Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

Old Jul 30th 2021, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

I have a tourist visa and have been here for 2 years

My passport recently expired and is cancelled, and I have a new UK passport (it has no stamps within).

I took the old & new passport to the immigration satellite office in Cavite for my 2 monthly visa extension; they said I need to get the new passport “stamped” in Manila.

I have a senior citizen appointment at Immigration HQ in Manila next week.

For this “stamping” in Manila, does anyone know what docs/photocopies etc they need, how long it takes and the fee?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restamp new passport at Immigration in Manila (Tourist Visa)

Originally Posted by Paul7878

My passport recently expired and is cancelled, and I have a new UK passport (it has no stamps within).

I took the old & new passport to the immigration satellite office in Cavite for my 2 monthly visa extension; they said I need to get the new passport “stamped” in Manila.

For this “stamping” in Manila, does anyone know what docs/photocopies etc they need, how long it takes and the fee?
I cannot give you a definitive answer but I encountered this at the last place I was staying. I was told by BI ...the same as you, that I needed my last entry stamp transferred to my new passport. I was told loosely that the process is straight forward and cost is minimal. However if I was minded to do this I would bring all visa extension receipts and anything else that may be relevant. Basically it's just bonking the new passport with the last entry date into the Philippines.

However, although this is the official policy, many BI offices are just happy keeping the two passports together. Where I am now are not enforcing the official policy. I also understand that there is no problem when having to depart the Philippines with your two passports without transferring the last entry date..

You could check the BI website where there is an contact email address to answer your query. I always have had a quick and helpful response when I have contacted them previously.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I restamped my passport at BI Intramuros in 2017. A straightforward process no money required.. As you are already going there next week I'm sure they will rest amp your new passport. If in doubt phone or email ahead.
Out of interest as I'm also a senior why are you going on a senior citizen related matter?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to you both.

When booking an appointment online, it asks senior citizens (over 60) to select the reason for the visit as "Senior Citizen" - grouped with PWD and Pregnant women.
I noticed many more appointment slots available for senior citizens, so I was following their instructions.
It does ask to have a senior citizen ID ready on arrival; I am not sure what this is. I assume any ID will be ok.

Do you think doing a restamping under the senior citizen category might be an issue, please?
Old Jul 31st 2021, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the Senior Citizen part whenI made my 13A appointment. People are very helpful so not to get anxious. The only thing you need is patience.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Although I'm sure it won't be a problem being over 60 may make you a senior, you as a foreigner you are not a senior citizen.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you mean as a senior foreigner you cannot obtain a senior discount card? (Although we both probably know of some corrupt foreigners who do possess a senior card) Apart from that I have experienced all but good as being a senior foreigner.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I forgot to add that the City of Marikina is treating be as a foreigner for the C-19 vaccinations. Second jab next Tuesday.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Although I'm sure it won't be a problem being over 60 may make you a senior, you as a foreigner you are not a senior citizen.
Technically we may not be Philippine citizens but I think we are recognized as Senior Citizens here both generally by people and by the state, even if sometimes they forget us and we shouldn't get the discount card. We can get the new national ID card.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

R,
I see no logic in obtaining the national ID card when we have the ACR-I card. Oh sorry we are in the land of hyper bureaucracy.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Do you mean as a senior foreigner you cannot obtain a senior discount card? (Although we both probably know of some corrupt foreigners who do possess a senior card) Apart from that I have experienced all but good as being a senior foreigner.
It is llegal for a senior foreigner to use a Senior Citizens card. I assume possession is also illegal on the basis that it would be intended for use.

However well meaning authorities may well issue the card because they are ignorant of the legal requirements. This doesn't necessarily make the foreigner corrupt. However as far as ignorance of the rules is concerned, itis no excuse for the foreigner.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

P11,
All I have to say is that the foreigners that I know that possess a seniors card are not shy in greasing palms. I think you know the type, pompous and entitled.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

P11,
All I have to say is that the foreigners that I know that possess a seniors card are not shy in greasing palms. I think you know the type, pompous and entitled.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I wish this forum had a like button
Old Jul 31st 2021, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

R,
I see no logic in obtaining the national ID card when we have the ACR-I card. Oh sorry we are in the land of hyper bureaucracy.
Not mandated but if we ever applied a big duplication. Seems unlikely people not on long term visas would apply or even qualify. But I heard a lady from the PSA on the TV include us in the people who can get one. Just shows the ignorance even at a high level about us.
Old Aug 1st 2021, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul7878

The senior citizen appointment at bI makes sense for us foreigners as I cannot see why a philipine citizen would need to book with immigration. OFWs are seen by another department as are other philippines citizens who may be emmigrating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.