Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

RT PCR test: 72 hours before departure or 72 hours before arrival?

RT PCR test: 72 hours before departure or 72 hours before arrival?

Old Oct 18th 2021, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RT PCR test: 72 hours before departure or 72 hours before arrival?

I have noticed that some destinations require an RT PCR test within 72 hours of departure.

I am planning a trip to Ireland, and the Irish government say a test is required within 72 hours of arrival in Dublin.

It’s a long time travelling from PH to Ireland (around 24 hours), so the time to get a test result is very tight.

Does anyone know if a reliable test is available at Manila airport and how long it takes to get results?
Old Oct 18th 2021, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RT PCR test: 72 hours before departure or 72 hours before arrival?

Originally Posted by Paul7878 View Post
I have noticed that some destinations require an RT PCR test within 72 hours of departure.

I am planning a trip to Ireland, and the Irish government say a test is required within 72 hours of arrival in Dublin.

It’s a long time travelling from PH to Ireland (around 24 hours), so the time to get a test result is very tight.

Does anyone know if a reliable test is available at Manila airport and how long it takes to get results?
Terminal one. Drive in and results within 24 hrs. About 4k from memory. Earlier if you don't want to wait for the emailed results.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
Terminal one. Drive in and results within 24 hrs. About 4k from memory. Earlier if you don't want to wait for the emailed results.
Great thanks. I tried to find that terminal 1 test facility online and could only see one near T1 that is for Philippines Airlines passengers. I am not using Philippines Airlines, and my destination is international. Does the one you used have a website, please?

I found this one https://padlabmanila.com/ but looking at its Google reviews; most are poor, stating they give incorrect results.

Can anyone recommend a reliable test facility that can be used for international flights and gets results in 24 hours or less?

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul7878 View Post
Great thanks. I tried to find that terminal 1 test facility online and could only see one near T1 that is for Philippines Airlines passengers. I am not using Philippines Airlines, and my destination is international. Does the one you used have a website, please?

I found this one https://padlabmanila.com/ but looking at its Google reviews; most are poor, stating they give incorrect results.

Can anyone recommend a reliable test facility that can be used for international flights and gets results in 24 hours or less?
Yes... the one you refer to with poor reviews looks like the one I used. Sorry to hear about the poor reviews.

Best of luck....
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

We used St Dominics Hospital in Bacoor. a few months ago. If you have a car its quite conveniently situated on the Molino Blvd at a big crossroads where the Agunaldo Highway from Cavite comes in and to the left you go towards the Coastal Highway. It was P3,500 for 24 hours. It was on time, twice, unfortunately because one flight was cancelled. Parking is tight but there's a McDo across the road.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Think this is some sort of a franchise... might have an agent near you.