Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Puerto Galera info wanted please

Puerto Galera info wanted please

Old Feb 9th 2016, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

danielspaniel11234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Puerto Galera info wanted please

Planning to go here for a few days this month as flight to Palawan are too expensive. Not sure whether to take the car on the Car ferry or get the bus and travel as a foot passenger. If anyone has any info on whether its best to have the car or rely on tricycles once in Puerto Galera any info would be appreciated. Also any recommendations on location (best beach) and reasonably priced resorts would be great too. I have of course already looked up reviews and have a few places in mind.
Daniel
Old Feb 10th 2016, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

danielspaniel11234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Puerto Galera info wanted please

I guess no one goes there � ����
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

brisman33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take the JAM Liner bus from Pasay Buendia to Batangas port about two hours travelling time. You will want to go to Sabang which is where the action is.

There are a couple of different operators and the boats are relatively small, last sailing is around 2.00pm best earlier if you can as the sea will be smoother. Crossing takes about an hour, ignore the touts at the port buy, your ticket from the counter.

Sabang is basically one street and then the beach. Use the jeepney if you want to visit the main town or White Beach. Motor bikes are available for hire if you're adventurous.

Bus P167
Ferry P230 IIRC
Terminal fee P30
Environmental fee on arrival Sabang P50

Hope this helps
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:44 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisman33
Take the JAM Liner bus from Pasay Buendia to Batangas port about two hours travelling time. You will want to go to Sabang which is where the action is.

There are a couple of different operators and the boats are relatively small, last sailing is around 2.00pm best earlier if you can as the sea will be smoother. Crossing takes about an hour, ignore the touts at the port buy, your ticket from the counter.

Sabang is basically one street and then the beach. Use the jeepney if you want to visit the main town or White Beach. Motor bikes are available for hire if you're adventurous.

Bus P167
Ferry P230 IIRC
Terminal fee P30
Environmental fee on arrival Sabang P50

Hope this helps
Welcome to the forum Brisman - very helpful first post!
Old Feb 20th 2016, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

steve18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. iv just got back from 1 of my 2x yearly trips to PH.I always go to Mindoro island. I usually stay in the main town of Calapan at a place called "Anahaw island view resort".its much cheaper than Puerto G Sabang and Whitebeach but it a very quiet place,the staff are very good and the locals are a great bunch,food and beers are much cheaper than the partying side of the island and its on the beach. Batangas is the port you need to head for from Manila. the advice you have been given here is 100% spot on.id leave the car and get the JAMLINER BUS from Buendia terminal manila. the fastest boats are the SUPERCAT (2GO) and the OCEANJET, both taking just 1 hr. if you do take the car ( you don't need to) their are many RORO's (running 24hrs) but all these vessels only go to Calapan port,you will need to get a jeepney or a van from calapan market to get to Puerto G and tricycle to your hotel and its a really nice trip on a good day weather wise. also there is a catamaran (FAST CAT) that takes 1.5 hours. and it takes cars. its the best one to catch if you like to walk about when on board and gives the best views of the surrounding area.
if you wanted to go straight to Whitebeach or sabang you can get a Banka boat that will take you direct from Batangas and drop you off on the beach. if its really choppy I would go to calapan as the safety record for the banka's in rough seas is not that good..
hope this helps.