Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

Old Aug 3rd 2021, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

I just completed my appointment for the transfer of arrival stamp from my old to my new passport; here is what happened:
I had an 11 am appointment.

I arrived and parked very early (no traffic) at 850am, so I try to get inside the immigration HQ; worth a try.

I showed my appointment QR paper (from the appointment online) to the guard, and she let me in (I am 2 hours early).
Further inside, I was asked by another guard what my transaction is. She told me to go to a window just nearby.

The man in the window said I need to complete a simple form which he gave me and to have the following requirements for the transfer of arrival stamp:

- Copy of bio pages for my old and new passport
- Copy of latest arrival stamp (i.e. when I last arrived in the Philippines)
- Copy of passport visa implementation/visa extension (in my case, the last receipt for my extension)
- Copy of ACR-ICARD, if you have one (front and back)
- Must file all of the above in legal size white folder
- Proceed to room 308, on the 3rd floor

The form I completed asked for the flight number when I arrived two years ago; I had that info on my phone.
Lucky I had all the requirements with me. So I handed them in on the 3rd floor. The man at the window said it would take 1.5 hours and there is no fee to pay.

At 945am, they asked me to sign another bit of paper to release my old and new passport, and it was all completed.

I now have a signed stamp In my new passport that says the following; when I was “previously admitted” into the country, I arrived under EO408 (tourist), the arrival date, the flight number and my expired passport number.

Last edited by Paul7878; Aug 3rd 2021 at 6:47 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul7878
I just completed my appointment for the transfer of arrival stamp from my old to my new passport; here is what happened:
I had an 11 am appointment.

I arrived and parked very early (no traffic) at 850am, so I try to get inside the immigration HQ; worth a try.

I showed my appointment QR paper (from the appointment online) to the guard, and she let me in (I am 2 hours early).
Further inside, I was asked by another guard what my transaction is. She told me to go to a window just nearby.

The man in the window said I need to complete a simple form which he gave me and to have the following requirements for the transfer of arrival stamp:

- Copy of bio pages for my old and new passport
- Copy of latest arrival stamp (i.e. when I last arrived in the Philippines)
- Copy of passport visa implementation/visa extension (in my case, the last receipt for my extension)
- Copy of ACR-ICARD, if you have one (front and back)
- Must file all of the above in legal size white folder
- Proceed to room 308, on the 3rd floor

The form I completed asked for the flight number when I arrived two years ago; I had that info on my phone.
Lucky I had all the requirements with me. So I handed them in on the 3rd floor. The man at the window said it would take 1.5 hours and there is no fee to pay.

At 945am, they asked me to sign another bit of paper to release my old and new passport, and it was all completed.

I now have a signed stamp In my new passport that says the following; when I was “previously admitted” into the country, I arrived under EO408 (tourist), the arrival date, the flight number and my expired passport number.
I think I would be spitting feathers after all that. All it needed was an Immigration Offcer to look at the old passport and new passport....then a simple bonk and you are on your way.. so I wonder what happens to all paperwork? The mind boggles. Glad I didn't go through that process....
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I know what happens to all the paperwork!
When I was there last Friday lo and behold on level 3 there where enough files to reach the top of Mount Apo!
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I know what happens to all the paperwork!
When I was there last Friday lo and behold on level 3 there where enough files to reach the top of Mount Apo!
I think they must work on the principle of every bit of paper is a possible kick back. You only have to look on the news when congress has done something, every congress person has a pile of paper on their desk, some as much as 8 or 9 reams of paper.