British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   Phone, internet, online (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/phone-internet-online-943322/)

Raffin Feb 18th 2022 9:46 pm

Phone, internet, online

Not that funny, more ironic, wryly humorous so think this just about fits in this thread.

Began getting automated texts from the internet service provider in January saying I was late in paying. Not my account number, am always paid up, so ignored by me. The same texts kept coming earlier this month, with the amount owed higher. I still ignored them, but after about the fifth text a few days ago I thought enough is enough. Especially as it threatened disconnection in a few days. A couple of emails had come too, again with the incorrect account number. Complaining through their official avenues was useless in the past so I contacted the agent who signed us up a year ago. Told her about these mistaken texts. She didn't say much but helpfully provided two cell numbers, not the usual ones, to contact.

Texted and amazingly got a reply. Sir, your account number has changed to xxxxxxxx. That's all. It was then up to me to work out that I had been paying my bill for two months into an invalid account number! One obviously still valid for the staff in the various Bills Payment centers.

So surely they can just credit these payments to the new one? No sir, please send us photos of the receipts. Frantic search for them, which thankfully was successful. Email sent, all ok. The email address was also a new one and enquired again about where they are. Sir, we are just a few kms away from you...a new office near the high school. Well that's good as paying their bills had a 5 or P10 charge and convenient as we have somewhere close to pay and complain at. But why we were we not informed? Then later another email from them which was addressed to all subscribers in our area and an adjoining one apologizing for the non communicated account change and giving the address of the new office. Probably hundreds of customers affected.

By the way, this is a big broadband service provider, not a small local one. Had a number of bill payment problems here over the years, but this takes the biscuit!

PS Just received another text threatening disconnection on Monday!

Bealinehx Feb 19th 2022 12:30 am

Phone, internet, online

Does this mean no more Covid updates? LOL

Raffin Feb 19th 2022 12:50 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Bealinehx (Post 13095776)
Does this mean no more Covid updates? LOL

No. Unless it stops working for normal reasons, which it has done lately a few times! Reassurance was given by these new local staff that this accounts mess up would not lead to my service being disconnected. But you wonder what would happen if you couldn't find the receipts or maybe didn't pay the P3,000 again? Generally I'm hoping interruptions will be less now they know people will flock to the new local office, in a busy area near a school and fresh market. Not easy to complain before.

Raffin Mar 5th 2022 11:33 pm

Phone, internet, online

Text from the internet company..."You may now view your Official Receipt for payment of ....for your account number 0868....at get-OR....."
Result "Account does not exist"
Still they got one thing right....old account number the same!

Stokkevn Mar 16th 2022 2:52 pm

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Raffin (Post 13099334)
Text from the internet company..."You may now view your Official Receipt for payment of ....for your account number 0868....at get-OR....."
Result "Account does not exist"
Still they got one thing right....old account number the same!

I have had a "you have not paid your bill" text from Globe 6 days after I had received a text confirming payment received from Globe.

mikelincs Mar 16th 2022 5:18 pm

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Stokkevn (Post 13101739)
I have had a "you have not paid your bill" text from Globe 6 days after I had received a text confirming payment received from Globe.

It's not only the Philippines, it happens in the UK, and a lot of that is due to the fact these things are scheduled several days before and go in a queue, even when you pay it's takes time to reach that part, so the texts/emails are sent out automatically.

Gazza-d Mar 16th 2022 11:34 pm

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 13101787)
It's not only the Philippines, it happens in the UK, and a lot of that is due to the fact these things are scheduled several days before and go in a queue, even when you pay it's takes time to reach that part, so the texts/emails are sent out automatically.

There's usually a rider at the bottom, if you have already paid please ignore this text.

Raffin Mar 17th 2022 12:53 am

Phone, internet, online

On my account mix up got another text warning of disconnection next Monday due to alleged two months owing. The issue seems to be that the internet company has franchised off our area to a local operation, who are now not responding to texts or emails and their new local office now shutters down and closed.

Philosophical 11 Mar 23rd 2022 1:34 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Raffin (Post 13095752)
Not that funny, more ironic, wryly humorous so think this just about fits in this thread.

Began getting automated texts from the internet service provider in January saying I was late in paying. Not my account number, am always paid up, so ignored by me. The same texts kept coming earlier this month, with the amount owed higher. I still ignored them, but after about the fifth text a few days ago I thought enough is enough. Especially as it threatened disconnection in a few days. A couple of emails had come too, again with the incorrect account number. Complaining through their official avenues was useless in the past so I contacted the agent who signed us up a year ago. Told her about these mistaken texts. She didn't say much but helpfully provided two cell numbers, not the usual ones, to contact.

Texted and amazingly got a reply. Sir, your account number has changed to xxxxxxxx. That's all. It was then up to me to work out that I had been paying my bill for two months into an invalid account number! One obviously still valid for the staff in the various Bills Payment centers.

So surely they can just credit these payments to the new one? No sir, please send us photos of the receipts. Frantic search for them, which thankfully was successful. Email sent, all ok. The email address was also a new one and enquired again about where they are. Sir, we are just a few kms away from you...a new office near the high school. Well that's good as paying their bills had a 5 or P10 charge and convenient as we have somewhere close to pay and complain at. But why we were we not informed? Then later another email from them which was addressed to all subscribers in our area and an adjoining one apologizing for the non communicated account change and giving the address of the new office. Probably hundreds of customers affected.

By the way, this is a big broadband service provider, not a small local one. Had a number of bill payment problems here over the years, but this takes the biscuit!

PS Just received another text threatening disconnection on Monday!

As well as Smart and PLDT, I have Globe and decided to download load Apps for all three to manage my accounts etc. On my Globe App I noticed that I was always logged into Account no 2 and didn't think too much about it because I was using load and a prepaid plan thinking one account for each.

Out of curiosity a few days ago I logged into Account No1 and was mildly surprised to find that I owed over 6k will a due date on 5 April. Out of more curiosity I tried to access account details but all I have been getting is a message to the effect of unable to connect to server. But if I wanted to pay the bill...no problems.

Now at my last house which I left about 30 months ago I did have a home phone courtesy of Cignal for Globe. I received a bill for this each month received via email.. Cignal was paid separately as I recall.

After I left the house, the emailed bills stopped and I thought that was that.

So...I have a bill for over 6k which I never knew about and only came across it when I downloaded the Globe App. Certainly no emailed bills.

Now I want to find out in who's name the account is in obviously but unable to do so. I think the previous account was in my ex wife name but cannot be sure. I am tempted to contact the Globe helpline but I always find that contacting them always results in me disappearing up my own backside.. So... just a question of seeing what happens I guess.

Gazza-d Mar 23rd 2022 2:06 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 (Post 13103051)
As well as Smart and PLDT, I have Globe and decided to download load Apps for all three to manage my accounts etc. On my Globe App I noticed that I was always logged into Account no 2 and didn't think too much about it because I was using load and a prepaid plan thinking one account for each.

Out of curiosity a few days ago I logged into Account No1 and was mildly surprised to find that I owed over 6k will a due date on 5 April. Out of more curiosity I tried to access account details but all I have been getting is a message to the effect of unable to connect to server. But if I wanted to pay the bill...no problems.

Now at my last house which I left about 30 months ago I did have a home phone courtesy of Cignal for Globe. I received a bill for this each month received via email.. Cignal was paid separately as I recall.

So...I have a bill for over 6k which I never knew about and only came across it when I downloaded the Globe App. Certainly no emailed bills.

Now I want to find out in who's name the account is in obviously but unable to do so. I think the previous account was in my ex wife name but cannot be sure. I am tempted to contact the Globe helpline but I always find that contacting them always results in me disappearing up my own backside.. So... just a question of seeing what happens I guess.

I've had problems with my Globe billing, they are just as incompetent as the rest.

Stokkevn Mar 23rd 2022 3:07 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Gazza-d (Post 13103056)
I've had problems with my Globe billing, they are just as incompetent as the rest.

I saw an international broadband service rating for 195 countries a couple of years ago and Philippines came 18 places behind Zimbabwe which really surprised me as I never thought there were 18 places behind Zimbabwe in anything.

Raffin Mar 23rd 2022 3:50 am

Phone, internet, online

Yes, from my experience and what you hear they all have problems. Some generally, others in places. Mine is Converge and they do seem to be converging towards a low standard of customer service at least here, if not all over, after a few good initial months of service last year!

Received a text last week indicating they had "migrated" my Jan payment to the new account but not the Feb one. And my latest payment to the new account number not received. Owed them 3k.

But on Monday there was a service cut at midday. Thankfully it was another one of their service disruptions as neighbours were cut off. Not us being cut off. So we drove over to the new local office. The notice on the door said lunch hour 12-1. We respected that then returned at 1.00 to find it shuttered down and a number of unhappy customers congregated outside.

Philosophical 11 Mar 25th 2022 1:32 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 (Post 13103051)

Mystery solved. The account belongs to my ex. Fortunately it is in her name.... not mine. But no idea how it got onto my Globe App.

Gazza-d Mar 25th 2022 8:42 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 (Post 13103554)
Mystery solved. The account belongs to my ex. Fortunately it is in her name.... not mine. But no idea how it got onto my Globe App.

It may be in the name of the ex but it's still your phone that gets cut off, and best of luck changing the name.

Philosophical 11 Mar 25th 2022 9:36 am

Phone, internet, online

Originally Posted by Gazza-d (Post 13103569)
It may be in the name of the ex but it's still your phone that gets cut off, and best of luck changing the name.

No it won't. I don't have a contract with Globe.