Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Renewing Philippine Passports - No appointment slots showing for DFA

Renewing Philippine Passports - No appointment slots showing for DFA

Old Aug 14th 2021, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing Philippine Passports - No appointment slots showing for DFA

We have two sons, 16 and 13 years old. We all live in Cavite.
Their Philippine passports expired, and we need to renew them.

The first step is to get an appointment here https://www.passport.gov.ph/

There are no appointments available.
The page says to revisit the page and reload.

Has anyone managed to figure out when DFA appointments become available?
Does anyone know a travel agent that can look after the renewal?

Old Aug 14th 2021, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Philippine Passports - No appointment slots showing for DFA

Originally Posted by Paul7878
We have two sons, 16 and 13 years old. We all live in Cavite.
Their Philippine passports expired, and we need to renew them.

The first step is to get an appointment here https://www.passport.gov.ph/

There are no appointments available.
The page says to revisit the page and reload.

Has anyone managed to figure out when DFA appointments become available?
Does anyone know a travel agent that can look after the renewal?
thanks for the heads up my two and the boss are due mid next year
Old Aug 20th 2021, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing Philippine Passports - No appointment slots showing for DFA

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/21/...nsular-offices

Old Sep 15th 2021, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Paul7878 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, we have an appointment.
Here is how we did it....

We have been trying to get an appointment online here https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment
Every time we try, everything is booked, and the page says "Earliest available appointment: No available date"
I sent a message to the DFA, and they responded by saying to keep trying and try at 12 noon and 9pm each day.

Two weeks later, still no appointments, I call the DFA office in Dasma Cavite, and they say to try in the first week of September, again at 12 noon and 9pm.

During the first week of September, I see the calendar changed from blank for each day to red (red meaning fully booked).
Then a few days later, I was up late and about to go to bed at just after midnight - and amazing some days at the end of September were showing as green at DFA Aseana Manila.

I filled in the form and decided not to pay online, thinking if their gateway does not work, I would hate to repeat the whole process. So I opted for manual payment.
The email was received a few seconds after submitting the form, describing how to pay.

The next morning I completed the payments at a Robinson, two transactions, one for each son.

Then 3 days later, the confirmation email arrived from DFA.

Phew !!

The total elapsed duration from starting to the appointment date is 46 days.

We chose the express service, so we will get the renewed passports by about the middle of October, meaning the overall duration is about 60 days for us.

I am guessing they load the booking system with availability at the start of each month for that month. There seems to be no specific day or time when they load the availability.

Hope this might help anyone else that needs a passport.