British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   A poster inviting comments about someones blog post (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/poster-inviting-comments-about-someones-blog-post-889110/)

Crystal Dale Dec 21st 2016 8:20 pm

A poster inviting comments about someones blog post

I married a filipina, but it was recently since staying in Philippines longer than a month for the first time I started to realize all these things. I made 11 trips to Philippines, each trip being less than 21 days, but I been here 3 consecutive months so far, and I’m realizing all the bullshit here. I never knew my wife was so conformed to the stupidity of this country.

Seems to be from this blog & may or may not be written by the OP

mikemike Dec 22nd 2016 2:30 am

re: A poster inviting comments about someones blog post

''Culture shock'' and you have got it bad

Suggest you do nothing here and leave otherwise it is only going to get worse

Gazza-d Dec 22nd 2016 7:07 am

Not showering after a workout or massage is the norm in the Philippines. My wife has been with me in the Uk for 20 years now and thinks more like a local now so she see the stupidity in the Philippines. Don't try and change it as you will be on a hiding to nothing. Unless they discover something themselves they will carry on as there fathers father did and nothing will change them. On the world scale the average IQ in the Philippines is 86, UK 100, Singapore/Hong Kong 106, the USA is 98. I've heard it said that when god made the Philippines he took 100 thousand kids and sprinkled them across 7000 island and told them the run them like a country. Don't fight it you will only lose.

aaronkemp Dec 22nd 2016 2:48 pm

Idiot wife? Don't like it then leave.. feel sorry for your wife.

Philosophical 11 Dec 23rd 2016 2:16 am

Dale-Vaness,

I know you have been following some of my blogs on this exalted forum and I have mentioned on more than one occasion that you need endless patience and a good sense of humour. You it appears are not endowed with that but that is not meant as criticism. Some people are born with it, or acquire it. Its just how we are made up. We are all different. I would criticism you though for how you speak so rudely about your lovely lady. I have not met her....but I doubt if she deserves that from what I have read so far.

As previously mentioned, they have an average of 86 IQ and do not appear to accept logic. This is most frustrating and I really do seethe inside sometimes when they cannot accept reason. They prefer to believe their friends instead of facts....and as a developing nation are steeped in customs and traditions which the Western world left behind long ago.

Taking your points in order:

My lovely lady prefers white skin because she feels she looks better that way. Same as wearing hair long or short....or wearing make-up as examples. Some western women love to have dark tanned skin hence the sun-bathing and tanning salons. All for the same reason. My lovely lady is now very tanned because of my preference, but it was no big issue for me.

What specific corruption are you talking about?

No idea why she should would not prefer to use a WC. No doubt you have talked to her about it. You did not give a reason why she does that. Certainly never heard of that before.

She is correct about the showering issue. My lovely lady said the same thing to me that I must rest for a small while after exercise before taking a shower. I checked this out and it is recommended by the medical profession to allow the body to cool down first. I rest for 10 - 15 minutes.

Finally. You say you love her to death. I hope you do and find it in your heart to give her time. But I don't think you will. I pity her and I cannot see you staying in the Philippines for any great length of time. Prove me wrong.

I do however wish you all the best for what you decide to do in the future.

Filipinas....You cannot live with them....and you cannot live without them.

Best regards

Pete

Crystal Dale Dec 25th 2016 7:10 am

Thatsc

Crystal Dale Dec 25th 2016 7:15 am

It's someone else's story, which I found online, but edited a bit first (mainly improved the grammar) before posting here as I was interested to see what kind of response there might be? However, I do emphasise/agree with some of the issues he mentioned regarding Filipinas being impossible to understand and certainly to please, just like my wife who has recently told me that "We're done" after thanking me for the extra money I had sent to buy Xmas gifts for her/her daughter. Anyway, thanks for reading/replying to the thread, and I wasn't trying to mislead anyone based on the fact that I've posted before. You've got to feel sorry for that guy, but I'd certainly never move to Philippines. Happy Holidays...:santa:

BEVS Dec 26th 2016 7:52 pm

Re: It's more Fail in The Philippines

Originally Posted by Dale-Vaness (Post 12136314)
It's someone else's story, which I found online, but edited a bit first (mainly improved the grammar) before posting

Actually, that is not OK per our site rules so I will be removing most all bar one paragraph . However I will leave a link I found to the blog page I believe the diatribe originally came from for anyone that wants to read that type of stuff. Please feel free to comment there but do not bring that back to BE.

TBH. This is not in keeping with the spirit of BE at all.

Thread closed.