Phone, internet, online

Old Feb 2nd 2023, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone, internet, online

Did the Globe SIM registrations this morning. Fairly easy except for the photos. As foreigners we have to submit four, locals two. I needed to do some image reducing and editing with mine. Size limit 4MB. Got the blue screen twice uploading the photos. On page 1 had to start again. On page 2 it saved page 1. For the passport seems you also need the official observations page in the photo.
Weirdly you can only do one number at a time.
I need to do a Smart number but that will have to wait as they send you an OTP. No signal where I am now.
Old Feb 4th 2023, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen that there's a bill before Congress that everyone must register their social media accounts.

First the introduction of new id's, then registration of SIM cards... now this (if true). Hmmm 🤔
Old Feb 4th 2023, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

What is happening with the new national Id's? Wifey went and registered over six months ago and to date, zilch! I as a foreigner had my name entered into a list and was informed that I will be sent an SMS. Again zilch.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
What is happening with the new national Id's? Wifey went and registered over six months ago and to date, zilch! I as a foreigner had my name entered into a list and was informed that I will be sent an SMS. Again zilch.
The wife applied a couple of years ago and recently got a temporary paper id so don't hold your breath.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Just seen that there's a bill before Congress that everyone must register their social media accounts.

First the introduction of new id's, then registration of SIM cards... now this (if true). Hmmm 🤔
https://hrep-website.s3.ap-southeast...19/HB00129.pdf

Seems to have been stuck in a Committee since last July. But the author wants to breathe new life into it.
However the "bashers" he complains about seem mostly to come from groups linked with the present and recently departed people in power here. Duterte wasn't supportive of the SIM reg bill, which included this in it, for that very reason.Think for the same reason it won't prosper. But in the current authoritarian climate here you can't be sure.
And much more difficult to get the many and large social media companies to do registration than the local Telcos. He even wants Filipinos resident abroad to be included.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
https://hrep-website.s3.ap-southeast...19/HB00129.pdf

Seems to have been stuck in a Committee since last July. But the author wants to breathe new life into it.
However the "bashers" he complains about seem mostly to come from groups linked with the present and recently departed people in power here. Duterte wasn't supportive of the SIM reg bill, which included this in it, for that very reason.Think for the same reason it won't prosper. But in the current authoritarian climate here you can't be sure.
And much more difficult to get the many and large social media companies to do registration than the local Telcos. He even wants Filipinos resident abroad to be included.
What next, martial law.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
What next, martial law.
I might be wrong but before that I think there's something going on between the Marcos and Duterte camps here. The ex Pres never keen on BBM and was disappointed his daughter didn't stand for President.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/172540...-ex-presidents

Estrada too old, Arroyo already well in with BBM. Just Duterte.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Weird. Couldn't get any docs uploaded on the Smart SIM site. Including all the photos that were Ok on Globe's.
That SIM was only used occasionally in Globe dead spots so thinking just let it be canceled and maybe get another company's as a reserve SIM.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raffin
Weird. Couldn't get any docs uploaded on the Smart SIM site. Including all the photos that were Ok on Globe's.
That SIM was only used occasionally in Globe dead spots so thinking just let it be canceled and maybe get another company's as a reserve SIM.
I noted there's a Smart sim registration kiosk in a local SM mall.
Old Mar 3rd 2023, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

There is a smart shop in SM Consolacion. Gave up trying to register my SIMs online, went to store, used my TIN as ID , done & dusted in 5 minutes!