** it seems that your financial issues centre around the fact that your wife's family expected handouts from you******* With respect that is not true. I think most of us here know that it is the norm to help our partners family, indeed I have heard it said that marry a Filipina and you also marry the family. I have no problem with that and I have been paying 5k a month for their rent for some time. My financial problems come with my wifes business debts and I am struggling to pay 19k interest pm and cannot even start to touch the capital owed. Previous to that I have cleared her 200k putting myself into debt in the process. This is why she has taken a job to help resolve the situation.
Thank Goodness my wife doesn't have any such debts, business or otherwise nor does she get asked for financial help by any family members. Maybe though because I'm not yet living over there with her, I can say that I'm the exception to the rule of what you say about marrying a Filipina is also like marrying her family.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 12:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

it's only more recently that the UKBA were forced by the Supreme court over here to accept an applicants savings as proof of being able to support their foreign spouse. Originally, when the spouse visa requirements were made much more challenging by the then Home Secretary, Theresa May back in 2012 only a salary of £18,600 per annum was sufficient to meet the financial demands of the visa.
Not quite correct. The immigration rules introduced on 9 July 2012 had a number of methods to meet the financial requirement, for a spouse visa without children two of those methods were (and remain) a guaranteed annual income of at least £18,600 or cash savings of £62,500.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not quite correct. The immigration rules introduced on 9 July 2012 had a number of methods to meet the financial requirement, for a spouse visa without children two of those methods were (and remain) a guaranteed annual income of at least £18,600 or cash savings of £62,500.
aside from the unobtainable income threshold (for most people), if savings are used to meet the financial requirements but can't be provided by the applicant they have to come from immediate family but that wasn't the case back in 2012. Any way, for the sake of argument I feel it's too high a risk to apply now after so long due to cost of the visa itself, the health surcharge (£2000) , immigration lawyers fee, proving we're still a genuine couple even though I've not seen her in 4 years and her belief she'd fail the IELTS.
Old Aug 30th 2019, 12:52 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

aside from the unobtainable income threshold (for most people), if savings are used to meet the financial requirements but can't be provided by the applicant they have to come from immediate family but that wasn't the case back in 2012. Any way, for the sake of argument I feel it's too high a risk to apply now after so long due to cost of the visa itself, the health surcharge (£2000) , immigration lawyers fee, proving we're still a genuine couple even though I've not seen her in 4 years and her belief she'd fail the IELTS.
Your reasons for applying/not applying for a spouse visa are your own. I was just correcting your statement regarding the £62,500 cash saving route not be available when the immigration rules changed in 2012. We're an immigration forum so we like immigration information to be correct
Old Aug 31st 2019, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

those who want to debate what is being discussed on this thread now, perhaps should open a new thread on the subject
Old Aug 31st 2019, 7:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

those who want to debate what is being discussed on this thread now, perhaps should open a new thread on the subject
No problem.

The posts in question have been moved to this new thread.

Old Aug 31st 2019, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Goodness my wife doesn't have any such debts, business or otherwise nor does she get asked for financial help by any family members. Maybe though because I'm not yet living over there with her, I can say that I'm the exception to the rule of what you say about marrying a Filipina is also like marrying her family.
everyone thinks they are the exception and thinking you’re the exception inevitably makes you the rule.
Old Aug 31st 2019, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

That just means your wife has been an effective buffer between you and the family.
Old Aug 31st 2019, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
No problem.

The posts in question have been moved to this new thread.
thanks
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
That just means your wife has been an effective buffer between you and the family.
that's not how I see it
Old Aug 31st 2019, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

that's not how I see it
And that's obvious. Our wives can be very effective filters between us and their families and we'll never know.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

If Filipinos just live for today How can they plan for tomorrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.