Saudi Business visa

Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi Business visa

Ok folks I have posted this on another board so any one that maybe a member of that and is reading this twice sorry for this.

My question is I am British male here in the Philippines on a tourist visa.
I have just been offered a job back in Saudi.
A new Business visa has been issued for me and is now available online.

Now I require the help of a local Philippine agency to for them to validate this visa and have it put into my passport.
As we are not allowed to just turn up at the Saudi Embassy in Manila.

Has any one a contact or names of any decent agencies that could offer and help me on this. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Business visa

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Ok folks I have posted this on another board so any one that maybe a member of that and is reading this twice sorry for this.

My question is I am British male here in the Philippines on a tourist visa.
I have just been offered a job back in Saudi.
A new Business visa has been issued for me and is now available online.

Now I require the help of a local Philippine agency to for them to validate this visa and have it put into my passport.
As we are not allowed to just turn up at the Saudi Embassy in Manila.

Has any one a contact or names of any decent agencies that could offer and help me on this. Thanks in advance.
As you are a foreigner it may be that it will be either

Your own embassy as it is their passport?

or

if local then either NBI or BID. probably Manila head office for this, just ask local office first then email their HO if no joy.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

As you are British, surely it would be best to go to the UK embassy. Having nipped in and out of Saudi a few times I have never been asked to have my business visa validated by anyone, especially have an agent from a 3rd party country put it in my UK passport.

All the decent Philippine agents I know are locked up and the bad ones are on the run.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

stokkevin I telephoned the British embassy this lunchtime, what a waste of time effort and money, the bloke hadn't a clue and said I would google it if I was you.
But how do I get this sheet of paper and have it placed into my passport ,
Having worked in Saudi now for more than 7 years this time.
The visa so I was told by my new company is only able for collection from the Saudi embassy in manila.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

The visa so I was told by my new company is only able for collection from the Saudi embassy in manila.
That is how I have got my visa put in my UK passport each time, rock up to the Saudi embassy and wait.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

you went to the Saudi embassy in manila ???? did you not get any problems ???
Old Mar 17th 2015, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

you went to the Saudi embassy in manila ???? did you not get any problems ???
I have never been to the Saudi embassy in Manila but have in Cairo, Caracas Oslo and Copenhagen. All were the same process - fill in a couple of small forms, produce additional ID ( Saudi driving license ), get visa stamp.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the info how much did it cost to get this sorted all by your self.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the info how much did it cost to get this sorted all by your self.
The visa was already prepaid by my company so all I had to pay for was getting a couple of signatures in the embassy, I can not remember exactly how much but it will have not been more than a few quid.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

OK It looks like i have found an agency in manila that can sort out this visa.
I have a meeting with them on Friday.
I will post an update on here at the weekend so i can share my knowledge just in case the next time some one else will not have the hassle and stress i have had over the last couple of days.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Up2U2 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK It looks like i have found an agency in manila that can sort out this visa.
I have a meeting with them on Friday.
I will post an update on here at the weekend so i can share my knowledge just in case the next time some one else will not have the hassle and stress i have had over the last couple of days.
Any update?

I have found that when the Saudi Embassy ask that you work through an agent, as you imply, they will also accept that you may process the visa as an individual, but it takes longer because they ask for several other bits of paper. One time I did this in Thailand, after my passport was stolen, and it took longer than the expiry date on the visa - so I had to re-apply. It worked, I was returning to the same job, but going through an agent may have been quicker.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Filipinos presumably use an agent to get a Saudi visa. Can you not use one of those agents ? The visa will be from the Sauid Embassy. I cannot see what role the UK Embassy has.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Up2U2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Filipinos presumably use an agent to get a Saudi visa. Can you not use one of those agents ? The visa will be from the Sauid Embassy. I cannot see what role the UK Embassy has.
Correct - no contact with UK Consulate necessary.

The invitation usually comes from the prospective employer in Saudi, this, together with various identity documents such as passport plus driving licence, goes to the Saudi Embassy (Consular Section) and then the Entry Visa is issued. Once in the country the employer should arrange that a work permit and multiple exit/re-entry visa are issued by the appropriate government departments.

The involvement of a local agent is usually for two reasons - someone other than the Embassy employees will check that all documents are present and correct and secondly that fees are generated to the benefit of all.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The UK Embassy has no role in this procedure. I have not done this in Manila but did it twice in Istanbul. Not with a visa but with a halal one that leads to an Iqama. Fairly painless, but time-consuming and requiring the acquisition of an ability to read Turkish.