Philippine Peso to Pound

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philippine Peso to Pound

"Parliament must vote on whether the UK can start the process of leaving the European Union, the High Court has ruled."

Pound up nearly 1.5% in 12 hours and still going, looks like the children may eat this Xmas.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

i can see this going to appeal and the law lords upholding

The brexiters will then appeal to..........Strasbourg)) you really cannot make it up )
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
i can see this going to appeal and the law lords upholding

The brexiters will then appeal to..........Strasbourg)) you really cannot make it up )
I am not so sure. MPs are supposed to vote with the majority of their constituents, making Scotland's 56 MPs vote to 'stay', as will the 18 NI MPs. This now tips the national balance in favour to stay. I am not going to work out how the rest of the MPs will vote but the Tories won over 50% of the seats with under 40% of the votes. I could work it out but heck there is a cold beer in the fridge with my name on it.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I am not so sure. MPs are supposed to vote with the majority of their constituents, making Scotland's 56 MPs vote to 'stay', as will the 18 NI MPs. This now tips the national balance in favour to stay. I am not going to work out how the rest of the MPs will vote but the Tories won over 50% of the seats with under 40% of the votes. I could work it out but heck there is a cold beer in the fridge with my name on it.
Stokkevn I was under the impression that voters voted for the person who best represented their personal views in the certain knowledge that not all views are going to be respected or reflected.

I think it should be a general election with MPs from all parties making it clear what their position is. any mealy mouthed double talk should be met with de selection.

I am convinced that if this happened then Brexit would lose out heavily. Example how many Sunderland Nissan workers now realize that their jobs could go to Europe, they never believed any possibility of that, I suspect they are not so sure anymore

What irritates me is that I pay taxes in the UK still but will not be allowed to vote
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
Stokkevn I was under the impression that voters voted for the person who best represented their personal views in the certain knowledge that not all views are going to be respected or reflected.

I think it should be a general election with MPs from all parties making it clear what their position is. any mealy mouthed double talk should be met with de selection.

I am convinced that if this happened then Brexit would lose out heavily. Example how many Sunderland Nissan workers now realize that their jobs could go to Europe, they never believed any possibility of that, I suspect they are not so sure anymore

What irritates me is that I pay taxes in the UK still but will not be allowed to vote
If you pay taxes in the UK I believe that you are entitled to vote for both referendums and general elections. Voters vote for the local candidates who should follow their voting lines.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
If you pay taxes in the UK I believe that you are entitled to vote for both referendums and general elections. Voters vote for the local candidates who should follow their voting lines.
As an expat you can vote in general elections, referendums and EU elections for 15 years after leaving UK. Not for local voting or mayoral voting.You need to go online to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote and fill in form for British Citizen living overseas. This is then sent to the council you were last registered to vote in and they will register you and send you postal votes as appropriate.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the 15year rule is to be amended. Not sure when the change will take place, or for how long the 15 years will be extended.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Watch out for the result of the Supreme Court in the first week of Dec. If they say that parliament has to vote on Brexit the pound will jump, if they don't it will drop.. My next transfer will be 14th - any one out there with a crystal ball, or better still inside info?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

For those who are looking to have a large capital investment here this year there is something that maybe worth investigating. I just caught the end of a news report this morning that there is a good possibility that the UK may devalue the Pound ( anything up to 10% ) due to Brexit. Have had a quick look through the normal business web sites but have drawn a blank.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Why should the Pound be devalued when the rate of exchange is determined by market forces. Since Brexit, it has dropped in value against the USD by more than 20%.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Why should the Pound be devalued when the rate of exchange is determined by market forces. Since Brexit, it has dropped in value against the USD by more than 20%.
The pound is weakening fast yet yesterday it was up against the peso. The pound may be dropping like a stone but the peso is dropping even faster.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
The pound is weakening fast yet yesterday it was up against the peso. The pound may be dropping like a stone but the peso is dropping even faster.
Yesterday the Pound was up 4% against the dollar, 3% against the Peso and nearly 3% against the Euro.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

BPI offering GBP>Peso at 67.9 if you are quick.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lumped on thanks .... When I arrived last Aug it was 61 then went to 58 just as I was purchasing all my big items grrrrrr .... I was gonna take advantage of the 67.2 this morning so glad I waited. By the way was it you in a post that recommended "Welsh Deli" ...if it was I cant thank you enough
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes welsh deli is great. now my lot have decided they do not like foreign food, My next order and it will be soon will be all about me) May even buy more as the exchange rate is better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.