Problem getting married

Old Apr 4th 2019, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

graham59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problem getting married

Originally Posted by scot47
Get the terminology right -
Certificate of No Impediment

Googling will get lots of results - some out of date.
Get the terminology right ?

When did you last get married in the Philippines ?

For me it was in September 2015.

Before that it was in September 1991.

Whatever the terminology WAS.... it aint no more... got it ?

Last edited by graham59; Apr 4th 2019 at 3:14 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-cni-pack

You call it what you want. Lawyers and HMG call it "Certificate of No Impediment".

Whether or not I have gone through a ceremony of marriage in the Phillippines is irrelevant.

Last edited by scot47; Apr 10th 2019 at 2:43 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Trading insults is not fruitful. Posting accurate information is.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Trading insults is not fruitful. Posting accurate information is.
Especially when you are wrong.

From 1st March 2014, the Consular Section will issue a new-style affirmation or an affidavit to marry. Local authorities have confirmed that they will accept this document. This replaces the old-style Certificate of No Impediment (CNI).
Old Apr 11th 2019, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

" Problem getting married "

Best one to ask is P11
Old Apr 15th 2019, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Got married 2017 went to Leeds registrar after looking online on a government website and recieving out of date advice (online we still had a consulate in Cebu and certificate of no impediment could be got from UK)........ Also my wife emailed a friend of a friend who worked in a registrar's office on Quezon who confirmed we needed the document from the Embassy in Manila (about £50 I think)
As has already been said you need to be in Philippines for 10 days from application of marriage licence if I remember right we actually got married on the 10th day you also need to go through a marriage counseling session (not expensive and consisting of answering a few questions but about a couple of hours) but also as I remember it can differ from province to province.
Long and short is contact the registrar (get the gf or her family) where you plan to wed get all the requirements emailed to you.
I admit I did it wrong at the time
I should have gone straight to Embassy then straight to the registrars office to file for marriage licence,attend the course and on the 10th day got married. It seems complicated from here but it was fairly simple over there, but contact the local office for their requirements!
Old Apr 15th 2019, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My gripe was over wht the document was called. A poster here called it "Certificate of No Impedance"

I corrected that to "Certificate of No Impediment"
Old Apr 15th 2019, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew_AJP
Got married 2017 went to Leeds registrar after looking online on a government website and recieving out of date advice (online we still had a consulate in Cebu and certificate of no impediment could be got from UK)........ Also my wife emailed a friend of a friend who worked in a registrar's office on Quezon who confirmed we needed the document from the Embassy in Manila (about £50 I think)
As has already been said you need to be in Philippines for 10 days from application of marriage licence if I remember right we actually got married on the 10th day you also need to go through a marriage counseling session (not expensive and consisting of answering a few questions but about a couple of hours) but also as I remember it can differ from province to province.
Long and short is contact the registrar (get the gf or her family) where you plan to wed get all the requirements emailed to you.
I admit I did it wrong at the time
I should have gone straight to Embassy then straight to the registrars office to file for marriage licence,attend the course and on the 10th day got married. It seems complicated from here but it was fairly simple over there, but contact the local office for their requirements!
How things have changed, we got married here in 2001 ( or maybe 2002 ) turned up with a certs of no impedance from our local council in UK and two days later married, all certs stamped and signed by the church & municipal office.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
How things have changed, we got married here in 2001 ( or maybe 2002 ) turned up with a certs of no impedance from our local council in UK and two days later married, all certs stamped and signed by the church & municipal office.
No things have not changed apart from the CNI being superseded. What you did was illegal and was when we married in 1996 and still is to this day.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Married twice in the Philippines, and three times in NZ. Don't know about other countries but a marriage in PI is just smiled at here. Matrimonial property laws do not count nor any other part of it so just a bit of a joke. If I should do it again I would just have the ceremony sign a bit of bullshit paper and say its done. The family and friends only want the show and a feed the paper is irrelevant and if you are serious go back later when convenient and marry her in your own country. If your darling is not impressed with this fine plan then stop rushing and take your time. Marriage can be a long and tiresome thing if you rush in with the wrong lady. Regards Mike
Old Apr 17th 2019, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

MikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really niceMikeNZ is just really nice

Oh but if like PI short and scary.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 2:13 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeNZ
Marriage can be a long and tiresome thing if you rush in with the wrong lady. Regards Mike
Yes, or indeed with the wrong man