Phone, internet, online

Old Mar 28th 2022, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice
Default Re: Phone, internet, online

I wasn't receiving a OTP code from a movie download site. After multiple times hitting Send - Resend, I finally decided to do a search on the Internet... and an article mentioned that there might be a setting on your Cell Phone that is blocking the incoming Text phone number. So, after clearing the Spam blocker setting on the phone (Samsung) I received the OTP code.
It wasn't my finest battle with technology that day...LoL.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of the dreaded OTP again....the Converge required one to open my so secret OR for last month. They emailed it..fine... and texted it...not so fine as their sending system had serious diarrhea. Got a storm of at least 20 texts in quick succession.
Old May 21st 2022, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

I have been with Lloyds Bank forever and a day and generally with no great problem.

But for the last few days I am unable to log into my account on my lap top. No problem on my phone. Because I clear my cache and cookies once per month, I have to verify myself on my lap top when logging in the next time. Normally, I get a message when logging in that verification is required and a 4 digit number appears. I am then told they will call me on my phone and I just verify by tapping in the 4 digit code. No big deal normally. But my phone doesnt ring. Other attempts are made by me for verification....but with the same result. After 5 unsuccessful attempts, a message tells me to change my password or username. Which I do. This is a bit of a faff. But, when, I try to log in again, my phone doesnt ring and I am back to square one.

Made several calls to Lloyds and was told....maybe the number they use has been blocked. No it hasnt. Instead of using the shortcut ....try logging in direct from their website. No difference. And so it goes on. I know my phone receives calls so there is nothing wrong with that. The problem must be that the call is being blocked coming into the Philippines somehow. They dont think so. But I am sure this happened before in the dim and distant past. I shall give then another call in a day or so. If I am correct then other Lloyds Bank users in the Philippines will have the same problem.

I have had an irritating problem on the Lloyds App on my phone from day one. I cannot down load bank statements. I use my lap top for that. I click on the link...have a look in the File Manager on the phone and its not there. I can download other PDF's with no problem. I think once I get my lap top situation sorted out I will try deleting the App and then download the App again.

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; May 21st 2022 at 1:16 pm.
Old May 21st 2022, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
Greetings!

I have been with Lloyds Bank forever and a day and generally with no great problem.

But for the last few days I am unable to log into my account on my lap top. No problem on my phone. Because I clear my cache and cookies once per month, I have to verify myself on my lap top when logging in the next time. Normally, I get a message when logging in that verification is required and a 4 digit number appears. I am then told they will call me on my phone and I just verify by tapping in the 4 digit code. No big deal normally. But my phone doesnt ring. Other attempts are made by me for verification....but with the same result. After 5 unsuccessful attempts, a message tells me to change my password or username. Which I do. This is a bit of a faff. But, when, I try to log in again, my phone doesnt ring and I am back to square one.

Made several calls to Lloyds and was told....maybe the number they use has been blocked. No it hasnt. Instead of using the shortcut ....try logging in direct from their website. No difference. And so it goes on. I know my phone receives calls so there is nothing wrong with that. The problem must be that the call is being blocked coming into the Philippines somehow. They dont think so. But I am sure this happened before in the dim and distant past. I shall give then another call in a day or so. If I am correct then other Lloyds Bank users in the Philippines will have the same problem.

I have had an irritating problem on the Lloyds App on my phone from day one. I cannot down load bank statements. I use my lap top for that. I click on the link...have a look in the File Manager on the phone and its not there. I can download other PDF's with no problem. I think once I get my lap top situation sorted out I will try deleting the App and then download the App again.

Regards
It takes 8-12 hrs for the OTC to come from a UK gov site. I blame the phone company EE in my case.
Old May 21st 2022, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Also with Lloyd's and about 10 days ago tried a couple of times unsuccessfuly to login. The OTP on the screen not accepted. I was only going to look at my statement so gave up and put it down to some phone issue.
Fortunately no great need to move money soon, but will try to log in on the phone today and see what happens, rather than the usual desktop, which is awaiting Internet connection.
Old May 22nd 2022, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin View Post
Also with Lloyd's and about 10 days ago tried a couple of times unsuccessfuly to login. The OTP on the screen not accepted. I was only going to look at my statement so gave up and put it down to some phone issue.
Fortunately no great need to move money soon, but will try to log in on the phone today and see what happens, rather than the usual desktop, which is awaiting Internet connection.
The OTP is only valid for something like 10-15 minutes so unless it turns up immediately you don't stand a chance.
Old May 23rd 2022, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tried the Lloyd's app just now for the first time. Worked fine and I understand the OTP not needed in future so when I get the desktop back will continue with the app. Eliminating poor signal issues.
​​​​​
Old Jun 4th 2022, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone help with this?

I have two phone apps:. Lloyds and MBNA. Both work fine except I have never been able to download the statements. I press the download button and I feel something reacting but when I look in the file manager .... nothing is there. I have no problems downloading other PDF files etc.

I then go to the bank website and try and log in from there. But they want to verify me with an automated call where I punch in a 4 digit number. I then switch to the phone and do the necessary. But when I switch back to the website...I am back to Google.. I have to search the website again...and start from scratch.

I have no problems using the lap top but that appears to have died.

Spoke to the help centre who conducted all necessary checks with the result..."It must be a problem your end"

Thanks

​​​
Old Jun 10th 2022, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Quite hot lately so this might be a useful reminder for some of you.
My desktop has been shutting down recently. Top got quite hot but I wrongly ignored that. Thought it might be due to the power supply, which can be over 230v. Somehow the regulator not coping?
​But no it just needed a good clean, especially the power supply unit ventilation slats. Also fan rotation was being slowed by dirt around its base.
Got a useful core temperature app installed so I can monitor.