Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Possible to get a cash card as a tourist?

Possible to get a cash card as a tourist?

Old Aug 10th 2019, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

KatanaDV20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible to get a cash card as a tourist?

Hello everyone
Please could I get your advice

I am enroute to the Philippines from the UK to spend 5 months with my girlfriend there. Currently in Singapore for 4 days doing some sightseeing.

I will be carrying at least $2500 in cash. Needless to say I've realized too late that this is not a good idea. But I dont have time to fix things now

I am aware of these Cash Cards where you go to a bank sign up for one, hand over the cash, the card is loaded with it and off you go.

Is it possible for a tourist to do such a thing there? Can I get a cash card in the Philippines? Im a bit scared of wandering about with all these $

I know the drill - keep it hidden, spread it out, decoy wallet etc. Lived in some rough parts of California for 10yrs so Im careful.

Could I get such a card here in SG?

Would greatly appreciate feedback from you good people.

Thanks very much

Old Aug 11th 2019, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible to get a cash card as a tourist?

First don't tell your girlfriend you are carrying that amount of money. I assume you have access to further funds as that amount will not last more than a few weeks.