Is it a scam or genuine?

Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it a scam or genuine?

Reminds me of the old saying...I wonder what the young girl sees in the rich old man. Of course the OP is not old and may not be rich...but to her he is rich...just like P11.

Honestly these woman post pic after pic of themselves posing like hookers and men fall for them all the time.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 12th 2020 at 8:53 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

The OP stayed that he is 31
Old Mar 12th 2020, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
The OP stayed that he is 31
Thanks I skimmed over that.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Some pretty jaded attitudes being expressed here. The only way the OP will find out is with boots on the ground. She may or may not be a keeper, the only way to find out is to visit her.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

Bobsnoturuncle is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update. I still haven't heard from her after asking questions a few days ago. I can see that she has read the messages though.

As for her whether she is a teacher or not. I believe she is as she has sent photos and videos of marking spreadsheets which appears to list her pupils names and their marks.

all that talk about financial independence and continually missing video chats is what concerns me the most.

Last edited by Bobsnoturuncle; Mar 12th 2020 at 11:42 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobsnoturuncle
Just a quick update. I still haven't heard from her after asking questions a few days ago. I can see that she has read the messages though.

As for her whether she is a teacher or not. I believe she is as she has sent photos and videos of marking spreadsheets which appears to list her pupils names and their marks.

all that talk about financial independence and continually missing video chats is what concerns me the most.
I don't know where she lives but if the electricity and broadband service is anything like my area, if I need to Skype anyone I always give a broad window and never a specific time as you can bet 5 minutes before that time the power goes out.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Soooo, as to "is it a scam or genuine"?: nobody but you will be able to tell in the end, whatever advice you get on this forum.

Especially because you're actually on Option 3, with someone who skated over critical details when first getting to know you, but in the end *may* be being honest about *all* of her more recent circumstances (exes, kids, debts, family obligations), and about her reasons for being with you. There will need to be "come-to-Jesus" conversation for you both about all of those things.

If you and she come through that conversation still together, you might well have solid marriage material as a result. I've seen it work out sometimes, after that, and even quite well. But the opposite case is unfortunately more common.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to me best way to do this is book yourself a holiday, about the child well plenty of people all over the world men as well as women don't always bring up whether or not the have kids" straight" away, if she has been on a dating site then having kids can either put prospective partners off or be a target for a predator.....

As for wanting a secure and financially secure future, who doesn't you can't eat dreams and given how scarce steady work can be in Philippines....and teaching isn't that well paid over there and as already pointed out brownouts are common enough out there

As for vague answers seems to be the norm I can't even get out of the wife what she wants for tea! look at latest posts on P11 thread regarding lawyer etc

Keep an open mind and don't be too suspicious about motives it will just kill it.

Main thing is if you like her and want to know more get across have a couple of holidays
Old Mar 14th 2020, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Believe nothing until you have visited and seen for yourself. As said before Cebu is a great place for a vacation. (When present conditions allow) until then give the benefit of doubt and allow the relationship to develop or not. Don't be in a hurry. Plenty of fish in the sea.
good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Bobsnoturuncle is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update. We are still in contact but not as regularly as before. We haven't video chatted for a while as her and her son are ill and she is rightly focusing on herself and her son. She has said that I will meet her son on video chat soon though. I am talking to another Filipina but the issues there will be addressed in a future post as it doesn't relate to this thread.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the only person being scammed is her then
lack of self awareness in your comment is staggering
Old Apr 9th 2020, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Bro, if you're 31 don't waste your time with her and all that baggage. Wait until you're 60 and have no other options or means to bang young women.

Remember, she can't cook.

Old Apr 9th 2020, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

jaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond reputejaygee68 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Bro, if you're 31 don't waste your time with her and all that baggage. Wait until you're 60 and have no other options or means to bang young women.

Remember, she can't cook.
Wise words from Millhouse.You should be looking for college girls.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 10:10 am
Just Joined

FreeToChat is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are all these dilemmas? All you have is a pen pal, who you wish to have a romantic relationship with. The only way to understand is to go to the Philippines. Then you may be lucky to find a partner, but nothing is certain. Unless you understand the Filipina mindset you are destined for a fall. They do not have concerns about age, but they do have concerns about financial stability. Some prefer foreigners, because often Filipino men/boys are unreliable and unstable. Many single mothers will tell you the stories of the runaway fathers of their children. Understand the term 'obligation'. Children are brainwashed from an early age that their responsibility is to work and provide financial support for the family. More often than not, it is the female children who do this, often supporting brothers as well. They are masters of applying 'guilt' to get what they want, financially. Only when you have worked your way through all of this, and more, will you find a genuine partner who wants a mutual relationship.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FreeToChat
Why are all these dilemmas? All you have is a pen pal, who you wish to have a romantic relationship with. The only way to understand is to go to the Philippines. Then you may be lucky to find a partner, but nothing is certain. Unless you understand the Filipina mindset you are destined for a fall. They do not have concerns about age, but they do have concerns about financial stability. Some prefer foreigners, because often Filipino men/boys are unreliable and unstable. Many single mothers will tell you the stories of the runaway fathers of their children. Understand the term 'obligation'. Children are brainwashed from an early age that their responsibility is to work and provide financial support for the family. More often than not, it is the female children who do this, often supporting brothers as well. They are masters of applying 'guilt' to get what they want, financially. Only when you have worked your way through all of this, and more, will you find a genuine partner who wants a mutual relationship.
Well said. Every man that thinks of getting involved with the Philippines should receive a copy of this and sign it to say he's read it before he's allowed on a plane.