Philippine Peso to Pound

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philippine Peso to Pound

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Another good sign is that the GBP has strengthened against the almighty USD. Latest rate is USD 1.40/GBP. All bodes well for this year, and about time too.
Let's not all cheer to loudly, the tax reform is going to effect all of us ( non-wage earners ). In the local market this week meat has gone up by 10%, some vegetables up to 16% higher and petrol up by nearly 12% as has the LPG. The good news, beer has stayed the same.

I fear that any improvement in the exchange rate will be absorbed by increased prices.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Stokkevn, Just imagine how much more expensive those items would be if the exchange rate had not improved or worse gone down again!!

I just checked, your glass is still half full)

How about exchange rate of 80 by year end, will that help
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Local market prices have increased during the last few days, in part, due to the wet weather which has had a detrimental effect the availability of produce and the ability to transport the same from the farms. A typical supply and demand situation. As for fuel and gas, crude oil prices have increased since early December As for the tax reform, long overdue. But as a guest here, not or me to comment further.

How would you have felt 12 months ago?
I echo mikemike my glass is still half full. Cheers !
Old Apr 17th 2018, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

will we hit 75 before stumps!!

The only thing that has really hit us at all is the increase price in Diesel. Our home power costs have seen no increase in price, actually a fall due to us upgrading to inverter air cons through out. We also looked at our weekly groceries and experiments on what we could do with and do without. The Asawa had totally bought in to this and told me she will shop Filippino style....hell I thought we were anyway!! NOt a bit of it, our weekly shop is down from 7.5 thou to 4thou and it looks like there is still plenty to go around.

Now she wants to know what she can spend the savings on!!

Last edited by mikemike; Apr 17th 2018 at 12:10 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Now she wants to know what she can spend the savings on!!
I think I must have married your wife's sister.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I think I must have married your wife's sister.
They have BIG families in the Philippines
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 6:41 am
Just Joined

expatuk2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

We did the Filipino Style of shopping thingy well tbe wife does.
She buys chicken breasts and beef from the local market.
our average shopping bill a week is 4500 pesos and that includes my
Beers and other drinks.
Since buying our new inverter aircon for the bedroom i did some meter readings
And our daily electric is 48pesos average.
Thats using rice cookers,electric kettle,24hr cctv,fans,and aircon.
Our electric usage this month was 233kw cost 2536.74 pesos aircon running from
9.30pm till 8am and from 12.40pm until 2.40pm daily.
Which was 470 pesos lower than this time last year .
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by expatuk2017
We did the Filipino Style of shopping thingy well tbe wife does.
She buys chicken breasts and beef from the local market.
our average shopping bill a week is 4500 pesos and that includes my
Beers and other drinks.
Since buying our new inverter aircon for the bedroom i did some meter readings
And our daily electric is 48pesos average.
Thats using rice cookers,electric kettle,24hr cctv,fans,and aircon.
Our electric usage this month was 233kw cost 2536.74 pesos aircon running from
9.30pm till 8am and from 12.40pm until 2.40pm daily.
Which was 470 pesos lower than this time last year .
our power bill just came in at 4600. we are not running the air cons ach day, we have three but I suspect that we are using 1 on average for 15 hours most of which is night time rates. lots of ceilings fans a couple of stand fans . The ref is inverter as well.

Usual gadgets such as tvs x 3 and intents ready gadgets no less than 3

our supplier is Meralco the most expensive in the country

I suspect our power bill will climb to 6000pm now that summer is here.