British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Philippines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/)
-   -   PhilHealth and SRRV holders (https://britishexpats.com/forum/philippines-155/philhealth-srrv-holders-906433/)

quiltman Dec 1st 2017 8:50 am

PhilHealth and SRRV holders

For the last few weeks i have been persuing both the PRA and Philhealth re an article in the PRA newsletter, issued in August, that said we could join Philhealth at the old rate.
I have today received an email from "PhilHealth , via the PRA , confirming that holders of the SRRV and therefore members of the PRA can continue to pay the old rate AND receive ALL the old privileges , including the Z package so long as you joined PhilHealth BEFORE JULY 1 2017 , when the new rates took effect. I hope this helps SRRV members. Apparently you will need a photocopy of your SRRV when renewing.
Good day!

I apologize again for the very late reply, Sir. The latest newsletter that we sent, Sir was made before the PhilHealth Circular was released that's why the information there was based on the policies before we had the changes. But no worries Sir because in the Newsletter that'll we'll release this December is now checked and verified by PhilHealth.

Yes Sir, don't worry, you will now receive the latest Newsletter once it's out. Also, I am here to send it to you just to make so sure.

The following statement is from Ms. Che Manzano of Philhealth, Sir. May you find it helpful.

"I would again like to give emphasis to PRA members who already registered with PhilHealth prior to July 1, 2017. Their old annual premium rate of Php 2,400.00 is still in effect and all the benefits including declaration of qualified dependents accorded to Filipino members will also be the same for them. Regardless if there are incidences that they missed payments or became inactive or employed as long as they were registered before July 1, 2017, they will be treated prospectively."

You can also inquire to the following department/ division, Sir in case I'm away and you need an urgent or direct answer:

[email protected]
[email protected]

or to Ms. Che Manzano of PhilHealth at [email protected].

Thank you very much for the patience and understanding, Sir Gary. God bless!

quiltman Dec 13th 2017 7:08 am

Re: PhilHealth and SRRV holders

An important update to Philhealth benefits for SRRV holders who are named as a dependent on their Filipina wifes Philhealth. So long as you were a dependent BEFORE July 1 2017 then you are still covered! Here's the final email from Maria Manzano of Philhealth to another SRRV holder I told to contact her for clarification.
Good Day!

I appreciate your concern and we apologize for the confusion it brought you.

When PRA made a newsletter regarding the premium increase starting July 1, 2017, I gave an advisory through Ms. Mariel Jade Monteagudo of the PRA to reiterare that members of the PRA who already enrolled in PhilHealth prior to the July 1, 2017 effectivity of the 15,000.00 annual premium, may still pay the old rate of Php2,400.00. Only those PRA and Non-PRA members who will register or enroll starting July 1, 2017 onwards will be affected by the Php15,000.00 annual premium.

Fortunately, because you are declared dependent of a Filipina who is already a member, you are not affected by the said policy. If your wife is regularly paying without gaps or misses, you will be continuously covered. She will just have to pay the prescribed PhilHealth rate or annual premium of Php2,400.00 until an increase takes effect. Your wife may also pay in advance of three years in the annual premium of Php2,400.00 if she intends to.

Only those PRA or non-PRA members registering for the first time starting July 1, 2017 onwards as VOLUNTARY MEMBERS will pay the annual premium of Php15,000.00 (PRA) and annual premium of Php17,000.00 (Non-PRA members). In addition, if these PRA or non-PRA members are established as EMPLOYED, the premium rate for EMPLOYED SECTOR will be applied.

Lastly, you may also refer to the attached PhilHealth Circular for other details you want to clarify with the undersigned.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Maria Cheryl b. Manzano

Send me a PM if you require more details.

tropicofcancer Apr 4th 2018 9:21 am

I can confirm that this is so. I was hospitalised, and went home yesterday. I was covered in part by my Filipina wife's Philhealth contributions. They paid just over 26% of my final bill.
The Philhealth representative, visited me in my room at Chong Hua.

quiltman Apr 5th 2018 6:09 am

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer (Post 12475634)
I can confirm that this is so. I was hospitalised, and went home yesterday. I was covered in part by my Filipina wife's Philhealth contributions. They paid just over 26% of my final bill.
The Philhealth representative, visited me in my room at Chong Hua.

Funny, my wife is in Chong Hua at the moment. The Philhealth lady has been round and checked we had the correct papers - MDR and proof of payment. She.ll be back in morning to process final bill.

tropicofcancer Apr 5th 2018 9:30 am

I thought I saw you Tuesday afternoon Quiltman, unfortunately, I was in a wheelchair at the time, near to the pharmacy. I was on the way to the Medical Arts, as they couldn't bring equipment to my room.
Good to know, that our Philhealth is still good.

quiltman Apr 6th 2018 12:28 pm

Thought I saw you out of corner of my eye! Said AHA, an expat to myself , but did not stop as on way to get a cab to get home and pack her bag! All well , out today and sent you PM.